Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race - 8/24/04

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Leg 8 of 13 - Who will come in last (and may be Philiminated)?
Chip & Kim
0%
Colin & Christie
22.22%
Karen & Linda
31.11%
Brandon & Nicole
11.11%
Kami & Karli
35.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race - 8/24/04

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by icondude
I was kind of wishing that Chip & Kim would come in last so when they were asked for all their money, they wouldn't have any to give. Kind of like a HA-HA to the producers. Otherwise I like Chip & Kim.
Yeah, but the Twins are also not getting any money at the start of the next leg, which Chip and Kim will be VERY much counting on. If Chip and Kim had come in last, they'd be hurting this leg AND next one for cash, as I agree that the younger female twins will have less difficulty getting cash than a married couple would.
Old 08-30-04, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by Vonner
I knew it was a non-elimination leg at the top of the show tonight. I've figured out the key. If Phil says "who will be eliminated next?" in the little promo instead of "who will be eliminated tonight?", it's a non-elimination leg. It's worked out that way in all shows this year.
So... in the two whole times that there's been a non-elim. leg, this has held to be true? Not a huge stack of evidence you have there, but I'll keep an eye out for it in the coming eps.
Old 08-30-04, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by Boot
Colin is a batterer, maybe not physically, but he shows signs of a typical batterer. He abuses Christie and then tries to make her think it's her fault and then is all apologetic about it later, and then she decides that it was indeed her fault and that she should have handled things differently. Those are classis batterer/battered behaviors. My guess is that he treats her like shit often...
Originally posted by silentbob007
Now that Mirna and Charla are gone, Colin really neads to find someone to take his anger out on besides Christie. I can't believe she apologized to him. While Colin is obviously an arrogant jerk, he seems to treat the other racers decently and is keen on playing the game....
Well, I'm not sure if he physically batters Christie, but I can see the emotional batterer arguement. I've always been warned to watch for guys that are control freaks, don't accept responsibility for their own behavior but try to blame their partner, and who are unable to control their anger. His handling of the taxi ride was classic in regards to all those symptoms. I was horrified that she not only apologized to him, but that as they were riding up on the elevator, he demanded that she "Gimme a kiss" and she did very meekly and seemed meek throughout the rest of the leg. How sad.

As for how he's treating the other racers, there's a fair amount of animosity towards him still, so much so that I'm thinking he's annoying the other racers and we're not seeing the details why. You don't really know how he's treating them, only what they show.
Old 08-30-04, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by shoppingbear
So... in the two whole times that there's been a non-elim. leg, this has held to be true? Not a huge stack of evidence you have there, but I'll keep an eye out for it in the coming eps.
You can look at that two ways. One it's only been true twice, and two it's been right 100% of the time. I tend to look at it the second way.
Old 08-30-04, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by shoppingbear

As for how he's treating the other racers, there's a fair amount of animosity towards him still, so much so that I'm thinking he's annoying the other racers and we're not seeing the details why. You don't really know how he's treating them, only what they show.
In some of the behind the scenes moments online, Chip talks mostly favorable about Colin ... that he was a good enough guy except when he was around Mirna. That is what I based the comment on.