DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reminder - WB to re-air both episodes of Superstar USA tonight (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/365428-reminder-wb-re-air-both-episodes-superstar-usa-tonight-merged.html)

calhoun07 05-28-04 07:26 PM

I was disappointed the skullett guy didn't get to go on.

movieking 05-29-04 10:10 AM

Nina Diva is channelling Molly Shannon, and more specifically, her joyologist character, Helen Madden.

Mario has the greasiest hair I've seen on TV in ages.

mautos 05-30-04 12:53 PM

Nina Diva is annoying as hell, i cant stand her

mautos 05-30-04 12:54 PM

PS...the guy who did born to be wild wasn't all that bad.

Dr_Evil 05-30-04 06:59 PM

I just saw the episode where they gave them the makeovers. Were they trying to make them look bad, or did it just come out that way? Most of the dye jobs they did were horrific.

This show is awesome.

calhoun07 05-30-04 07:12 PM

I like how they redid JoJo's hair then he came out singing in another dumbass hat. Classic.

And I agree the guy who did the Steppenwolf song wasn't all that bad. If they were rewarding the most awful singers, I would have picked the creepy thin guy in high heels over the Steppenwolf guy. At least for another round.

movieking 05-30-04 07:19 PM

Agreed. The Steppenwolf guy got put ahead for his theatrics more than his voice, IMO. I just cannot see how Frank got booted instead.

BizRodian 05-30-04 07:22 PM

I think they were just feeling sorry for some of the contestents and didn't want to advance them for that reason.

Applejack 05-30-04 11:31 PM

I think that a couple of the candidates, namely Frank and the anglo rap guy, may have been booted off because the judges thought they were trying to con the producers and faking it.

Frank did seem awful surprised that he made it to Hollywood, and the white rapper was pretty over the top.

Jamie has something weird about her teeth. Don't get me wrong, she is really pretty but sometimes it looks like she has a big gap between her teeth... other times they look normal. Must just be a bad angle or something, I cant really place it.

I feel kind of sorry for Omar and the black girl they kept telling to be more of a diva. they suck, but they seem like really nice people. She sucks, but not that bad.

I see why Ross got kicked off because, after you got around the androgeny, there was really nothing left. His voice was bad, but he wasn't too off key.

My favorites to win are Jamie, because she doesn't know her lines and her voice is awful; Rosa because she always changes the lyrics to something really stupid; the guy with the Guardian Angel beret and Nina Diva, because she is awful and has no idea.

The guy from that other forum sucks and all, but IMO he seems a little too nerdy to even make fun of so I feel bad for him.

calhoun07 05-31-04 07:45 AM

What happened to the nerdy guy's make over? He was looking pretty bad ass after his make over and actually looked pretty decent. The only other decent make over was Jamie's, the rest of them just looked ridiculous. Not that the nerdy guy's make over fit him, but he looked fine until he opened his mouth. He shows up for another song and is wearing those stupid glasses again. What about his sunglasses? Oh well.

Ross was a one-joke pony. I still say Skullet man should have gone on.

I would like to hear more from the Anglo Assassin. He's got a Malibu's Most Wanted/Jamie Kennedy thing going on, IMO.

What the hell was wrong with Omar's eyes while he sang? They kept on fluttering during the entire song. I've never seen anybody do that when they sing.

I just want to see them tell Nina Diva that she sucks to her face, regardless if she is the winner or not. As cruel it would be, as another post said, some of these people need a wake up call. I think the people they sent home so far know they are not all that.

And is this the official Superstar talk back thread now?

atari2600 05-31-04 11:19 AM

is that judge really vitamin C?

B.A. 05-31-04 08:21 PM

Originally posted by atari2600
is that judge really vitamin C?
Yes, it is.

Briggs was funny as hell after Rosa sang "Beaches".

I can't believe she was refering to Bette Midler as a "he". :lol:

B.A. 05-31-04 08:30 PM

Omar, I'm going to be honest w/ you, because if I didn't then I would be dishonest. You were incandescent. I don't know what that means, but whatever it is - you were it.

Patman 05-31-04 08:32 PM

BTW, Vitamin C = Colleen Fitzpatrick, and was in a movie, Dracula 2000, that some folks might have seen.

Tonight's performances have set the bar so low, I have no idea who they could cut because they all bring something awful to the table. I don't envy the judges tonight.

Patman 05-31-04 08:38 PM

OMG, Briggs just pulled off a Kelso move!

ChrisHicks 05-31-04 08:55 PM

is it just me or does Jamie remind you of a smaller version of Anna Nicole Smith?

Patman 05-31-04 08:56 PM

The survivors(?): Mario, Jamie (love the full body pan), Rosa, Jojo.

I'm rooting(?) for Super Mario.

Patman 05-31-04 08:58 PM

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
is it just me or does Jamie remind you of a smaller version of Anna Nicole Smith?
Actually, I think Jamie has bigger boobs than ANS.

calhoun07 05-31-04 09:13 PM

The four I wanted to see gone tonight were gone.

I would love to know what the reactions of the cut people were after they found out this was all a hoax.

I also noticed Jamie AGAIN had lyrics written on her hand, but we never saw her look at them. Did the editors cut that out? It seems all the performances are cut short for mercy's sake.

B.A. 05-31-04 09:21 PM

Originally posted by calhoun07
I also noticed Jamie AGAIN had lyrics written on her hand, but we never saw her look at them. Did the editors cut that out? It seems all the performances are cut short for mercy's sake.
We noticed that, too.

The editors that work on this show are doing a superb job. They are keeping the performances mercifully short.

I loved it when Briggs and Vitamin C reached for each other's hands during the performance of "Endless Love".

icondude 06-01-04 01:27 PM

I think they should have dropped Rosa and kept Nina Diva.

Neitzl 06-01-04 01:33 PM

Rosa Rocks! She's so atrocious, but in a good way.

Has anyone else sorta noticed that during the incessant
previews of "who will win, and how will they react when we
tell them it was all a hoax", we sorta get to see who is being
interviewed on Extra? I paused it during that one bit, and
it clearly showed who was being interviewed. Don't know
if it means anything, but that's sorta stupid how they show
stuff from episodes that we haven't seen, and not in a preview
for next week sort of thing.
At this point, I really don't care who wins(loses), but just love the
journey there.

I honestly can not believe that these people, especially Mario,
really think they are good singers/dancers. Oh, the humanity!

Neitzl

Patman 06-01-04 01:38 PM

I can't wait for the duets!

Kal-El 06-01-04 01:41 PM

I guess Omar was reeeeeally bad even for this show that's why he got kicked. I thought they were going to keep the first 4 who were extremely awful and boot the last 4 who were pretty much "in tune". Even Jo Jo. But he has that "third person" thing going on I guess.

I just love how Vitamin C blatantly rips offs Paul Abdul's lines... :lol:

"You made it your own"
"No one is safe"

DRG 06-01-04 02:52 PM

"I respect their opinions, but I respect mine a lot more." :lol:

I love their snarkiness. The only thing I don't get is how the singers fall for the judges' lines. They're great at sarcastic comedy, but not at all convincing in their praise. They're TOO straight-faced. An occasional smile would really sell the fact that they're 'enjoying' the performance.