DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reminder - WB to re-air both episodes of Superstar USA tonight (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/365428-reminder-wb-re-air-both-episodes-superstar-usa-tonight-merged.html)

Timber 05-25-04 09:01 PM

This is just great TV. Why is Tone Loc on the show though? He offers nothing.

Goldberg74 05-25-04 09:10 PM

The bit where Briggs was telling that contestant that she 'bedded' that song was hilarious!

Eliminated:

Spoiler:
The Anglo Assassin (Ash), The Androgynous One (Ross), Little Miss Broadway (Emily) and the Creepy Thin Kid (Frank).

das Monkey 05-25-04 09:14 PM

• Goldberg74 •

The bit where Briggs was telling that contestant that she 'bedded' that song was hilarious!

Yo, yo, ask somebody. Yeah. Go ahead. Ask someone.

"It's a hard song. It's hard, isn't it Briggs?"
"Oh yeah ... it's hard." rotfl

Nina Diva's kicks stereotyping Asians as martial arts experts. :lol: Brilliant!

"Macfayden ... GONE!" rotfl

das

Goldberg74 05-25-04 09:19 PM

I don't know what's <strike>funnier</strike> scarier... Mario's blank stare or JoJo's toothy grin.

B.A. 05-25-04 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Timber
Why is Tone Loc on the show though? He offers nothing.
He is completely unnecessary when you have Vitamin C and Briggs on the judges panel.

Vitamin C set up Briggs perfectly w/ the hard comment after Jamie (Big Boobs McGee) finished her rendition of "Fallin'". :lol:

edit to add: Just saw that das was thinking the same thing. :up:

B.A. 05-25-04 09:21 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
Vitamin C: "I don't think it's racist - I think it's racy." :lol:

Goldberg74 05-25-04 09:23 PM

Originally posted by B.A.
"Well there's a kick for you Miss Vitamin C... Chow!" - Nina Diva :lol:

TL is good for a laugh every now and then...

"I think you need to rap about urban stuff... like surfboards." :lol:

das Monkey 05-25-04 09:24 PM

• B.A. •

I don't care how much bubble gum pop she released in the last few years ... I am in love with this woman.

das

B.A. 05-25-04 09:27 PM

I don't care how much bubble gum pop she released in the last few years ... I am in love with this woman.

das

I think Conan needs to make her his new sidekick (or at least a correspondent).

I like Briggs comment in the preview for next week: "You're like Tom Cruise, but w/out all that Scientology crap." rotfl

Goldberg74 05-25-04 09:30 PM

This one?

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0219653/5

das Monkey 05-25-04 09:37 PM

Yep. She could suck me dry.

Cuz, like, she's a vampire and stuff.

das

MrR0boto 05-25-04 10:05 PM

The show was great tonight (Monday's was not so good).

This is my guess at the final 4:

Rosa (the whole package - terrible singer and mispronounces words. Rosa is competing with Omar for worst voice.)

Omar (really came through with a horrible performance tonight. I didn't see this coming in the audition round, but the judges made the right call by keeping this guy)

Mario (Just horrible looking. Downright creepy. Not the worst singer up there, but his image is top notch).

Jamie (2 performances, both times she read lyrics off of her hand. She's the best singer of my top 4 though.)

Goldberg74 05-25-04 10:14 PM

I think that Mario is the guy (Toonie) that's posted his thoughts in a thread mentioned in this other thread.

I think I figured it out when I remembered that his avatar is one of the Power Puff girls, and that was his hobby (collecting PowerPuff Girl comic books) on his bio-screen before the announced he was a finalist last night.

If you try to view the image by itself, the file name is "MarioPuffava.jpg"... that him... the "Fuel" wannabe!

atari2600 05-26-04 12:10 AM

Originally posted by Chew
I'll add to that a bit: TVGuide had a blurb in their new issue saying the producers tell the audience the singers are "special" kids (like with terminal cancer or something) so they don't boo.
LMAO! CLASSIC!!!

atari2600 05-26-04 12:11 AM

its their fault for being so bad at singing yet being so dumb to not realize they suck.

the_dude8 05-26-04 01:54 AM

jamie tonite was hot.
she looks like a young anna nicole smith.

the_dude8 05-26-04 02:03 AM

jamie was smoking hot tonite and was well stack comment by briggs was hilarious.

did u notice in the audience during the preview, it has the black guy from big brother 4 i think.

xx2000xx 05-26-04 05:56 AM

Originally posted by the_dude8
jamie was smoking hot tonite and was well stack comment by briggs was hilarious.

did u notice in the audience during the preview, it has the black guy from big brother 4 i think.

Yeah, i could have swore that was Marcellus from BB3.

j123vt_99 05-26-04 08:00 AM

what was briggs line about mario and having the most fun since he was clean and sober... good stuff.. and the 3 guys out of the 4 that got booted had tons of potential

atlantamoi 05-26-04 08:20 AM

I'm loving this show. It's brings on the amazed and astonished factor in high doses. And funny as hell. But I don't understand why they sent Ross and that high heel-wearing dude home.

As for being cruel. It is. But at the same time all these people need a SERIOUS wake-up call.

fujishig 05-26-04 12:21 PM

I haven't watched all of last night's show, and I missed Monday's. Are the contestants totally isolated from each other, or just when they're "performing"? Because I can see them practicing with each other, and realizing the joke...

The comments are funny, but I have the feeling a lot of it isn't on the spot, but edited in later. It's easier to think of funny things to say when you can sit back and watch the performances again, then tape the judges "reactions". Because some of the stuff is SO sarcastic, you'd think one of these guys would realize the truth...

so it's only on for around 3-5 more eps? Since they eliminated four in one go last night, right?

the aftermath 05-26-04 05:59 PM

Yo, yo, ask somebody. Yeah. Go ahead. Ask someone.

"It's a hard song. It's hard, isn't it Briggs?"
"Oh yeah ... it's hard." rotfl

"Macfayden ... GONE!" rotfl

das

Easily the funniest lines of the night. :up:

The "McFayden Gone" line had me laughing so hard.

Funniest show I've seen in a long time.

movieking 05-28-04 05:46 PM

Is it just me, or is Jojo the living incarnation of Big Gay Al?

I was dissapointed the "fire.....fire!" guy didn't make it through to the top 12.

Why was Frank tossed? He was easily worse than two or three of the ones that they kept. He scared me a little.

I love Vitamin C. She fills me with joy juice.

Way too many previews. I basically knew the top 12 before any of them were announced based on all the previews throughout the show.

I hate myself for loving this show.

B.A. 05-28-04 06:03 PM

Originally posted by movieking
Why was Frank tossed? He was easily worse than two or three of the ones that they kept. He scared me a little.
He scares me, too.

moocher 05-28-04 06:18 PM

Will they be repeating any of the episodes again? I've missed some of these and the one I saw was sidesplittingly funny.

Thisshow is the very definition of a "guilty pleasure". Never have I felt so guilty for loving a show. I was flipping around in a hotel and landed on this never intending to watch it all the way through but just could not stop.

Too bad this is a one time gig. Those judges beat R, P, and S hands down.