Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 6/8

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did anyone catch where the car shop guy said to store money short term ? He said he would put it _______ but normal people would just rent storage units.
Old 06-10-04, 01:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Shell corporations.
Old 06-10-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
Shell corporations.
but wouldn't that be laundering ?

I thought they were talking about where to store the money until they could safely launder it.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 06-10-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shell corporations.

?
Old 06-10-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
warehouses were also mentioned, but they might have been lumped in with storage units
Old 06-11-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldn't Mara be showing by now? It seems like time is passing elsewhere on the show, except with her "pregnancy".
Old 06-13-04, 07:25 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
Shouldn't Mara be showing by now? It seems like time is passing elsewhere on the show, except with her "pregnancy".
She isn't pregnant, just a manipulator.

We get it. Deleted duplicate posts. - Static
Old 06-13-04, 08:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mr899
Has that been made clear? That's what I was speculating, but I didn't know if that's really how it was happening.
Old 06-13-04, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by mr899
Please, post that again. Your point hasn't been made yet.

Any way, I'm pretty sure she is pregnant, since Shane has mentioned going to the doctor with her on more than one occasion. And since this is (presumably) her first kid, and it's only been a few weeks, I'm not surprised that she's not showing more.
Old 06-14-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Please, post that again. Your point hasn't been made yet.

Any way, I'm pretty sure she is pregnant, since Shane has mentioned going to the doctor with her on more than one occasion. And since this is (presumably) her first kid, and it's only been a few weeks, I'm not surprised that she's not showing more.
Not to be a dead horse either, but just because he's been to the doctor with her doesn't mean he was in the exam room with her.

I am in the camp that she is faking, and until that kid comes out I will be.
Old 06-14-04, 09:29 AM

This post is nothing more than the statement "Mara is not faking the pregnancy" to be used as a "I told you so" sometime in the future.
Old 06-14-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did not think she was necessarily faking either, but it just seems odd that elsewhere on the show they have mentioned time passing, but yet she doesn't even seem to be showing yet. Maybe she found out she was pregnant really early, and she is still in her first trimester.

She was pregnant when she hit Tavon and he is now awake in the hospital after being messed up so badly. I also seem to remember somewhere a character mentioning something happening earlier in the season and mentioned "6 weeks ago" but I'm blanking right now. I know they just mentioned that the money train hit was 6 months ago, but I can't recall how much time had passed between the two seasons.
Old 06-14-04, 04:17 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto that, I find it highly suspicious that so much time (seems) to have gone by in the show and she is still not showing any visible signs of being pregnant. Do you think they will ever touch on this either in the finale or next season?

Season Finale tomorrow night!
Old 06-15-04, 09:56 AM

Yeah - she's faking it, Because Cleetus Van Damme is such a prize with his beautifully furnished apartment, dream job, and perfect teeth.
Old 06-15-04, 11:52 AM

I'm also confused by the timeline. I thought about three months have passed since the money train hit.

I vaguely remember at the time of the robbery, Acevada was elected to city council. At time time, Vic said, "Six months from now, Acevada's going to be our boss' boss!" Claudette was also told she would get the precinct, but only after Acevada had finished cleaning up the department during his remaining tenure of six months.

The first few episodes took place in a very short period of time (2 or 3 days) after the robbery, but then there was a major time-skip where the ypick it up after Acevada spent six (?) weeks tracking his rapist.

Also, Dutch made a comment in this episode how Vic is able to turn the entire neighborhood upside-down to find the Armeniam mobsters such a short time, but hasn't been able to track down the money train for "X" period of time. I can't remember if he said months or weeks.

If anyone can provide some insight as to the timeline and Mara's pregnancy, I would appreciate it.