Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 10/06/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 11:39 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
BTW, Kate said to Jack: "You want to know what I did?" Which implies that she's guilty.
Old 10-07-04, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by redinger
Can't be a dinosaur. Dinosaur's are extinct.

About the commercials - I was wondering if this show has less of a running time than normal? Or are the commercial breaks just shorter. There are alot of commercial breaks. I'm watching this in HD (while taping Smallville for the wife), so I get to sit through all these breaks.
This is my story also, except for the wife! Plus I'm Tivoing Smallvile.

I really think the breaks are shorter, cause I will go away to do something and before I know it the show has started up again.

Chris
Old 10-07-04, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
damn tivo... now i have to pad the end by a minute...

i'm not sure how i feel about kate's past. i kept thinking, "tell us (or show us) what she did!" but they just showed us a recent flashback that seemed as if it was there to just take up time. but i guess that whole flashback was just to set up her "i want to ask a favor" line, to show she is a good girl at heart. like most here, i don't want a sympathetic crime. it think it would be great for the integrity of the show if it were not a "revenge crime" or the like.

it's almost as if i think this show is a mini-series, and things will get wrapped up quickly. i think i just need to have a little more patience, considering the lack of good shows on tv.

and who in the hell shoots someone in the heart anymore? i thought that when kate walked out, the marshall had the gun and was going to shoot himself. but "bad boy" showed his weaknesses. *whimpering* "i only had one bullet"

great ending there, with Jack having to kill the marshall minutes after being told he didn't have the guts to.

oh, one more thing... Kate needed a light for the fire, and BAM! the guy shows up with a lighter.

as for the spoiler for next week,
Spoiler:
i had wondered why no one had even mentioned the rear of the plane
Old 10-07-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux

oh, one more thing... Kate needed a light for the fire, and BAM! the guy shows up with a lighter. [/spoiler]
lol. This is quickly becoming the "there isn't enough time!" of this show.
Old 10-07-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good episode. I have TiVo, too, and it was cut off at the end.

But why is everyone saying "damn TiVo"?

Damn ABC for going long. My TiVo stopped recording exactly when it was supposed to - 8:00.

I'm just padding 5 minutes from now on.
Old 10-07-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had to laugh at Sawyer when he tried to give the high and almighty speech about doing something that Jack couldn't do and then he messed it up by missing his heart. There's definitely something behind his anger. I tend to think that his wife and kids may have left him or something.

I think Kate stole a lot of money. Although if she did, I don't know what she did with it.

I say the monster is just an angry elephant hopped up on steroids.
Old 10-07-04, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
BTW, Kate said to Jack: "You want to know what I did?" Which implies that she's guilty.
It could be sarcasm. "You want to know what I did? ... I killed a politician's son for raping my little sister". Revenge is against the law. This has been a common theme among TV shows since the beginning. Good people punished for serving justice when society fails. The rich politician gives monetary incentive for the law enforcement community to hunt her down.
Old 10-07-04, 12:17 PM

If the gun only had one bullet left, then it was completely pointless last week when they seperated the clip from the rest of the gun right?

The one remaining bullet would have already been in the chamber right?
Old 10-07-04, 12:23 PM

yeah, you're right. i'm sorry tivo. i shouldn't curse at you. it's not your fault, you stopped at the exact time i specified.

damn abc.

last week, they did take the bullet out of the chamber, in addition to removing the clip.
Old 10-07-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Ted The Bug
If the gun only had one bullet left, then it was completely pointless last week when they seperated the clip from the rest of the gun right?

The one remaining bullet would have already been in the chamber right?
The Iraqi guy told her to unchamber that round.
Old 10-07-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A) There were two rounds in the gun: one in the clip and one in the chamber. Last week, the one in the chamber was effectively discarded when it was ejected and left on the jungle floor.

B) There was one round in the gun, and when it was ejected Sayid picked it up and put it into the clip.

C) Careless plothole.
Old 10-07-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The "white color criminal" angle seems the most likely with her
I'd really appreciate it if we didn't bring racist comments into an otherwise civil thread, please.

MagiWish Penisula!
I just noticed that you also posted sexually suggestive comments, too.
Old 10-07-04, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
There's definitely something behind his anger. I tend to think that his wife and kids may have left him or something.

[...] I say the monster is just an angry elephant hopped up on steroids.
I'm sure it's related to that letter or paper we saw Sawyer looking at in private; we don't know its contents yet...

My monster guess: genetically oversized wild boar. A human being killed his brother.
Old 10-07-04, 12:53 PM

Doesn't it seem the "monster" has some invisible properties? It would be kind of hard for them to not see a gigantic elephant.
Old 10-07-04, 01:07 PM

For whatever reason I thought the show aired at 8 pm cst...so at just before 7:30 I came across the scene with Kate in the truck flashback.

Could someone give a detailed description of what happened in the first 27 minutes?

I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-07-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess after the pilot was a ticked off Wooly Mammoth.. Something big enough to shake the ground and get up high enough to pull that guy out of the cockpit. And the thing the guy heard in the woods and ran from..sounded like a wild boar maybe.

I'm glad I watched Lost live, and ReplayTV'd Smallville considering I would have missed the end..

And I can't believe the 'talk of the beach' wasn't the frickin polar bear..I mean, I can't imagine anything much crazier than seeing a polar bear on a tropical island.

If it is a wooly mammoth...and there's a polar bear...could be that there are animals that have survived and/or evolved to be different than versions of animals found in other parts of the world..like that may look like a polar bear, but over the millenia the ones there have evolved to be able to surivive in that type of environment.
Old 10-07-04, 01:11 PM

The sounds the animal made in this episode was like I would imagine a wild boar to make. Genetic??? .. naw. Canadian Bacon ... yes.

There is obviously more than one critter.
Old 10-07-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by maxpower
Could someone give a detailed description of what happened in the first 27 minutes?
I gave a breakdown of the episode already. Read the thread.
Old 10-07-04, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If Kate was a white collar criminal or killed someone in the heat of passion, then hopefully the marshall wouldn't feel the need to shackle or strangle her. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's a notorious Canadian assassin who doesn't use handguns.
Old 10-07-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by Shady12

And I can't believe the 'talk of the beach' wasn't the frickin polar bear..I mean, I can't imagine anything much crazier than seeing a polar bear on a tropical island.
I don't believe they told anyone about the polar bear.
Old 10-07-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cleaver
If Kate was a white collar criminal or killed someone in the heat of passion, then hopefully the marshall wouldn't feel the need to shackle or strangle her. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's a notorious Canadian assassin who doesn't use handguns.
Shackles for transportation of prisoners is policy, regardless of the crime.

If she killed someone for revenge or something similar, it's very doubtful that she would have a bounty on her head and they'd extradite her from Australia.

Also, she's not really Canadian. US citizens that are hiding out or don't want to be pegged as Americans always say they're Canadians. I haven't heard her say 'aboot' or 'eh' yet.
Old 10-07-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 171 Posts
I have only caught bits of this program, and from what I have read, this is something better saved for DVD when you can watch it marathon style.
Old 10-07-04, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by dom56
Anyone think the Korean guy might kill and eat Vincent later in the episode if they ran out of food?
yah and maybe the black family might find 40s and fried chicken. didn't we discuss in the last post how unlikely DDK will submit himself to fulfilling asian stereotypes?

on another note, two theories:

1. someone mentioned purgatory. i'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the absurdist jean paul sarte and his famous 'no exit' play which implies 'hell is other people'. it's not really sci-fi, but this could be a spiritual stretch--everyone died in a plane crash and they're all in hell. the 'beasts' are really demons and what not, or devices to create conflict between all the other residents of hell! hey i'm not saying i believe it, but it's something to offer.

2. also, remember how locke says 'a miracle happened HERE'. maybe he's been to the island before or something (cause he seems the least distressed. i mean hell, when everyone was trying to get shelter in the rain he was livin it up. or the whole orange peel in the mouth playfulness). a miracle--as in the miracle of creation. again, the whole man-made beast thing. he probably knows it's not a threat.

ideas?
Old 10-07-04, 02:00 PM

did he say "a miracle HAPPENED here" or "a miracle WILL HAPPEN here"?

i thought it was the latter, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-07-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I have only caught bits of this program, and from what I have read, this is something better saved for DVD when you can watch it marathon style.
DVD needs to include:
1. Longer versions of each show: 5 to 10 minutes
2. Making of
3. Deleted sceens
4. Clues to what is really going on

Maybe if the DVD sells really well it will help offset the cost of the show and next season we will not have to have so many commersial breaks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.