Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think it was a rambaldi symbol
Old 12-09-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aktick - He and Jack have the same tattoo. What that means I have no idea yet.
i remember that tatoo having to do with some military group that Jack was part of (they mentioned it a few times last season). So apparantly Jack and Hector fought together at some point.
Awesome episode. Im really hoping the presidents story line fits in to the show somehow cuz its the only boring part right now. good stuff!
Old 12-09-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jack had the tattoo in previous seasons? I guess it's been a while since I watched those, but the first time I remembered noticing the tattoo was on the first episode this season, so I just figured that it had had something to do with his deep cover with the Salazars...
Old 12-09-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i dont remember that tattoo from last season either
Old 12-09-03, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Somebody had a tattoo last season, but I think it was the coral snake thing or somethign like that? and not jack
Old 12-09-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by aktick
Chase.....yikes. He's quite obviously playing the role of "dumb rookie agent." Taking over for Kim, apparently.
I actually think Chase is a lot more like Jack than Kim. Kim was just plain stupid, but Jack is smart and willing to disobey orders and protocol to get the job done. That's just what Chase is trying to do (though of course he has no idea now about Jack/Gael)...

GREAT GREAT episode. Such an excellent twist--24's definitely back in top form. Not much time spent on Palmer which is fine by me, and those episodes that lulled us into thinking we'd seen it all only made tonight's episode that much better...
Old 12-09-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by aktick
Somebody had a tattoo last season, but I think it was the coral snake thing or somethign like that? and not jack

Not sure if I need spoilers to discuss last season, but...
Spoiler:

Yeah the Coral Snake tattoo was on the members of that paramilitary group that shot down the plane last year. The tattoo now on Jack and Hector looks different.

Incredible episode, definitely the best of the season. I think the show looks like it is about to pick up serious steam.
Old 12-09-03, 09:46 PM

I missed the second half of tonights. Could anyone please give a synopsis?
Old 12-09-03, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ummm, a lot, hehe. I'll see if anybody else wants to give an overview first, I'm quite poor at it. Otherwise I'll scribble some stuff down.
Old 12-09-03, 09:55 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Kudos to those that figured out that "El Gay" wasn't really a mole. My hats off to you.
Old 12-09-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy shit!! This episode rocked! It always takes 24 a few episodes to get really interesting..I think it just hit that point. I started to get the feeling that there was something huge going on...
Old 12-09-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very cool episode, glad to see Tony back. I didn't think they'd keep him away for too long. For a split second I thought maybe Tony was with Gael as a "mole".

I really like the Chloe character, she cracks me up. As my wife put it, she's "extremely socially awkward" and I have to beleive the actress is portraying that as a character and not bad acting.

I'm guessing the Palmer stuff will tie in at some point. Right now, its simply a break from the action.

I'm still curious what the hell is going on with the virus. Is it all taken care of or is there something bigger/more secretive going on?
Old 12-09-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That was unbelievable. Did anyone even remotely predict that?

Even I was starting to find 24 really lagging behind and becoming a replica of former seasons. Wow.

Great stuff.
Old 12-09-03, 10:16 PM

The tattoo Jack has now was not in the last season of 24. I remember reading somewhere this past summer that Kiefer would have a tattoo throughout the third season of 24 so instead of drawing it on everyday, he decided to actually get a real one.
Old 12-09-03, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Kudos to those that figured out that "El Gay" wasn't really a mole. My hats off to you.
Thanks. I believe it was bralph and myself that first thought of that possibility

Here are the quotes from this thread:

Originally posted by Vonner
I do think that Gael (the mole in CTU), if he is a mole
Originally posted by bralph
Everyone sure is quick to yell "Mole!". How can we be sure he isn't a CTU agent who gained Hector's trust?
I think it would be cool if Gael is in-fact a CTU agent, or a deep cover agent from some other government organization. The problem is, if that's true then why isn't he sharing any information with the rest of CTU? He knows about Kyle Singer, and it's possible that he might know the where abouts of Hector Salazar. Those are two things that the other CTU empolyees were trying to figure out in the first two episodes.

I'm not putting it past the folks at '24' to come up with some valid reasons why Gael is not sharing info while being on the same side as CTU, but right now there are a lot of holes to that theory.
I guess we got a few explanations tonight to the points I raised above. He did know the where abouts of Hector Salazar. He was working with Tony and Jack. Now we just need to know WHY??

And now for my next trick...how about this.

I think Sherry Palmer was behind the plan for Dr. Packards Ex (his name escapes me) to implicate Anne in the scandel that hurt President Palmer. I also thinkk Sherry will show up during the meeting that Anne is going to with her Ex. Time will tell.

tick, tock, tick, tock.

Last edited by Vonner; 12-09-03 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-09-03, 10:30 PM

I think Sherry Palmer was behind the plan for Dr. Packards Ex (his name escapes me) to implicate Anne in the scandel that hurt President Palmer. I also thinkk Sherry will show up during the meeting that Anne is going to with her Ex. Time will tell.

tick, tock, tick, tock.
Spoiler:
I read where she has signed on to be in a few episodes after the New Year so we haven't seen the last of her!
Old 12-09-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by PribbleDVD
The tattoo Jack has now was not in the last season of 24. I remember reading somewhere this past summer that Kiefer would have a tattoo throughout the third season of 24 so instead of drawing it on everyday, he decided to actually get a real one.
Wow, Kiefer sure is hardcore!
Old 12-09-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess Jack didnt have a tatoo last season, i could swear i remember something with a tatoo though. Some guy had a tatoo that Jack recognized as being related with some military group or something like that. I thought jack had the same tatoo. Anyone remember what that was about?
Anyone think Nina will be in this season at some point?
Old 12-09-03, 10:40 PM

The tatoo as people mentioned was from the coral snakes, Jack was being recruited to be in the unit but chose not(I believe).
Old 12-09-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Awesome episode. Best. Episode. This year.
Spoiler:
The second Tony started freakin out in the hospital I knew Gael was a double agent but I never would have thought he was in cahoots with Jack.

The tatoo was not on his arm in season two. First time it was seen was in the first episode of this season. Achtung was right about the tatoo from last season. My Question is if
Spoiler:
there's is a link between Hector's girl and Jack since she asked why he needed so many men to go to the airstrip and since she is whispering thoughts of taking control in Hector's ear (even though I think he will die eventually)
Old 12-09-03, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by firteen88
Anyone think Nina will be in this season at some point?
I do. There are still some unresolved issues from season two with Nina and Jack. Namely what in the hell did Jack wisper in her ear?

I wouldn't put it past Nina to be behind this whole thing.
Old 12-09-03, 10:51 PM

All right, I admit: tonight's seventh episode, "7:00PM - 8:00PM" was awesome. I'm now officially a huge 24 fan again. I have been watching since the pilot episode, and I've never missed an hour of 24. And for the first time, I can't wait to see what happens next in season 3. Only 24 could pull such a complete and unforseen turnaround in quality and suspense from the previous string of mediocre episodes. I was almost ready to stop watching, since I don't waste my time watching even decent programming on television: I watch *great* shows only. And 24 is now a *great* show again. I still maintain that episodes 2-6 sucked in comparison to any other ep of 24, and that the season premiere was quite solid and enjoyable, but this ep is the best so far of the season.

I was finally able to experience an "edge-of-your-seat" moment in the final minutes of this ep. No time was wasted with crappy subplots. 24 has basically triple-mind-*****ed me, to the point where I have NO IDEA where this season will go next.

*jabs fist into the air*

YA---HOO!!!

I am very excited. I thought my favorite TV show was gone for good. Instead, it's back up to season 1 and 2 quality. Overall, this ranks amongst 24's best episodes. What a mind job! I am overjoyed to see 24 completely back on track after several lackluster eps.

Spoiler:

Jack Bauer remains the epitome of hard-edged and cool. Although limited in his role during this ep, his takeover of Salazar's private jet was KICK-ASS. Now THIS is the way to bring the show back to life! The final moments I was completely confused, but in a good way. What the hell is Jack up to?

So Kim didn't die. Oh, well, let's hope she will soon. Anyway, this ep was so well-written (by co-creator and the best 24 writer, Robert Cochran, of course!) that I actually don't care!

Ramon Salazar is a great villain, as I mentioned before. This episode only cemented how awesome he is.

President David Palmer's subplot was barely mentioned in this ep, which is a good thing. Looks like there will be some much-needed suspense for his doctor girlfriend next hour, though!

Tony is BACK! He's NOT DEAD! And, he's still the tough, sexy SuperTony that we all have come to love! And he's BACK AT CTU! I don't know how plausible it would be that he's able to walk around after getting out of surgery, even though he made a great recovery, but this ep was so good that I honestly don't care.

Most of all, Ryan Chappelle is the GODFATHER of CTU again! In fact, this could be his greatest episode yet. He's got all the best lines, and it's good to see that someone in CTU can be funny in the absence of George Mason (and boy, was his humor appreciated)! Chappelle's lines were all classic, including the best of them all:

"Chloe? She's a pain in the ass!"

For those who have watched the show this season, you know that this earned its laughs.

Plus, who could forget,

"Talk to me, you SON OF A BITCH!"

The whole "Mole Inside CTU" plot was extremely well-handled, and done in a way that was believable and mind-blowingly surprising at the same time. Well done, Bob Cochran!
Old 12-09-03, 11:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You guys, don't use spoiler tags unless it deals with stuff from upcoming episdoes (including previews).
Old 12-09-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I figure something big HAS to happen with palmer eventually. There's still something wrong with his hand (which was the big ending of season 2 with mandy).
Old 12-09-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Also, hats off to Gael for not breaking his deep cover while being "worked on"!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.