"The Shield" 5/11 What Power Is

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 06:23 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Shield" 5/11 What Power Is

What Power Is

Aceveda finds himself in a near fatal confrontation, and enlists Vic to help him take down the suspects in order to help service his own personal agenda. Meanwhile after losing her position of power, Claudette rejoins Dutch on the search for the cuddler rapist as they get a stunning break in the case.
Old 05-11-04, 10:05 PM

Great episode, I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

After seeing Rebecca Pidgeon and Clark Gregg in the opening credits I thought the episode would be written or directed by David Mamet, then after watching the preview for next week (not a spoiler) I hear the voice over "David Mamet directs..." My favorite tv show, my favorite director, I'm a happy puppy.
Old 05-11-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
good ep. glad Cleetus fessed up. sounds like his gf has some major hidden baggage
Old 05-11-04, 10:52 PM

Great episode as always. I liked how the Aceveda plot-line resolved. He was one stone-cold mofo to that guy in the interrogation room.

I didn't think Shane's women problems could get any worse but then we meet "mommy dearest." I'm glad he finally confessed about the money to the rest of the strike team.

I remember hearing on one of the documentaries for the 2nd dvd boxset Shawn Ryan saying that in season 2, the biggest threat to the Strike Team was from without, and in season 3, the biggest threat was going to be from within. Tensions are high and by shutting Shane out of the new location, animosity is only going to grow on all sides.

Season 3 continues to rock!
Old 05-11-04, 11:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"Suck my ****......again"

Glad they wrapped up the Acevada story for now and found the rapist.
Old 05-11-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The best moment was when Shane told the team he knew who took the money and they all stood up and took a couple of steps toward him. Someone, somewhere, was about to get an ass kicking of a lifetime.

D
Old 05-12-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
So no one else had part of the last scene cut into by a motherf'in bowflex commercial? It got cut out when Dutch was yanking the guy out of the house, and came back in the middle of the girlfriend saying the mom got a call from the treasury department. Oh well, already set the tivo to tape the next time it airs, but I was VERY annoyed when that happened.

Good episode, and I'm surprised Aceveda didn't kill the guy.
Old 05-12-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yup, overall a good conclusion to Acevada's shame/storyline. He appears to have gotten his balls back.

And I wasn't as annoyed by Rebecca Pidgeon as I usually am, then again, she wasn't repeating every line of dialogue like she does when she's in one of her husband's films.
Old 05-12-04, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
So no one else had part of the last scene cut into by a motherf'in bowflex commercial? It got cut out when Dutch was yanking the guy out of the house, and came back in the middle of the girlfriend saying the mom got a call from the treasury department. Oh well, already set the tivo to tape the next time it airs, but I was VERY annoyed when that happened.

Good episode, and I'm surprised Aceveda didn't kill the guy.
I got that Bowflex thing too.

I liked when Acaveda was talking to the bj guy about his family and his habits. That was awesome.
Old 05-12-04, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Overall, a good episode, but I liked the last few better. Probably because I'm a huge Vic fan and Vic took a backseat this week. But it definitely held my attention.

Anybody notice how Julian and Danny (especially) have taken a backseat this whole season? I mean, I'm sure you've noticed, but now they'll give Danny something like one line of dialogue an episode. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. There are plenty of hot storylines in The Shield, and only about 45 minutes of screen time to present them in. I'm glad we don't have too many plots to drag us down (*cough24cough*).
Old 05-12-04, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God damn bowflex!!!!

That preview for their new drama "Rescue Me" with Denis Leary looks pretty cool, have to check that one out.
Old 05-12-04, 06:56 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I guess FX got tired of timeshifters, so they through that boxflex ad in for us.

Next week will be interesting. How will Mamet cope with directing a script where the F-word isn't allowed?
Old 05-12-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad that Shane had the courage to tell the entire strike team who took the money. Really glad that when the money was moved that Shane has been left out of the loop.

Did they ever say what the total haul from the money train was?

Will the marked money come from Shane's cut?

Looking forward to the rest of this season. Thought this season started out slowly, but has been building a solid story arc from the beginning.

Best cop show on the air.
Old 05-12-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Another good one. Acevada's reasoning as to why the rapist wouldn't have told anyone (because then the cops would raid his boss' operations and the boss would blame him) seemed really weak.
Old 05-12-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Basically Acevada was telling the guy that if he blabbed, he was as good as dead.
Old 05-12-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
If Benito Martinez does not win the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a drama this season, something is seriously wrong with the voters.
Old 05-12-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Very good episode.

I wonder if Aceveda's whole experience and his willingness to "go that extra mile" will soften him in his approach towards Vic, who likewise is willing to do certain things outside the normal protocol when it suits his purposes...
Old 05-12-04, 09:42 AM
Cool New Member

Does anyone else see the problem that will be created by the Strike team planting the bag of marked money? The feds will trace the money back to the guy who found it. That guy will tell the feds he found the money in a bag in a parking lot. The feds will figure out the money the guy has only consists of marked bills and will likely buy his story because they will figure out that there list of marked bills has been compromised. That will result in the feds investigating how the list was compromised and the Strike team's problems with the feds start up again.

Why wouldn't they have just destroyed the marked money as soon as they had the list of marked bills? That way the money that Shane's GF stole would not have included any of the marked bills and they wouldn't be in this position.
Old 05-12-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally posted by Kerry R
Does anyone else see the problem that will be created by the Strike team planting the bag of marked money? The feds will trace the money back to the guy who found it. That guy will tell the feds he found the money in a bag in a parking lot. The feds will figure out the money the guy has only consists of marked bills and will likely buy his story because they will figure out that there list of marked bills has been compromised. That will result in the feds investigating how the list was compromised and the Strike team's problems with the feds start up again.

Why wouldn't they have just destroyed the marked money as soon as they had the list of marked bills? That way the money that Shane's GF stole would not have included any of the marked bills and they wouldn't be in this position.

I was under the impression that Shane's GF took the money before they had the list.
Old 05-12-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by Kerry R

You have missed some vital plot points and I think you have the timeline wrong.

1 - the heat is on about the marked bills. They needed to deflect the heat, they couldn't bury it

2 - the $$ was given to her mother BEFORE they had the list, so that isn't even possible

3 - there is no way the FBI believes such a story from a convicted felon.
Old 05-12-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
My favorite episode of the season so far. The last few episodes (starting with Aceveda's rape) have been stellar. I'm glad they were ending the cuddler storyline (although the previews suggest otherwise).

The theme of this episode is definitely the title, without a doubt.
Old 05-12-04, 10:11 AM

I'm glad that Shane fessed up on who took the money and that Vic took the news well as he could under the circumstances I'm sure that Shane's mother-in-law might be trouble did anyone catch what Vic said about her being "poison?" And as for Aceveda I'm glad he got his balls back and made his rapist cringe in the interrogation room Aceveda sure did his homework on that guy.
Old 05-12-04, 10:14 AM
Cool New Member

3 - there is no way the FBI believes such a story from a convicted felon.
I would think that if the feds trace the money back to the felon prior to him spending all of the money and recover the remainder of the money that they would put more credence to his story when they find out that he has only marked bills. I would think they they would find it very coincidental that there are no unmarked bills mixed in with the money he has.

I don't think this move solves the Strike team's problems.
Old 05-12-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Well, we don't know they gave him all the marked bills. Also, when the convict gets popped for spending the money, no law enforcement officer would believe that he just found it on the street.
Old 05-12-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW, FINALLY LEM GETS TO DO SOMETHING BESIDES ACT LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD AND CARRY A SHOTGUN!

Loved his face-to-face with Cletus! First time in a long time that you got the impression that he's not to be f* *ked with.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.