Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape 10/17 and 10/18

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Farscape 10/17 and 10/18

Just a reminder that the Peacekeeper Wars, two part miniseries, starts this Sunday at 9pm est and concludes on Monday.

Usatoday has a good read on it but be warned that there are spoilers, one big one that I wish I hadn't read. You have been warned!!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...farscape_x.htm
Old 10-15-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ben was on Screen Savers last night and they showed a few clips. Looks pretty sweet.
Old 10-15-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I think I tried looking for it on my Wishlist with no success. I will try again right now before I forget.
Old 10-15-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reminding me!
Old 10-15-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll wait for it to hit DVD before I watch it, but I cannot wait for it.

I'm halfway through season 3 now on DVD, so buy the time I finish the season 4, the mini-series will probably just be hitting the shelves.
Old 10-15-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Thanks for the reminder! I never watch the ... um .. what channel was that again.. oh yeah, Sci-fi so I mighta missed this!
Old 10-15-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's getting tremendous reviews from those lucky enough to have seen it. Apparently it concludes things in a highly satisfactory manner, even tying up loose ends that people had forgotten about.

Anxious to see for myself.
Old 10-15-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if the ratings are big enough if they'll do more?
Old 10-15-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Too bad this will not be in HD. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-15-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
I wonder if the ratings are big enough if they'll do more?
It's been hinted by the Henson folks that this could happen.
Old 10-15-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I absolutely can't wait for Sunday. I think the amount of interest in this particular miniseries will blow Sci-Fi away (not that they'd admit it).

I just finished the last episode in my DVD marathon last night, and for those of you interested - watch the "Save Farscape" featurette on the last disc. It talks to a number of the cast members - Aeryn, Chianna, D'Argo, Pilot/Crais, Grazer, and Scorpius about their last day of shooting when they all found out the show was cancelled and then their reactions to the fans struggling to save the show. It's pretty powerful, and it puts this weekend's miniseries in a bit of a different light. That they were successful in restoring the entire cast is pretty amazing.

Tune in...I think PeaceKeeper Wars will be amazing...
Old 10-16-04, 02:43 AM
Banned

Scifi channel was/is doing a super weeklong+ marathon playing every entire episode.

Too bad I found out about this 5 days into it
Old 10-16-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by valkyrie
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I absolutely can't wait for Sunday. I think the amount of interest in this particular miniseries will blow Sci-Fi away (not that they'd admit it).

I just finished the last episode in my DVD marathon last night, and for those of you interested - watch the "Save Farscape" featurette on the last disc. It talks to a number of the cast members - Aeryn, Chianna, D'Argo, Pilot/Crais, Grazer, and Scorpius about their last day of shooting when they all found out the show was cancelled and then their reactions to the fans struggling to save the show. It's pretty powerful, and it puts this weekend's miniseries in a bit of a different light. That they were successful in restoring the entire cast is pretty amazing.

Tune in...I think PeaceKeeper Wars will be amazing...
Same here, just finished it today and the featurette was great. I would be very sad and disappoinetd if the show was not saved. Definitely want to know how this ends. Best sci-fi ever!
Old 10-17-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I finished up my Farscape Netflix cue on Thursday so I'm all set for tonight. If I had known sci-fi was going to do a marathon I could have saved some money.
Old 10-17-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 10-17-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

T-minus 1 hour and counting.
Old 10-17-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I won't be watching live, as I made a promise that I intend to keep. However, knowing that this thing is actually on the air brings a tear to my eye.

das
Old 10-17-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Irony is the fact that I am not watching it right now. We had uninvited guests come over and they won't stop yakking.
Old 10-17-04, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I didn't realize the extent that I missed this show, until I was watching it. It was just an amazing experience, and I can't wait for the second half. It didn't disappoint on any level for me. I just hope this leads to a new show on a channel that can appreciate what these people do.
Old 10-17-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just hope the ratings are good enough to keep the story going in some way whether it be more mini series or movies.
Old 10-18-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh my god, I missed this show.

Okay, so here's my short-short review of the show. I loved that they brought back so many characters (fans of the show will see old faces - friends and foes). I'm pissed they didn't start with the classic music and intro. I love that the picked up right (and I do mean RIGHT) where they left off. I'm pissed that Chianna seemed...well, bit odd (someone tell me if I made this one up). I love that they got so many of the original actors back - not a one was missing. I'm pissed that they left a few things unexplained as of yet (SPOILERS - what's up with Grazer and why is Sizoku in such funy garb). I love that battle sequences. Watching the Scarans and Peacekeepers go head-to-head in the first few minutes...well, it was INDESCRIBABLE.

All in all, I absolutely abhored it when the words "To Be Continued" came up on the screen (fans of the show will understand my feelings here). Thank God the other half will air tomorrow night. I hope the ratings are off-the-chart and that SciFi understands they missed the boat on saving this show.

On a side now, they showed a teaser for Battlestar Galactica. As much as I hate SciFi for dumping Farscape, I'm tempted to keep cable long enough to tune in for a few episodes in January. I loved the miniseries, and hope the show lives up to it's legacy.

Talk to you all tomorrow night.

PS. das, what's up with the vow not to watch it live? are you nuts, or what?
Old 10-18-04, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was surprised on how good the effects were. Enterprise is already looking 'iffy' effects wise and now Farscape made the cgi on Enterprise look laughable.

The story was good even if a couple of the characters seem a bit off. Chiana was different. It's almost like she was being played by a different actress. Jewel was completly different. I always thought she was gravitating toward D'argo but all of a sudden she's been carrying a torch for Crichton? They hardly acknowledged that Sikozu used to be a member of the Moya crew.

Aeryn's reluctance at being a mother was well done. Her short scenes with D'argo and Rygel told you a lot about how conflicted she is.

And I think Crichton is slightly insane. And that he either has a deathwish or loves danger because he just refuses to run.

All in all, the best sci-fi show currently on TV, bar none.

The ratings should be record breaking.

D
Old 10-18-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Derrich, I completely agree with what you said. I wondered about the Jool thing, too. It just seemed odd. I figured since she had been alone with the priests so long that she just sort of "missed men," but then when D'Argo appeared right after she caught John, there was no sign of the almost-flame between them. I loved Aeryn's scenes, as always. She and John both seemed the most true-to-form. I think ever since the Harvey implant, John has always been a bit nuts (but that's what makes him a great character).

The story was indeed great. I loved how they hinted at the ties between the humans and Peacekeepers (and delved into the history of the peacekeepers). Cool bit of history there.

I can't wait until tonight. Unfortunately, I'll have to catch the 11pm showing, but I'll be tuning in live.
Old 10-18-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Digital Bits is saying that this is a rumored DVD release in earlyl '05. From Lion's Gate (?)
Old 10-18-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I totally dug it - the only bummer is that you can really tell that they're just barreling through what would have been a fifth season's 22-episode storyline with just 4. It makes for an exciting and fast-paced story, but it leaves no room for the deeper character interaction and interesting diversions that this show is known for. You could see what each episode could have been - getting Chriton & Aryen back together, Moyas's trip to the planet, their reunion with Jool and more, would have all been one or two episodes each.

Anyways, does anyone know what the numbers were and what would be considered a good enough rating to get them a full new season?

(also, Jool better not be dead!)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.