Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, I only saw bits and pieces but lemme get this straight:

Spoiler:

Chloe's dead
Jonathan Kent is unconscious in the cave, possibly dead
Lex is writhing on the floor poisoned
Lana left for Paris; and
Clark is stuck in what I think is the Phantom Zone

Damn. They sure know how to stir it up don't they?
Old 05-19-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those who saw this on a regular TV

I noticed in the previews for this episode, I always saw Lex fall full body into the glass, and you could see his full body fall. In tonight's episode, his head was cut off on the edge of the TV as he fell. I guess that was because the show is shot in widescreen and aired cropped.

Damn pan and scan messing with my TV enjoyment as well!
Old 05-19-04, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed last week's episode -- what happened to Pete?

This was great way to end the season. and looking forward to next season. I thought, Clark was going to reveal his secret to Lana before her departure to Paris.

I am quiet surprised of the deal of Jonthan Kent had w/Jor-El. I thought, it was his health instead.

I'm interested in seeing where Clark/Lex relationship goes from here on since Clark ended their friendship.

Bruce Wayne is bound to show up...

~bruce
Old 05-19-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts
Originally posted by Kal-El
Ok, I only saw bits and pieces but lemme get this straight:

Spoiler:

Chloe's dead
Jonathan Kent is unconscious in the cave, possibly dead
Lex is writhing on the floor poisoned
Lana left for Paris; and
Clark is stuck in what I think is the Phantom Zone

Damn. They sure know how to stir it up don't they?
Yup, on all counts.
Spoiler:
Though that last part with Clark really does make the casting of Terence Stamp as the voice of Jor-El all the more amusing. I wish they could get Marlon Brando to appear as Zod just to really confuse the fans of the movie.
Old 05-20-04, 12:12 AM

I had my eyes off the tv for a moment and caught the part where Lex fell on the glass table after drinking some poison. Who poisoned him?

I missed the previous episodes, but I'm assuming that Chole and her dad somehow landed Lionel in jail and he got his revenge by blowing them up?
Old 05-20-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Fooman
I had my eyes off the tv for a moment and caught the part where Lex fell on the glass table after drinking some poison. Who poisoned him?

I missed the previous episodes, but I'm assuming that Chole and her dad somehow landed Lionel in jail and he got his revenge by blowing them up?
Spoiler:
I don't believe they specifically show who slipped him the poison but the intercutting in that scene was meant to let you know Lionel orchestrated Chloe's death and Lex being poisoned.

As for Chloe and her dad, the answer is yes and no.
Spoiler:
Chloe got Lex the evidence he needed but Lionel blew her up for specifically challenging him as a witness against him. Had she stayed anonymous maybe Lionel might have let her live and lorded her "transgression" over her head for future use. She simply became too much of a liability and that outweighed her usefulness to Lionel and lead to her being part of his homage to the Corleone family.
Old 05-20-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Bruce_S
I missed last week's episode -- what happened to Pete?
Pete's family was going through some turmoil, namely, a divorce. But there was a bigger reasoning for him to leave Smallville (and I'm not referring to that he was written off the show per se) to live with his mother. Since he knows Clark's secret, and Lionel is taking whatever measures necessary to find out the information, Pete realizes he has put not just his own safety at risk, but Clark and everyone he cares for as well. Pete was on the receiving end of much bodily harm from an agent hired by Lionel. Lex was able to turn the tables on his father by getting the agent to work for him instead. (Remember, Lex is trying to get the evidence needed to put his father away for his parents' murder.)

This epsiode also featured Clark planning to tell Lana everything, but because she got sidetracked (i.e, kidnapped by a returning FWOW), she missed her date with Clark. At the end of that episode, when she meets up with Clark again, he realizes he cannot tell her anything because of what had happened to Pete. All he can muster is wishing her well in Paris.
Old 05-20-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, we don't know that Chloe is dead (ignoring spoilers here since we're on the 3rd page and there area already spoilers throughout) since she's reportedly going to be in the next season.
Old 05-20-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
well, read my speculative spoiler about that..

I really don't think they'll be able to explain that away...that was a pretty massive blast.

then again, this is Smallville...perhaps the explosion shot her skyward and she landed in Lana's plane as it was flying to France...
Old 05-20-04, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, since Perry White is returning (though apparently not as a regular as many had hoped) she could easily guest star in future episodes in flashback scenes detailing the work she was doing for the Daily Planet.
Old 05-20-04, 01:33 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sounds like I'm the only one largely unimpressed with the finale.

For one thing we had yet another 'freak-of-the-week.' More of the same in the Clark/Lana relationship, now with even more jealousies and misunderstandings.

The final sequence was actually starting to look pretty impressive except - are all those things really caused by Lionel? Even the flames in the Kent farm?

Yes, a lot of things happenned but aren't they supposed to, in a cliff-hanger. You know like 3/4 of those things will be reversed next season. Lana will be back in Smallville. Lex is not dead. Clark decides to be human rather than pursue his Kryptonian heritage. Chloe/Pete: who cares really?
Old 05-20-04, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow great episode, going to be interesting to see who "stays dead" next season.
Old 05-20-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
What a great finale. Holy cliffhangers, Batman!

One question:
What was the significance of the fire on the field of the Kent farm?
Old 05-20-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
What a great finale. Holy cliffhangers, Batman!

One question:
What was the significance of the fire on the field of the Kent farm?
To me, it looked like an arrow
Old 05-20-04, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by RocShemp
Assuming they don't cop out during the next season opener (I'm scared that they will, though I hope not), this is how I saw the final moments:

Chloe is obviously dead. Lois will take up her job at the Daily Planet to find out who had her cousin killed.
But isn't it obvious who killed Chloe? It doesn't take an investigative reporter to figure out Luthor is responsible! Because of this I'm thinking this is where Chloe becomes Lois. At least I hope!
Old 05-20-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
I had a recording conflict last night and missed the episode! Any chance the WB will reair it before the end of summer?
Old 05-20-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this was a pretty good finale, especially with the mediocre episodes of midseason. Once Chloe walked into the house I looked at my roommate and said BOOM...it was pretty obvious what would happen. I'm sure she will be back next season, but maybe not as herself.
Old 05-20-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I highly doubt Chloe is dead because her character is too important. Her journalistic skills have played a significant part in the series thus far, and it will eventually be her undoing -- but not in the way some have speculated for the season finale. And I doubt the writers would do something that drastic as having Chloe changing her identity to become Lois (what, is Allison Mack supposed to play a brunette version of the same character?). With all the connections the Luthors have, this masquerade could be easily uncovered in no time. And even if Chloe was killed and Lois took her place, she is a neophyte in investigative reporting, if she even has those skills at this point in time.
Old 05-20-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The fire was a Kryptonian symbol. It wasn't caused directly by Lionel but rather by the events he set in motion. He's Kal-El's negative now (I forget what the cave walls called him). Apparently Clark's arch nemesis as far as this show is concerned is not Lex but Lionel. Makes sense because, though Lex definitely has a dark streak, he isn't arch villain material. Maybe major villain but not an arch villain. Lionel has that role. That's why I believe the head shaving was to let us know he's the real Lex Luthor. Not literally of course but symbolically. He's the villain we expected Lex to become and, if my aforementioned guess is correct, that's what he'll make of Lex. He couldn't make his son be him so he fashioned himself into the heir he always wanted. And I'm sure his disease has long been cured. Remember, Dr. Swan has yet to show up and I think he helped Lionel out in big way before the Key came into his possesion.
Old 05-20-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For all we know, Chloe could have gone into witness protection, and a change in hair color isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Old 05-20-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Eplicon
And I doubt the writers would do something that drastic as having Chloe changing her identity to become Lois (what, is Allison Mack supposed to play a brunette version of the same character?).
As I said HERE

Spoiler:

Allison has been seen sporting a new hair color. Since i'm sure Smallville hasn't begun filming yet, it could be for filming a flick.
But it might also be a way for the writers to keep her on...
Old 05-20-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Hello, I'm Lois Lane. Chloe Sullivan was my cousin. Yes, we always did look a lot alike. People always said we could have been twins."

I hope the writers don't pull a stunt like that. But this is Smallville after all....
Old 05-20-04, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by Patman
I don't think Chloe's dead, but everyone will think she is, and perhaps this is how her "Lois Lane" identity/career gets started...
Well maybe the feds setup the "fake" death just like in the Arnold movie "Eraser." They get new lives and Chloe turns into "Lois Lane" and writes for the Daily in New York and when Clark goes to work for them he runs into her.
Old 05-20-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved this season's cliffhanger.

I do not think it is Jor-El taking to everyone, how about it being Brainiac.
Old 05-20-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kenage
Well maybe the feds setup the "fake" death just like in the Arnold movie "Eraser." They get new lives and Chloe turns into "Lois Lane" and writes for the Daily in New York and when Clark goes to work for them he runs into her.
She sure acts like LL.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.