Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Millennium Season 1 (Spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-04, 07:09 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millennium Season 1 (Spoiler)

Wow, is all I can say. I just finished the first season and can't wait for the second one. Frank is going to tear it up to find his wife, the people who took her are really in for it. It sucks though I have to wait for season two to come out to see what happens to Katheryn. When the last episode ended last night I kept saying there has to be more to this season, can't leave me hanging, hell I even looked in the box hoping to see a 7th disc, but then reality stepped in and I knew I would have to wait.
Old 08-18-04, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
You're REALLY going to go nuts when you see how the series ends...
Old 08-18-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doesnt the series officially end in the X-Files crossover episode during Season 5?
Old 08-18-04, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The crossover is in Season 7 of The X-Files.

Rob
Old 08-18-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RobCA
The crossover is in Season 7 of The X-Files.

Rob
No, its Season 6. I own the dvd set.
Old 08-18-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means
So do I, and it's Season 7.

http://www.tvtome.com/XFiles/season7.html#ep143

Rob
Old 08-18-04, 03:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

what do you guys mean crossover, i have to watch the X-files to be able to eventually wrap up Millennium? Please no spoilers a simple yes or no will do.
Old 08-18-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by themovieguru
what do you guys mean crossover, i have to watch the X-files to be able to eventually wrap up Millennium? Please no spoilers a simple yes or no will do.
Technically - "no"
However, if you want to see the final television appearance of Frank Black - "yes"

I'm in the minority here in that I found the final episode of Millennium to be satisfying. The mythology of the major story arc did get a bit convoluted, however...

Now I just sit back and wait for Lara Means (a name that will come to mean something to you in subsequent seasons) to disagree

Last edited by Pointyskull; 08-18-04 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by 12thmonkey
Technically - "no"
However, if you want to see the final television appearance of Frank Black - "yes"

I'm in the minority here in that I found the final episode of Millennium to be satisfying. The mythology of the major story arc did get a bit convoluted, however...

Now I just sit back and wait for Lara Means (a name that will come to mean something to you in subsequent seasons) to disagree

Chris Carter was unable to give Millennium any real closure because of the show being canned after Season 3. This bothered him and this is the only reason why he made a Millennium/X-Files crossover episode for Season 7 titled "Millennium." Technically you don't have to watch this episode, but why the hell would you not want to? It does give you the fate of the Millennium Group and of Frank Black. It was a very nice way to close the book on the show. Besides, seeing him working with Fox Mulder kicked ass.

Last edited by Lara Means; 08-18-04 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps they'll include the crossover ep on the season 3 box set...
Old 08-18-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Do yourself a favor and skip season three. Just pretend it ended with the fantastic season 2 finale. That would have been more appropriate and provided more closure than we ended up getting with the season 3 finale or the Xfiles Xover.

Season 2 was good though. My favorite single episode was "In Arcadia Ego"
Old 08-19-04, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Lara Means
Millienium was in Season 7, the worst season of the show aside from the abysmal final Season 9.
Old 08-19-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I'd also suggest skipping the third season of Millennium as well... honestly, the most interesting things about it were guest appearances by James Marsters and Juliette Landau (Spike and Dru from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and a weird appearance by KISS.

Not spoiling anything, but the second season will take on a very conspiratorial tone that extends back thousands of years. (Think "Da Vinci Code".) That season also had a very... unique ending... that I won't spoil, but it sure made me go WTF? What are they going to do now?

And then the third season rolled around, and they tried to do their best to ignore what happened at the end of the second season... and it was a really HUGE ending... and they did the show did everything it could to minimize what happened. After the first couple of episodes I was kind of disgusted by what the series turned into and I quit paying attention. I don't know, maybe it got better later in the season, but the third season is generally reviled by even the show's biggest fans.

And the X-Files episode with Frank Black didn't really have much to do with anything.
Old 08-19-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ah yes, Millennium. For two seasons, it was the best hour drama on television.

For me, Season 3 never existed. It's like they tortured the show to death, and the X-files crossover episode simply took a crap on the corpse.

I remember becoming really interested in the show when I read a Chris Carter interview where he states, "What if all those random acts of violence aren't really so random?" I figured that he meant that the horrible things that happen in this world are following some sort of twisted logic and plan. Of course, Season One was what use fans called SKOTW, "Serial Killer of the Week." But it was still good stuff.

Season Two, is in my opinion, where the show really came into its own. The second episode, "Beware of the Dog," sets up the tone for the entire season: The Millennium Group's history and its role in world events.

I love how in Season One, Frank Black tries to keep a balance between his duty to helping out authorities in solving crimes and his need to maintain the integrity of his family and impede any of the ugliness in the world from coming into his home. But it is because of him that his family is torn apart at the end of Season 1.

By the end of the first episode in Season 2, Frank Black is no longer the same man he was in Season 1.
Spoiler:
The fact that he murders his wife's abductor in cold blood... and the fact that his wife doesn't want him near her because of it, completely throws his life asunder. This makes him a better candidate for the Millennium Group to recruit deeper into their dogma.

Some of the notable episodes from Season 2 that I love:

"The Curse of Frank Black"
Halloween episode. The scariest hour of television. Frank meets a ghost from the past that makes him a most tempting offer.

"The Hand of Saint Sebastian"
Begins with a segment that takes place in medieval Europe, all spoken in Latin. It gives a nice insight into just how old the Millennium Group is.

"Midnight of the Century"
Frank reminisces about his childhood, and specifically, his mother who had the same "gift" as he did.

"Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense"
Jose Chung, returns as the same character that appeared in an episode of the X-files. The episode is a terrific spoof of Scientology, called "Selfosophy."

"Somehow Satan Got Behind Me"
Four demons get together in the middle of the night to discuss the mischief they have wreaked upon the world that week. All four have come into contact with the "sad looking man."

"The Fourth Horseman" Season 2 Finale Pt. 1
Holy crap! That opening is worthy of Hitchcock. This is it folks, the beginning of the end of the world. It's coming and every player in the game is in a panic.

"The Time is Now"
The end of the world seems unstoppable. Frank Black has to make many decisions about how to save his family, and how to deal with the Millennium Group once and for all. This particular episode has quite possibly one of the most experimental and daring sequences in television history: A psychedelic vision by Lara Means set to Patti Smith's "Horses." Holy shee-it!

I need to get this show now. And I mean now!
Old 08-20-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TV shows these days wish they could have a terrific entire season like what Milliennium had during its second season. I dont think anyone can say they werent blown away by the two part season finale. Oh, Season 3 sucked hardcore.

Last edited by Lara Means; 08-20-04 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-20-04, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
All of my favorite episodes are from the 2nd season, and I am one of the few that does not hate the 3rd season, while it could have been better, it was still better than most other shows.

My faves:
"The Curse of Frank Black"
Halloween episode. The scariest hour of television. Frank meets a ghost from the past that makes him a most tempting offer.
Deno's "Memories are Made of This" is just perfect for/in this episode.

"Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense"
Jose Chung, returns as the same character that appeared in an episode of the X-files. The episode is a terrific spoof of Scientology, called "Selfosophy."
The X-Files episode also featuring "Jose Chung" is one of it's best as well.

"Somehow Satan Got Behind Me"
Four demons get together in the middle of the night to discuss the mischief they have wreaked upon the world that week. All four have come into contact with the "sad looking man."