TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 6/8

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield 6/8

The Shield - "All In"

An Armenian hit man aims to take down the strike team; David gets a lead from the Treasury Department mole; Claudette must choose between her conscience or her career.

Cast: Michael Chiklis, Benito Martinez, CCH Pounder, Jay Karnes, Catherine Dent, Walton Goggins, Michael Jace, Kenneth Johnson.
Producer(s): Shawn Ryan, Scott Brazil.

Original Airdate: June 8, 2004.

----------------------

The best show on TV barrels toward the season finale! Run Lem Run!
Old 06-08-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many episodes are left?
Old 06-08-04, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by kicker_of_elves
How many episodes are left?
This and 1 more I think.
Old 06-08-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cleaver
This and 1 more I think.
Correct.
Old 06-08-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
As I stated before, here's hoping Lem gets one right where Terry did.

But I'll toss out my two pennies as to some predictions for the rest of the season. BTW - this is based on NOTHING PUBLISHED, so if I'm right, it was a very good guess.

Lem and Ronnie ask for transfers off the strike team, leaving only Vic and Shane. That's the season finale, with the two leaving the strike team room with boxes. In the beginning of next season, Aceveda is City Council, but gang-related crime in his district is skyrocketing, and he puts pressure on Vic to get the team in order. Through plot twists they come back together for "just one job" and Vic convinces them that this is what they are made for. They realize it and the Strike Team is reborn.
Old 06-08-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting speculation. The fuse is lit, I just wonder if Vic can hold his "team" together.
Old 06-08-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should be a good episode.
Old 06-08-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That episode kicked ass!
Old 06-08-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but why did the Armenian mob begin to suspect the Strike Team of taking their money?
Old 06-08-04, 10:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Josh
As I stated before, here's hoping Lem gets one right where Terry did.
Aw, why? I like Lem. Ronnie, too. I'd rather that Cletus Van Damme get rubbed out. His temper is too much... how can you fly under the rader successfully with a loose cannon like that (mixed metaphors, ahoy)? I can't believe he pulled a gun on Lem. For a second, I thought Lem was going into the fire right behind the money.
Old 06-08-04, 10:58 PM

"Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but why did the Armenian mob begin to suspect the Strike Team of taking their money?"

The team let the Irish boy know that they were involved in the money train somehow. Armenians tortured Irish, and he probably told them about the Strike Team's interest in the money train.
Old 06-08-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
It was probably from Diego, not the Irish man.
Old 06-09-04, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by Jeremy517
I thought it might be from the combination.
Old 06-09-04, 12:39 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Solid episode.

Lem finally snapping was great.
Old 06-09-04, 12:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It was cool to see the second coming of "Jesus."

As a special bonus, "Tulips" was on the first episode of "The Jury" tonight.
Old 06-09-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the twist with the money train was lame. big let down.
Old 06-09-04, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jeremy517
Especially considering the charming freckles they left on him.

Really, really gutwrenching murder tonight. Probably the worst since the pilot.

Vic: "Try not to get all three of us arrested while we're gone." (A nice, and very necessary, moment of levity.)
Old 06-09-04, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Lem will be the next Terri like some one else said earlier. He burned at least one whole trunk of the cash before they got there.

Man I felt so bad for Tavon when they told him he hit "the bitch" This is the first time during the whole series that I have truely hated Vic. I normally root for him but when he said she had some bleeding after the "hit" I was disgusted with him.

Speaking of "the bitch"; the nerve of her saying she wants Vic out of their lives is he not the one protecting her ass and cleaning up her mistakes?
Old 06-09-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by tsohg

Man I felt so bad for Tavon when they told him he hit "the bitch" This is the first time during the whole series that I have truely hated Vic. I normally root for him but when he said she had some bleeding after the "hit" I was disgusted with him.
You can tell that affected Lem too. As if he didn't have another guilt over the death of O'Brien. Vic was such a scumbag to throw in the lie about Mara bleeding just to put Tavon over the top.

When I first saw the coming attractions for this series, many months before its debut, I knew it was going to be something special.
Old 06-09-04, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought Dutchboy was going to strangle Claudette for her hunt to establish the timeline of drug addiction on the lawyer that got shot.

The scene with Lem desperately trying to burn the money was sadly funny in many ways. How many times will you see that scene in your lifetime?
Old 06-09-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
This episode ranks among the best in the series. Just went you think things can't come more to a head, they do. All the wheels are spinning and there's going to be major fallout.

Claudette is setting herself up for a major battle. She has no idea how to play the game. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the twist of twists, it's Dutch or Vic who is named to Captain when Aceveda leaves.

The previews for next week have my head swimming

Spoiler:
As I predicted, Lem asks for a transfer. The team has no intention of letting him out with what he knows. The final scence of the preview has the strike team getting busted by what looks like a SWAT team.

This season started slowly in my opinon, but the second half of the season has been phenomenal. I'll definitely miss it, but the fact that Nip/Tuck is starting eases the pain
Old 06-09-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally posted by tsohg

Speaking of "the bitch"; the nerve of her saying she wants Vic out of their lives is he not the one protecting her ass and cleaning up her mistakes?

Yeah, you almost have to root for Tavon now. As for Shane and Mara, I certainly hope they get what is coming to them. 2 very disgusting characters.
Old 06-09-04, 08:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't watch the previews, but it seems to me that they are setting up this possible plotline...if not this season, then early next season:...............Mara murders Tavon...............
Old 06-09-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Josh
Spoiler:
As I predicted, Lem asks for a transfer. The team has no intention of letting him out with what he knows. The final scence of the preview has the strike team getting busted by what looks like a SWAT team.

Spoiler:
I thought the ST was with the Swat team on the bust, look at the preveiw again and IIRC, Vic is shown entering with them,, unless he is pinning the heist on one of his own...
Old 06-09-04, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Cusm
Spoiler:
I thought the ST was with the Swat team on the bust, look at the preveiw again and IIRC, Vic is shown entering with them,, unless he is pinning the heist on one of his own...
Spoiler:
I went back over the preview in slomotion with Tivo and Vic is shown going up some stairs with SWAT looking guys followed by some big bust. I rank last night's episode behind the season 1 2-parter finale and the one in season 2 where the hooker dies as 4th best in the series.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.