Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - 6/1

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best show on television.... End of story.
Old 06-02-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Working under the assumption that someone on the Strike Team won't make it through the next 2 show, which is no lock, I think it's very possible they knock off Shane. He's an intregal character but if it were real life than it would be a miracle he hasn't been killed, caught, or rolled over by the rest of the team yet.

[Stephen A. Smith voice] However, [/Stephen A. Smith voice]
Spoiler:
based on next weeks preview Lem would have to be the favorite.
Old 06-02-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cleaver
[B]Working under the assumption that someone on the Strike Team won't make it through the next 2 show, which is no lock, I think it's very possible they knock off Shane. /B]
Knocking off Shane still leaves them with the nasty problem of his wife AND her mom. I don't think they could come up with a convenient way to bump off all three characters.
Old 06-02-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone post (and spoilerize) the preview for next week?
Old 06-03-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another excellent episode. It's certainly building for the strike team and I hope a big blow-up is in the making. I don't want the money train story ending with them getting away with it. Somebody has to pay.
Old 06-03-04, 08:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
A very good episode. I was glad to see the return of the hilarious fence courting Danny from last week. That actor has "star quality." I hope he has a promising career ahead of him.

FYI, regarding Ronnie: he is the only active member of the strike team who is not a series "regular." Tevon too, of course.
Old 06-03-04, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
There realily wasn't anything concrete in it. It was your typical misleading, it-could-mean-just-about-anything clips and quotes although:
Spoiler:
it did seem like Shane and Vic were in a car witnessing Lem somehow "spilling the beans" on something.

However, great episode! I don't think Lem is going to go away. More interesting to watch him squirm and be the conscience of the Strike Team. He has always been my favorite character even though he is only second to Ronnie in terms of lack of real screen time (only because Ronnie is usually silent and was missing alot after his face got burned off). Now that the Armenian mess is being pushed back to the Strike Team, I think this storyline will come to some sort of resolution (a 90% one since nothing ever resolves neatly or goes cleanly "off the table" - see the recent "Previously on The Shield" when they showed the clips about Terry).

Either way I think I might have to hold off on next week's episode until I have Tivo'ed both since I'm sensing from the previews the finale is actually a two-parter.

Last edited by rfduncan; 06-03-04 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-03-04, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by movieking
Spoiler:
They showed Lem driving off in a van with Vic saying something along the lines of "Lem, don't!" I thought the implication was that the money was in the van and he was either turning himself in or returning it to the mob. The big thing besides that is they showed the Strike Team walking through some deserted area toward the foot-fetish guy with the long hair. I imagine next episode will leave them no other choice but to actually go after the Armenians, and then the showdown will be in the finale.
Old 06-03-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Spoiler:
I got the impression that Lem was going over to Shane's house based on Shanes' reaction.
Old 06-03-04, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they're in a dangerous area story-wise - if they kill someone off, it's going to seem like they're ripping off The Sopranos; if the ST again escapes unscathed, it's going to strain plausibility even further.
Old 06-03-04, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by Meatpants
I think they're in a dangerous area story-wise - if they kill someone off, it's going to seem like they're ripping off The Sopranos; if the ST again escapes unscathed, it's going to strain plausibility even further.
I disagree. When they kill someone off on the Sopranos the whole story-arc revolves around them killing off that character. For example, a few weeks ago they showed Chris firing a gun at the camera on the coming soon scenes, and many thought he was shooting at Adrianna. When they killed off *****, Richie, Jackie, Jr., and Ralphie, every week it was "are they gonna kill them this week, or wait for the season finale?" That's why I tought they jumped the shark after they killed *****, because now they kill off a semi-major cast member every season in the last 2 episodes.

It's not like no one dies on the Shield. Already this season 2 regulars have been raped, and 1 semi-regular killed himself. 8 year olds and 80 year olds dropped like flies. I see no reason to think plausibilty will be lost if no one on the Strike Team dies and besides the use of language and violence I don't see how it looks like they're ripping off the Sopranos.
Old 06-03-04, 03:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Two regulars have been raped? I only count one:

Spoiler:
Acevada

Are you thinking of:

Spoiler:
Trish

As the other one? That's not a regular character.
Old 06-03-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Please contain the Sopranos spoilers. Some of us have to wait for the dvds.
Old 06-03-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Somebody has to pay.
Ideally, yes, but if it happens, I'd really prefer to se someone pay for murdering Reed Diamond's character in the debut episode, rather than stealing ill-gotten money from ruthless scumbags.
Old 06-03-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

why would the plant ALL marked bills on O'Neil? and why doesn't Dutch think that is suspicious?
Old 06-04-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Originally posted by Venusian
why would the plant ALL marked bills on O'Neil? and why doesn't Dutch think that is suspicious?

Yeah - this was the part of the plan I had problems with. Presuming the marked bills are not sequential, it doesn't stand up to logic.
Old 06-04-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
With the now known leak in the treasury office this may take some steam out of that sail, or explain it off the strike team.
Old 06-04-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Cusm
With the now known leak in the treasury office this may take some steam out of that sail, or explain it off the strike team.
Very good point. It would stand to reason that the insider at Treasury tipped the real theives to the list of marked bills and they pinned them on a patsy. In any case, that injects enough of a variable to wildly throw off the scent.
Old 06-04-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rfduncan
Very good point. It would stand to reason that the insider at Treasury tipped the real theives to the list of marked bills and they pinned them on a patsy.
The inside guy at the treasury is working for the Armenians. That theory makes no sense at all. He found out who really stole it, told them, then turned around and told the Armenians the fake one? Why? So they would kill the fake one and give away his position?