Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 12/9

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
wow, that was ****ing cool. one of the best plot twists in a show in a really long time.
Old 12-10-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to me that episode was the best 24 ep of all time! jack is badder than ever, the characters are awesome...and one hell of a plot twist! good stuff going on...i actually fell asleep last ep and my wife had to tell me what i missed...im wide awake and juiced right now.
Old 12-10-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh ... you guys are pretty forgiving. I'm not trying to threadcrap, but this episode actually bored me so much that I fell asleep and had to rewatch it. I can't remember the last time that's happened to me. 50 minutes of silliness and boredom to set up the plot twist. Welcome back, 24 indeed.

das
Old 12-10-03, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Count me in, also. I've been alternately bored and infuriated by this year, but this makes up for an awful lot. Actually, I was hooked even before the twist.

Sweet baby Jesus did I enjoy seeing Michelle striding purposefully and fearlessly down that corridor, oblivious to having a gun trained on her. Viva badass Michelle!
Old 12-10-03, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by BlackCapTen
I really like the Chloe character, she cracks me up. As my wife put it, she's "extremely socially awkward" and I have to beleive the actress is portraying that as a character and not bad acting.
Chloe=MOLE!
Old 12-10-03, 04:16 AM
Banned

The only thing that bugged me was the timing of when Tony was in the interrogation room and the beeper signal going off. A little too convenient.
Old 12-10-03, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who is the actress that plays Chloe and what else has she been in?
Old 12-10-03, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode...it definitely has the interest peaked going into the next episode.

I have one question though (which may have been discussed in a previous episode thread): Obviously Palmer is not participating in the debate since near the beginning of last weeks episode...so why are there monitors at CTU with Fox News Channel coverage of the debate and Palmer speaking? I realize they may be showing bites from earlier, but it appears as if its going on all damn day.
Old 12-10-03, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by ENDContra
I have one question though (which may have been discussed in a previous episode thread): Obviously Palmer is not participating in the debate since near the beginning of last weeks episode...so why are there monitors at CTU with Fox News Channel coverage of the debate and Palmer speaking? I realize they may be showing bites from earlier, but it appears as if its going on all damn day.
I'm guessing because every newscast in the country is trained on the fact that Palmer left the debate. the news coverage is probably just replaying clips.

Oh 24 is back! Great twist at the end which I totally didn't see coming. The only thing that would have made it better was if Kim died but I guess shooting fellow CTU employees was not in Gael's mission briefing. Now we have to figure out what the matching tatoos is all about. Question, is it possible that Jack's "addiction" is part of the Gael, Tony, Jack undercover plan?

Good work giving Chapel some cool lines. Can't wait to see him rip on Chase when he gets back to CTU.
Old 12-10-03, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone else think that Palmer's brother was just given every line that his wife had in the past.

"Don't shut me out David"

I absolutely can't stand those scene's which is killing this show for me.
Old 12-10-03, 07:04 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Originally posted by Lara Means
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...personid-44329
Old 12-10-03, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by uteotw
Also, hats off to Gael for not breaking his deep cover while being "worked on"!
He was doing some great acting during those scenes. I don't know what they were injecting him with, but the looks on his face sure showed pain!

I don't understand why he couldn't confess to Ryan (unless it's strictly because of dramatic tension on the show).
Old 12-10-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Vonner
Thanks. I believe it was bralph and myself that first thought of that possibility
Old 12-10-03, 07:46 AM

Old 12-10-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means

Little off topic, but for some reason I thought "Chloe" (Mary Lynn Rajskub) played the blind girl in Red Dragon.

Turns out, she played a blind girl in Road Trip.

Upon further research, the girl who actually played the blind girl in Red Dragon (Emily Watson) actually co-starred in a movie with Mary Lynn Rajskub -- Punch Drunk Love.

Glad I got that sorted out.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 12-10-03 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-10-03, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only things that bores me are the Palmer/Anne/Bro scenes.

Enjoyed the new plot direction.

As far as the tattoo goes, I thought since Jack was deep undercover with the Salazars before, the tattoo was something he had to get to signify he was with them for life. Having a tattoo link only Jack and Hector is too obvious as a sign of those two being in cahoots.

Now, here's some stuff that came to mind for me:

A lot had to go right for this plan to work (the plan could have been stopped during the prison break and the Russian Roulette scene). There were too many times that everything fell in place just right for this plan to work (I know, it's "24" right?). So many unmanageable intangibles (like how do you know you can reach Palmer at the drop of a hat if you're Jack).

Also, is Jack still a junkie going through withdrawal? If so, is he nuts to still go through with the deep deep deep undercover ruse that he concocted with Tony and Gael? Or does that help his "cover"?
Old 12-10-03, 08:42 AM

Even after my initial disappointment that Kim survived, I really enjoyed this week's episode.

Pure speculation below:

One thing we can practically count on is that Jack is going to have to take a shot or two at Chase in a few episodes.

I'm taking a guess that Gael is somehow connected to Hector's girlfriend. A brother or something.

How would this be for a great season finale.. It turns out Jack and Hector have joined forces for real, and Jack ends up killing Tony. (followed immediately of course with the commercial about doing drugs is in fact helping the terrorists)
Old 12-10-03, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
Little off topic, but for some reason I thought "Chloe" (Mary Lynn Rajskub) played the blind girl in Red Dragon.

Turns out, she played a blind girl in Road Trip.

Upon further research, the girl who actually played the blind girl in Red Dragon (Emily Watson) actually co-starred in a movie with Mary Lynn Rajskub -- Punch Drunk Love.

Glad I got that sorted out.
Hey, a new game! Six Degrees of Mary Lynn Rajskub!
Old 12-10-03, 09:29 AM

I thought it was a pretty cool twist, but I also am thinking "huh?". As in, why didn't Gaiel tell Chappelle what was going on? I guess to protect Jack's cover. When did this plot hatch? Just in the past few hours? Tony trusts Jack with a habit to go back into cover? What about all the people who have died as part of this plan (the DA, the guard, etc.)? And why wasn't Kyle Singer actually infected?

One way this kind of makes sense is if Jack knew about the plot ahead of time, and either he or Gaiel persuaded Hector not to actually infect Kyle Singer-- that they should make it a bluff, and Jack would free Ramon. If that's the case, there are still plenty of unanswered questions-- like why the heck Jack was so bent out of shape to find Kyle Singer.

Or, maybe Jack approached Gaiel earlier in the day and then they sprouted the plan that quickly-- but it still doesn't explain why Singer wasn't infected. Unless the Salazars realize it could harm even them if released.

The spoilers, unfortunately, gave away too much from next episode-- avoid all ads, if you can. Myself, I am weak.

Spoiler:
It appears that Chase will be taken captive by the Salazars, and of course at some point Jack will have to choose to save Chase or keep his cover.
Old 12-10-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I KNEW I had seen Chloe somewhere before! Every week after the show, I'd try to find out her name in order to see if she was who I thought she was, and YEP she was on Mr. Show. I only remember one character she ever played (the doughnut shop girl who Bob was telling about the "Two fake doctors, a Japanese guy, a gay guy, a biker, and an old women" in everyone's head) The very first week I recalled that scene, and everytime Chloe was on I'd just giggle
Old 12-10-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dr. Rosenrosen, I saw the ad myself. I wouldn't necessarly think that, because last week's ad (for this episode) showed Salazar asking Jack if he was ready to die, then ended with a gunshot... so when Jack killed that guy and took his gun I thought he was going to kill Salazar.

Didn't expect the whole double agent thing until Tony started freaking out.
Old 12-10-03, 09:52 AM

Didn't Tony say they've been trying to get Jack back undercover with Salazar? And since he wanted Chappelle out of the room, I figured Ryan didn't have a high enough clearance to know what was going on and that's why Gael couldn't confess.
Old 12-10-03, 10:14 AM

But Chappelle is Tony's boss-- he should have had clearance. So, it looks like he was end-arounded-- something he can be very po'd about the rest of the episode!
Old 12-10-03, 10:59 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
What a great episode - gotta disagree with you, das, I wasn't bored at all! I thought the entire show was too predictable and not nearly as good as seasons 1 and 2 until last night, when they turned the whole show on its head. Wow!

For the first time this season I can't wait to see the next episode. I'm SO thankful they aren't taking a holiday break yet, and we only have to wait 1 week.

Dr. Rosenrosen - I also wondered why Gael didn't let Chappelle in on at least part of what was happening, given that he was being tortured and the only other person who knew the truth (Tony) was apprently completely out of commission. (It's not that unreasonable for someone to be shot in the neck, lose pints of blood, undergo a really, really quick vascular surgery and back at work in 3 hours, right? Right? Anyone? ;: )
Old 12-10-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's cool. I'm clearly outnumbered. It just didn't do anything for me until the twist became apparent at which point I wasn't caring enough to be overly affected by it. I am interested to see where they're going with this, though.

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.