Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Alias 11/30/03

"Conscious"

This episode is damn trippy so far...
Old 11-30-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah...dammit, it's a cliffhanger!

Got to love the Matrix-like body rolling kicks.
Old 11-30-03, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bastards!! love the return of the cliffhanger.

and what is it with this show and the number 47??? isn't this like the third time 47 has been used for something?

oh, and Lindsay is sooooo dead, can't wait.
Old 11-30-03, 09:22 PM

Can anyone identify the cello piece that was playing in the background when Sydney was in the mysterious facility her first time she was asleep? I know I've heard it before, but I don't know the name of it.

Besides that, great episode. I loved Jack's little smile when he told Vaughn he still didn't think he had much of a backbone.
Old 11-30-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

47 is Rambaldi's favorite number, it seems.
Old 11-30-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn you, cliffhanger!!! Argh! I can't wait a week - I need a fix now!

And the Rambaldi device/prophecy has returned to the show. This should get interesting.

And when, oh when, are they going to kill off Bob Lindsey?

I was hoping they would show more of Sydney roughing up Lauren.

What could be on the paper Lindsey gave Sloan? He can't know what Sloan is really up to, that would suck.

SpyDaddy and Vaughn's moments together seem to get better and better.

I'm ready for them to unleash the wrath of Agent Dixon.

Next week:
Spoiler:
the return of Will! don't know if that is good or bad.
Old 11-30-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So ... how about David Cronenberg's star turn tonight? Need more of his redhead, who I keep expecting to turn out to be related to the Covenant.
Old 11-30-03, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Jack's interaction with everyone was great this episode. Yon can tell what he's thinking by the slightest change in his facial expression

I felt like I was watching the Matrix during the dream scenes. Didn't care for that part.

Next week looks great.
Old 11-30-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How badly did Sydney enjoy knocking the accent out of Lauren?
Old 11-30-03, 10:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy cow, SpyDaddy smiled! AT VAUGHN!

I thought Cronenberg was great. The girl, I didn't care for so much... she added to the trippiness, but mainly by being Ms. Non Sequitur. Cronenberg didn't need to resort to totally going off-topic each time... well, he didn't need to do that most of the time. ("Barbecue chips... hand me the barbecue chips.")

Lauren looks hotter and hotter. I swear she even looked good after she had gotten her ass kicked.

Did anyone notice a little over-emphasis placed on what looked like the Rambaldi clock that was on the table between Weiss and Marshall as they played cards later in the episode? It seemed like something that might come back later.

And did anyone predict that maybe the Lazarey killing was a hoax? I never thought of it, but maybe it was part of some defection scheme. Nice twist, IMO.

The worst parts of an otherwise really good episode: wire-fu and a FREAKING CLIFFHANGER. I never liked the Alias cliffhanger, but to be fair, it makes more sense than having things wrapped up every sixty minutes.

And I'm going to take a guess that Bob Lindsey's life will last no longer than the Sydney-Rambaldi exchange. Why in the hell would you order someone to hire a sniper and then tell them that you knew their evil plan to destroy the world? "You hiring a sniper would be untraceable, and by the way, I know what you're up to!" I don't know why Lindsey didn't just hand Sloane a can of red paint and a paintbrush and say "Arvin, could you paint a nice big bullseye on my forehead?" Why didn't Lindsey just say that he had a pardon or some crap lined up for Sloane? Chalk it up to Lindsey's arrogance, I guess, but it just seems like a really stupid move on his part and a lazy/obvious move on the writers' parts (unless they surprise me and don't blow his brains out at the exchange).

Next week:
Spoiler:
WILL's BACK! YAY!
Old 11-30-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, I've always thought the Lazaray video was a hoax (in the back of my mind), but I didn't really care that much about it because I knew Sydney would somehow be exonerated for the crime, and if there's no crime, she wouldn't need exoneration.

I about fell off the couch when Marshall was complaining about eating too many jelly donuts.
Old 11-30-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absolutely loved the episode, and let me say right now that I am SO GLAD they brought back the cliffhanger! It was by far one of my favorite aspects of this show.

As for the fight scenes, they didn't bother me in the least, because well, it was in dream sequences. Had a "real world" fight had that, I'd be a little ticked. The only thing I found annoying was that it seemed like a damn fashion show for Jennifer Garner (not that I don't like looking at her, don't get me wrong).
Old 12-01-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh man Cronenberg was a trip! Literally! Kaia's not so bad either...I'd hit it.

Dream sequences were a wee bit too Matrix-y, but not too much to make me not like the episode.

Damn that cliffhanger was good...I was yelling at the TV.

Spoiler:
Will's return next week
gets a :thmbsup: from me.
Old 12-01-03, 01:03 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hehe, I fell asleep during part of this show and didn't think I missed anything, but by some of these comments I guess I missed more than I thought. I loved Cronenberg. He kinda reminded me of Marshall. I've always loved Marshall on the show, but it always feels like they have to try too hard to force comedy when he's on since the rest of the show is so serious. It's nice to have somebody else on the show that can bring some laughs.
Old 12-01-03, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, was Cronenberg on the show before? I just went to his IMDB listing, and his biography was submitted by Marco Rambaldi<[email protected]>. ! Just an odd thing to notice after seeing him on a show that dealt with Rambaldi artifacts for so long .
Old 12-01-03, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

ah damnit, did Syd and Lauren really go at it? anyone tape it, since i missed it.
Old 12-01-03, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
[B]. The girl, I didn't care for so much... she added to the trippiness, but mainly by being Ms. Non Sequitur. Cronenberg didn't need to resort to totally going off-topic each time... well, he didn't need to do that most of the time. ("Barbecue chips... hand me the barbecue chips.")
I really enjoyed this episode, favorite one so far. That girl was a bit over the top and it seemed to drag a bit when she was involved.

Oh, how embarrasing when Syd was all confused and was kissing Vaughan! That was funny.
Old 12-01-03, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone catch some of Cronenberg's dialogue? It seemed like sly shout-outs to his movies. He was talking about the "Fakin" being a simulation (which made me think of "eXistenZ") and then he talked about being in a car crash, which made me think of "Crash". I can;t remember any more but I wondered if the writers were doing that intentionally?
Old 12-01-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Loved the return of the cliffhanger. I miss that about the show.

das
Old 12-01-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Loved the return of the cliffhanger. I miss that about the show.

das
Me too but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed off that I have to wait until next week to see what happens! Good episode overall. Man, please oh please let Dixon be the one to knock Lindsey on his ass. That's all I'm asking. Everyone else can help with the beatdown but Dixon should get the kill shot.

The only good thing Lindsey did was confirm that Sloan is up to something. We still don't know what but that's beside the point.

You know Syd loved punching Lauren. I'm just amazed we only got to see one punch.
Old 12-01-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
so I guess they were out of red velvet curtains...?
Old 12-01-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Was the punch to Lauren real or in a "trippy sequence"? Also, is Melissa George American or English in real life?
Old 12-01-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Vegas9203
I really enjoyed this episode, favorite one so far. That girl was a bit over the top and it seemed to drag a bit when she was involved.
They kept showing her walk off screen with a serious look on her face while Sydney was in the dream state, too... I kept waiting for her to turn out to be a bad guy.
Old 12-01-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Dr. DVD •<HR SIZE=1>Was the punch to Lauren real or in a "trippy sequence"? Also, is Melissa George American or English in real life? <HR SIZE=1>

I believe Melissa George is Australian.

das
Old 12-01-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

for the Lynchian Alias in general.

for Black Syd vs. White Syd.

Cronenberg was great I thought, his comic relief was much more enjoyable than Marshall's usual stuff, IMO.

The cliffhanger of "Oh my god" had me really stoked, but after watching the preview for next week
Spoiler:
it seems that it won't be all that earth-shattering, since the scenes from next week deal mostly with the plotlines set up prior to Syd's opening the 47 door.

Also, I would like to go on record for the 47th time to say Weiss is a baddie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.