Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Meth & Red 6/16, who's watching?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Meth & Red 6/16, who's watching?

Old 06-17-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because someone likes this show does not make them crazy; it just means that it appeals to their particular brand of humor. And whether or not the show will be cancelled remains to be seen. I'd wait to see how the ratings are after 4 or 5 eps before reserving judgemen as to it's future.
Old 06-21-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meth was pissed about the laugh track. From EW.com

Seeing Red
Method Man criticizes his Fox show. The rapper-actor says that ''Method & Red'' isn't ''ghetto'' enough by Brian Hiatt

The new Fox show ''Method & Red'' has gotten a negative review -- from one of its own costars. Method Man told the Los Angeles Times that the show isn't what he expected. ''This is frustrating for me,'' he told the newspaper. ''I'm trying to keep this show ghetto, and there's a way for it to be both ghetto and intelligent,'' he said. ''But it's not going that way.'' He also criticized the use of a laugh track, and said that the show tries too hard to pander to Middle America. Fox executives declined to respond to Method Man's comments, according to the Times.

The show, which costars rapper Redman, debuted respectably last week, scoring around 8 million viewers. EW's Ken Tucker praised the show's ''geniality,'' and the ''Daily Show'''s Beth Littleford's performance as an uptight neighbor. But he warned that it ''skirts pernicious cliches about rappers as booty-hunting sybarites.''
Old 06-21-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by cleaver

The new Fox show ''Method & Red'' has gotten a negative review -- from one of its own costars. Method Man told the Los Angeles Times that the show isn't what he expected. ''This is frustrating for me,'' he told the newspaper. ''I'm trying to keep this show ghetto, and there's a way for it to be both ghetto and intelligent,'' he said. ''But it's not going that way.'' He also criticized the use of a laugh track, and said that the show tries too hard to pander to Middle America. Fox executives declined to respond to Method Man's comments, according to the Times.

The show, which costars rapper Redman, debuted respectably last week, scoring around 8 million viewers. EW's Ken Tucker praised the show's ''geniality,'' and the ''Daily Show'''s Beth Littleford's performance as an uptight neighbor. But he warned that it ''skirts pernicious cliches about rappers as booty-hunting sybarites.''

Exactly the problem I found - it was far too clean.
Old 07-07-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so, who's still watching this?
Old 07-07-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still watching it, and still enjoying it as well. The only thing that(still) bothers me is the laugh track. Otherwise I think it's a good sitcom that could have a future. Then again, this is Fox we're talking about so you never know.
Old 07-07-04, 11:12 PM
Banned

ITS HORRIBLE. I watched the last episode and didn't laugh once. Really it reminded me of a bad disney or nikelodeon show. It would be better on HBO or something with tons of crude humor.
Old 07-08-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 507 Likes on 351 Posts
I heard about the show, and even saw a clip, which brought painful flashbacks of the time I saw How High. It has taken a long time for me to feel whole again, and I don't want to do anything to endanger the healing process by exposing myself to this program.
Old 07-08-04, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meth is right... The premise is good.. The characters are good, but the laugh track kills it
Old 07-08-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Thats not what Method Man said at all!?!
Old 07-08-04, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I stopped watching this crapfest several weeks ago.