Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

FX Sets Return Dates for The Shield (March) and Nip/Tuck (June)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-12-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

FX Sets Return Dates For 'Shield,' 'Nip/Tuck'
(Friday, January 09 01:39 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Two of the jewels in FX's drama development crown have set premiere dates for their upcoming new episodes. The cable network has scheduled the Emmy and Gold Globe winning drama "The Shield" for a mid-spring launch, while Golden Globe nominee "Nip/Tuck" will be back in the early summer.

The 2003 Golden Globe winner for best drama, "The Shield" began production on its third season in September 2003 and the first of 15 new episodes will air on Tuesday, March 9 at 10 p.m. ET.

Most of the creative team and cast are returning for the new season, which features two more episodes than either of the previous years.

"Seven episodes from the upcoming season are complete and, from what we've seen so far, fans of 'The Shield' have a lot to look forward to come March," says Peter Liguori, FX's president and chief executive officer. "As usual, Shawn Ryan and his writing team have put together compelling storylines and Michael Chiklis, CCH Pounder and the entire cast once again are delivering great performances."

Other returning stars include Benito Martinez, Walton Goggins, Jay Karnes, Catherine Dent, Michael Jace and Kenneth Johnson.

When "The Shield" completes its run, FX will be ready to bring back the controversial and acclaimed "Nip/Tuck," which is nominated for the outstanding drama series Golden Globe. After a 13-episode first season, the dramedy will be bumped up to 16 in its second year. The fun will begin on Tuesday, June 22 at 10 p.m. ET.

In addition to the Golden Globe nod for the series, Joely Richardson picked up a nomination for best actress in a drama series. Richardson and stars Dylan Walsh and Julian McMahon will return to what was basic cable's most-watched new series of 2003.

They still have all the S2 repeats to show, so I wonder how they will squeeze them in on time. I hope I'll be able to catch them all as I am playing catch-up.

I certainly hope they do encore showings because Tuesday at 10 is not a good timeslot for me.
Old 01-12-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June for Nip/Tuck?

Damn. Hopefully they'll be having some marathons from now 'til then..
Old 01-12-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No kidding, I didn't think all of Season 1 of The Shield had been shown yet (that's the only way I've been catching up with this show, too cheap to buy the DVD sets), so I hope they do show Season 2, even in a marathon session, else, I'm gonna be irked.
Old 01-12-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Patman
No kidding, I didn't think all of Season 1 of The Shield had been shown yet (that's the only way I've been catching up with this show, too cheap to buy the DVD sets), so I hope they do show Season 2, even in a marathon session, else, I'm gonna be irked.

Same here.
Old 01-12-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just like before, the week prior to the premiere of Season 3 they will run Season 2 (2 episodes per night).

Staggered premieres because they have one another's time slots.

And to those that might be "irked", buy the damn sets. Hell rent them at BB, HWV, or even Netflix.
Old 01-12-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by retihsuhnt

And to those that might be "irked", buy the damn sets. Hell rent them at BB, HWV, or even Netflix.
I pay $90/ month for cable. I don't think it is too much to ask that they re-run S2 as they have promised.
Old 01-12-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I actually bought season 2, but have not purchased season 1. I figured I would finish watching it on tv, then just go straight to the boxset.
Old 01-12-04, 01:56 PM

15 new episodes! Wooo!
Old 01-12-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
I pay $90/ month for cable. I don't think it is too much to ask that they re-run S2 as they have promised.
Okay granted, since they have advertised that they are showing both then yes, both will be shown.

But my comment were for those that I guess havent watched any episodes before or even watched FX. They have ALWAYS replayed the seasons in their entirety prior to the premiere of the newest season, hell during the first season they re-aired everything prior to the finale.

But I am sorry, $90 for cable is a bit much. Hell 105 channels cost $39.95 with any of the dishes. Or Comcast runs what $70 a month with their most expensive digital package.
Old 01-12-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay granted, since they have advertised that they are showing both then yes, both will be shown.

But my comment were for those that I guess havent watched any episodes before or even watched FX. They have ALWAYS replayed the seasons in their entirety prior to the premiere of the newest season, hell during the first season they re-aired everything prior to the finale.

But I am sorry, $90 for cable is a bit much. Hell 105 channels cost $39.95 with any of the dishes. Or Comcast runs what $70 a month with their most expensive digital package.

I have the Comcast Digital Gold Package (not even the highest) - it is $87/month here (Northern VA). Believe me, I know all about the dishes - I am directionally challenged in that dept.
Old 01-12-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Pehaps none of this technology is available in Location Location..?
Old 01-23-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk God

I watched the S1 finale of The Shield last night, and all I can say is WOW!
Old 01-23-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was that the S1 finale? Wow again! I enjoyed it very much. Bring on S2!
Old 01-23-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe that once we get down to six episodes, they will show an episode a night leading up to the season 3 primiere. hold up, red dog, since you watched it "last night", thursday, you tivo'ed it right? or did they move it to thursdays as well.
Old 01-23-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched all of season 2. The first half of season 2 is remarkably tense, and there is one in scene in particular that is particularly disturbing that I won't spoil. Whenever I think of that scene it actually bothers me. I am interested in where they will go in season 3. I can't wait for this to start. Thank god for this forum, Tivo, and tv on DVD or I would have missed out on so many great shows.
Old 01-24-04, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm kinda glad Nip/Tuck is starting up again in June. Gives me something to watch during the dry summer months. It was my favorite show of last year next to 24. I do hope they lose the transgender character for the new season though. An episode was fine but when he/she started reappearing it became kind of a drag.
Old 01-24-04, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

is it the scene where
Spoiler:
Mackey puts the guys head on the stove and burns him
Old 01-24-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
is it the scene where
Spoiler:
Yes, that is definitely the scene.
Old 01-25-04, 08:00 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: FX Sets Return Dates for The Shield (March) and Nip/Tuck (June)

They still have all the S2 repeats to show, so I wonder how they will squeeze them in on time.
I've been wondering the same thing. They must plan on having a mini-marathon of sorts.
Old 02-11-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Rypro 525
is it the scene where
Spoiler:

Oh man. Watched that episode for the 1st time last night - that was perhaps the most gruesome thing I have ever seen on non-pay cable television.
Old 02-11-04, 02:57 PM

Oh man. Watched that episode for the 1st time last night - that was perhaps the most gruesome thing I have ever seen on non-pay cable television.
Check out our reactions when it was first broadcast:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=263928

You'll see a lot of agreement.
Old 02-11-04, 02:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by TK-421
Check out our reactions when it was first broadcast:
I guess we were all speechless?
Old 02-12-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Im also shocked that they let
Spoiler:
shane nearly rape a woman to get information out of her
Old 02-24-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Just an FYI, but F/X will be running off the remaining 5-6 episodes of Season 2, one a night, starting next week. Times seemed to be vary, but usually 10 PM CST.
Old 02-24-04, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Here is the schedule (spoilered for those who do not wish to see the episode descriptions) djbrown alluded to. Note that the times are not exactly consistent.

Spoiler:

Greenlit
Tuesday, Feb 24 - 10:00 PM e/p
David works with Vic and the Strike Team to take down a dealer giving heroin to school kids, while Dutch and Claudette help a woman find her Alzheimer addled mother.

Greenlit (rebroadcast)
Sunday, Feb 29 - 11:00 PM e/p
David works with Vic and the Strike Team to take down a dealer giving heroin to school kids, while Dutch and Claudette help a woman find her Alzheimer addled mother.

Homewrecker
Tuesday, Mar 02 - 10:00 PM e/p
When Dutch, Claudette and Vic work together to find the person behind a massacre at a woman's shelter, Claudette finds herself the odd man out when Dutch sides with Vic on how to handle the situation.

Barnstormers
Wednesday, Mar 03 - 11:00 PM e/p
When David tells Dutch that the department is embarassed by how he handled he handled the Bob and Marcy case, Dutch is forced to take any action necessary to prove himself in a new murder case. Meanwhile, Vic and Emma try to help a woman who's in an abusive relationship.

Scar Tissue
Thursday, Mar 04 - 11:00 PM e/p
As Vic and the Strike Team continue their search for Armadillo, Claudette gets uncomfortably close to uncovering some of Vic's secrets by going through Corrine. Dutch takes Danny under his wing to help solve an assault case.

Coyotes
Saturday, Mar 06 - 11:30 PM e/p
Lanie's negative report on the barn is leaked to the press, sending David and Vic running for cover. To make matters worse, Gilroy returns to ask for Vic's help in smuggling him out of the country in order to avoid prison. Claudette faces her own demons as she and Dutch investigate a homicide

Breakpoint
Monday, Mar 08 - 10:00 PM e/p
While the Strike Team puts the finishing touches on the money train take down, Vic goes it alone and works with Dutch and Claudette to find a missing kid. David gets an unwanted visit from the Chief and Julien receives an unpleasant surprise.

Dominoes Falling
Monday, Mar 08 - 11:00 PM e/p
When a gang execution hits close to home for Claudette, Vic, Tavon, and Dutch work together to find the culprit before anyone else gets hurt. Shane, Lem, and Ronnie are forced to choose between hitting the money train without Vic and letting it go. Mean Meanwhile Danny receives some life changing news and Julien's harassment reaches a whole new level.

Unfortunately, acc'd to epguides.com, there seems to be 2 episodes missing from this list provided by F/X: Co-Pilot and Inferno.

Last edited by Red Dog; 02-24-04 at 01:25 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.