Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Treel Hill 10/5/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-04, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One Treel Hill 10/5/04

You ever wonder where these crazy kids get the money to throw these parties? Well, now Brooke does too.

So the recently married Scotts get to play catch-up on their respective bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Hailey learned a few new moves, and acquired some frilly lingerie.

Nathan was tempted with former playmate Summer Altice, and amazingly enough rebuffed her advances, though she killed him in basketball on the Playstation/2.

Will Dan corrupt Lucas as Lucas fills in the "son" role while Nathan is doing his own thing? Dan and Deb are still in cahoots about undermining Nathan's marriage, but Dan is convince it'll implode on its own.

Keith is still trying to keep his distance from Karen, and she learns that she can't have it both ways after crushing his heart.
Old 10-06-04, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the episode started, I said to myself, "Wonder when daddy is going to pull the funding?". Well, apparently 30 minutes later.

The final scene was just creepy. Lucas helping Dan into Deb's house.

Dan did not have a lobotomy. So that means future manipulative evil-doing is not far away.

Deb is a bitch diguised .... as a bitch. A rather hot one.

The season is not quite taking off. I suspect this may be it's last.
Old 10-06-04, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Is it me or does Barbara Alyn Woods ("Deb") not look as good as she did last season? Maybe it's because her character is a bitch all of a sudden this season...

Hilarie Burton and Sophia Bush continue to have...to have that little special something.

I like that Keith is giving Karen the cold shoulder - what did she expect?
Old 10-06-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, they're introducing a new "hip" character to shake up the show. That's usually the harbinger of doom for any show, right?

This episode was decent. It's interesting to see Deb and Dan's take on young marriages when interpreting how the new Scotts will fare.

It's intresting how everyone's roles seemed to be switched around this season with Keith running the car lot, Dan as a father figure to Lucas (sorta), etc.
Old 10-06-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Brooke and Peyton would give into their lesbian impulses, this season could be a humdinger.
Old 10-06-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Old 10-06-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Weak episode. I think the writers are realizing that when they take away all the conflict (Lucas/Nathan, Brooke/Peyton, Dan/Lucas, Dan/Keith, Dan/Everybody, Lucas/Peyton/Brooke), there's nothing interesting left. But when they make it this way, nobody is going to want things to change for the worst (for example, nobody wants to see Lucas and Nathan go back to hating each other).

Maybe the new character will help. As long as he's not played by Ted McGinley.

Also, does anybody know if Jake will ever come back or is he completely written out of the show?
Old 10-06-04, 06:49 PM

Speculation:

Peyton realizes she still wants Luke. There have been deliberate camera shots dedicated to showing her feelings for him. So I expect them to hookup again. Hopefully after the lesbian love scene with Brooke. Brooke and Peyton will fight it out again.

Deb and Dan try to break up Nathan's marriage after they realize it isn't going to fall apart on their own. They team up as the Axis of Evil.

Nathan and Brooke hook up which causes the marriage to fail. Luke fights with Nathan because he hurt Haley.

Nathan gets jealous of Luke's relationship with Dan. Luke finds out about Dan's and Deb's evil and bails on them. Dan says "Good Riddance" .. Luke isn't a real Scott anyway.

All kinds of possibility. None of which will happen ;-P
Old 10-08-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
If Brooke and Peyton would give into their lesbian impulses, this season could be a humdinger.
I wanna see Coach in some hot solo action