CBS "announces/leaks" show for Fall 2004 - CSI:NY

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CBS "announces/leaks" show for Fall 2004 - CSI:NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-04, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the ultimate crossover: "CSI - Springfield". Animated CSI set in an unknown state in the town of Springfield. I too agree that New York is a bit over-played on television, but if they play their cards right, I think this could be different than all the other NY based shows. I'll be really interested in how this gets cast.
Old 01-16-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
I mainly watch Miami only because David Caruso is such a laughingly bad actor and he delivers his lines with such grandiose drama, that the show has become an unintentional comedy. Besides him, I don't think the rest of the cast is that bad, other than the coroner who always lovingly coos to her autopsy patients: "Baby, you didn't mean to get shot, did you?"
You're right about the coroner. In real life that creepy behavior would get her fired in two days. It's a shame since Kandi Alexander has done such good work before on Newsradio and ER, among others.
I don't think the rest of the cast is bad, per se, just uninteresting. The two young guys are so bland that they're interchangable. Emily Proctor is nice eye candy, but again she doesn't have much to do besides let us know how much she loves guns and ballistics. I think David Caruso is fine. Yes, he's heavy into melodrama, but at least he makes some interesting choices and delivers lines in a unique way. It's a shame that Kim Delaney was so lost on this show; she's a good actress and deserved better.
Old 01-16-04, 04:50 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
I don't think the rest of the cast is bad, per se, just uninteresting. The two young guys are so bland that they're interchangable. Emily Proctor is nice eye candy, but again she doesn't have much to do besides let us know how much she loves guns and ballistics. I think David Caruso is fine. Yes, he's heavy into melodrama, but at least he makes some interesting choices and delivers lines in a unique way. It's a shame that Kim Delaney was so lost on this show; she's a good actress and deserved better.
Speedle - I like how he's so 'ho-hum', seems to me like he's sedated all day. Keeps him from going off on person vendettas.

Delco - We all know why he's there... so we won't bring it up.

Calleigh - Babes and bullets. 'nuff said. I'll take Emily Proctor over Elizabeth Rohm anyday...

Alexx - Strange lady... she's the perfect ME for this show... just like the over-the-top ME on CSI (Dr. Robbins) is a good counter for the folks there.

H - What more can I say... he's David Caruso.

Maybe CSI: NY will have Jimmy Smits or Kim Delaney at the helm. Better yet, Parker Stevenson has nothing to do.
Old 01-16-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
CSI Mayberry
CSI Sunnydale
Old 01-17-04, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Patman
I'm still holding out hope for CSI: Fargo.
YAH!
Old 01-18-04, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why dont they do "CSI: Philadelphia"?....oh wait, they already did: "Cold Case".
Old 01-18-04, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by ENDContra
Why dont they do "CSI: Philadelphia"?....oh wait, they already did: "Cold Case".
Please don't insult Cold Case like that
Old 01-18-04, 08:32 PM

CSI: Wisconsin ... Now super-kung-fu Will Tippin can have his own show
Old 01-18-04, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
I was hoping for CSI: Twin Peaks.

ANOTHER cop show in NY? Seriously speaking, I was really hoping for Seattle or New Orleans.
Guess they were considering New Orleans-
"Serious consideration for a third CSI show began in November of last year. At the time, Moonves announced that four cities were being considered. Later on down the line, two front runners emerged: New York and New Orleans."

New Orleans would have been awesome with all of the crimes that could be committed during Mardi Gras.
Old 01-19-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What would you do for the rest of the year of episodes? There's only so many "Girls Gone Wild - CSI" shows you could do, right? And CSI: Miami has already done one of those shows anyway.
Old 01-19-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Spanky BananaPants
No...I got it. CSI: Butte!
They would all have to be alcohol related crimes.
Old 01-19-04, 05:56 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I must say, I'm kinda surprised about this. I thought they were milking the franchise enough with one spin-off, let alone two.
Old 01-19-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It hasn't stopped NBC from milking their Law & Order franchises.
Old 01-19-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
CBS CONFIRMS CSI: NEW YORK
-
As rumored, CBS on Saturday announced that there will indeed by third CSI, CSI: NEW YORK.

Just as CSI: MIAMI was spun-off of an episode of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CSI: NEW YORK will spin-off of an episode of CSI: MIAMI that will air in May.

CBS honcho Les Moonves says that although there are many crime shows set in New York, it was the leader. "We talked about New Orleans, we talked about San Francisco, we talked about Chicago ... but New York became the front-runner fairly early,"
Moonves said.

The Eye isn't sure yet where the show will be filmed. Currently the original and MIAMI are filmed in Los Angeles. However, according to Moonves, New York City officials are "bending over backward" to get the show to film there.