Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 11/19

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 11/19

Great episode tonight. I love the Dru character and she was great tonight. The Mountain Dew bit was great as well.

But I have obviously not watched enough early episodes because I do not remember the surprise guest at the end.
Can someone clue me in on the name and what part he has played in the past?
Old 11-19-03, 10:36 PM

That actor played Lindsey McDonald, a lawyer with Wolfram & Hart. He played a part in bringing Darla back, turning her into a vampire (again), and had a bit of a crush on her. Angel also cut off one of his hands.

Unfortunately, I'm only watching the early Angel eps for the first time as they're being shown on TNT, so I don't know what happened to Lindsey. I don't think he ever had any magical abilities, and as far as I could tell, the character at the end of tonight's ep had both his hands, so it may not have been him, or he could have been enhanced/altered or something.
Old 11-19-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It has been awhile, but I believe he got his hand back through magic. He joined forces with Angel at the end of season 2 (and may have betrayed him). That was pretty much the last we had heard from him. Very interesting twist.
Old 11-19-03, 10:41 PM

Great news you lot enjoyed it, last week's episode was a gem, this is cool, Lindsey is a great character.

Go Angel!!! brilliant On a roll
Old 11-19-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To be honest I really didn't care for that much for this season until tonight. The ending was great, and it looks like there is going to be a story arc after all. Great episode.
Old 11-19-03, 11:19 PM

I thought this was a great episode, even better than last week's. The competition and conversation between Angel & Spike were really good, and Lindsey's return should be a sign thing of great things to come.

Lindsey was given a new hand by Wulfram & Hart some time after Angel chopped off his. It turned out to be evil though... I can't remember how that was resolved, but eventually he left town after sort of backstabbing W&H.

While Lindsey didn't have any magical powers, he was pretty smart. He never had any of those tattoos before... maybe he's gained some power in the interim.
Old 11-19-03, 11:32 PM

Spoilers for season 2

Angel cut off Lindsey's hand at the end of season 1. Throughout most of season 2 Lindsey and Lilah were competing for a job, the one who lost would be killed. Lindsey was bad for most of the season, at one point he was given a new hand that was evil. While searching for info on his evil hand he and Angel found out Wolfram and Hart had a lab where they were keeping innocent people alive while harvesting thier body parts. Together they blew up the lab.

At the meeting where they were to announce who got promoted, Lindsey was about to get the job. At the last minute he declined the offer, saving Lilah's life. The last we saw of him he and Angel had a somewhat friendly parting. Lindsey drove away in his hick pickup truck. Angel had put a sign on the back saying "I hate cops." That was episode 18 of season 2, the last we saw of him.
Old 11-19-03, 11:52 PM

Great episode. This season has finally turned around enough for me to forgive previous episodes. Two great episodes in a row and now we have an arc developing. I am pumped about Lindsey being back because he was one of my favorite characters on Angel.

I didn't see any previews for next week, so I guess there is no new episode next week? If so, is it only a week off for Thanksgiving or is it time for one of Angel's five week breaks?
Old 11-20-03, 12:04 AM
Banned

I was bummed that there were no previews for the next episode.

Awesome episode, another epic. I was actually rooting for Spike in that fight, man the way they interweaved the past with the present was brilliant. Angel continues to be the best TV show on the air, bar none.

When Eve was undressing, I said 'oh no, please let that not be that panther....". LOL

Lindsey was a HUGE surprise, I never saw it coming.
Old 11-20-03, 12:43 AM

WOW another absolutely excellent episode! What a difference 2 weeks make. The season started off slow with some bad shows but what a 360 it has done keep it coming!

The action between Spike and Angel was excellent and they BOTH vamped out! The plot twist with the return of Lindsey was excellent. Damn is all I have to say!
Old 11-20-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I liked this episode, but still think last week's episode was the best so far this season. Eve had some really annoying dialogue in the beginning, but I will forgive it since she brought Lindsey back.

Can I just say that if you're having a fight scene it's probably not too smart to have no light, fast cuts, and 2 guys with a dark jackets and dark poles beating each other up. I had no idea what was going on during that fight. I might have to start turning up the contrast for this show.

Overall though I enjoyed the episode, and glad they are having an arc. Honestly I never believed this show could go a season without one. I was just waiting for one to develop. Seems like there are many ways they can go which could be good or bad. I hope they can keep it interesting.
Old 11-20-03, 12:50 AM

I actually did trun up the contrast a little to see the action. No doubt the show is cast very dark.
Old 11-20-03, 01:07 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to Yahoo TV listings, Angel won't be on next week because WB is showing the Josie & the Pussycats movie.

Great episode, though. They've done it again, by 'it' I' mean 'sneaking in a story arc right under our noses'. I love that it never would have occurred to me that they'd bring Lindsey back, but once they did it seems so logical and perfect. I really hope this isn't the last new ep until January... last season they aired new episodes until November 17, then the next one didn't air until January 15 (pretty much two months later). In the previous three seasons they at least threw us a bone by putting a fresh episode in December somewhere among the reruns.
Old 11-20-03, 01:23 AM

Finally! Angel, Spike AND Harmony changed into their vampire faces. That's all I was asking for.

Oh, and the episode was good too.

I hope that wasn't the culmination of the "Spike is a ghost" story-line. While I wanted it to be over, Spike getting a flash of light in a package in the mail wasn't the solution I expected. Did Lindsey send the box? (and the amulet?)
Old 11-20-03, 01:26 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Great episode.

I'm so glad Lindsay is back. This show was missing the central antagonist that it always seems to have.

The Spike/Harmony thing in the beginning was funny.

The flashbacks are always a good thing and it was good to see Drusilla.

Spike and Angel had some great scenes tonight.
Old 11-20-03, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
So glad people are saying the show turned around. I have the last two episodes on Tivo, so I'll start watching again.

And Lindsey! He always was my favorite Buffyverse guy.

tasha
Old 11-20-03, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have like all of the episodes this season but this was just......unbelieveable. As a HUGE Buffy and Angel fan this episode had in me in fanboy overload
Old 11-20-03, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode (finally!). Now that we have an arc, let's hope they do something cool with it.
Old 11-20-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I was recording this and somehow it crapped out in the middle of it.

It figures it would happen during the best ep of the season. Guess I will have to catch a re-run during the next couple of months.
Old 11-20-03, 08:47 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I really didn't think this episode was all that great. I'll agree that a lot of important stuff happened, and it's set up the story arc for (possibly) the rest of the season, but I thought the dialogue was pretty bad and the big fight between Angel and Spike was lame and lasted too long.
Old 11-20-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it a good in that it was a fast moving episode with some good backstory tidbits, and present day ramifications from their shared past (Angel and Spike).

The jury is still out on the underlying storyline on who is exactly manipulating the shanshoo prophecy with Spike in the mix.

The Lindsey revelation adds more mystery to the bigger story, which is what most fans of the show was looking for after a handful of so-so episodes.

Last edited by Patman; 11-20-03 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrX

I'm so glad Lindsay is back.
Amen to that. I've been hoping for his return since he drove off in his pickup......I was especially hoping for it this season with the huge focus on W&H. Now if only Eve would go away so Lilah can take her place.......
Old 11-20-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
As much as I loved Lilah I'm not so sure that I want Eve to go away. Surely they could co-exist together.
Old 11-20-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode!!! I'm really interested to see what Lindsay has in store for the Angel gang.

And I'm glad they finally hashed out the past between Angel and Spike.
Old 11-20-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I would've liked it much better if in the end Eve had gotten into bed with Lilah, instead of Lindsey.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.