Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

All Star Survivor (Probable) Cast

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SunMonkey
He was the token post-9/11 NYC police officer on the show.
Originally posted by Roto
Aha, no wonder I don't remember him. I kept hoping he'd get voted off because I didn't want to hear about 9/11 and firemen anymore. I was halfway convinced they were going to rig it for him to win. Whenever he talked I just would put my fingers in my ears "LALALALALA! I can't hear you! LALALALALA"
Those aren't particularly classy things to say. But, regardless, the guy was barely a blip on the show.
Old 11-04-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.hist
Yeah, V won Marquesas.
That's why nobody can remember that one. We all blocked it out of our minds. That was by far the worst victory (unless you're one of the people bothered by the Colby/Tina thing), and possibly the worst season.
Old 11-04-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by buskerdog
Those aren't particularly classy things to say. But, regardless, the guy was barely a blip on the show.
I am thinking of a few classless things to say to you, but I won't. My point was we were already inundated with 9/11 and they went and put an NYC fireman on the show to get ratings. I thought that was a pretty low class move by CBS myself. Nothing against Ken personally, because I do remember him being a good guy. I just wanted the topic off the show. I don't need it to be that much of a reality show.
Old 11-04-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
a couple weeks ago i was telling my wife they should have an all star past surviour season. now i know Tivo can read my mind.
Old 11-04-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Shii Ann? Ken?

Guess no one else from that season would accept? Oh well. 100 times better than Vecepia.

If Sandra is on the show, does that mean we can expect her to last a long time in this season?

Last edited by Jeremy517; 11-04-03 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 11:07 AM

This news best not be spoiln' the rest of this season, yo.
Old 11-04-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by juiio

Jenna "I quit, no wait there are hot guys, so I don't quit after all" wanted to go on the show again?

That wasn't Jenna. That was the red-head. Can't remember her name.
Old 11-04-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
You're right, it was Shawna.

OK I don't feel quite as mad about her winning now. I can't believe I had that wrong thought in my mind for so long
Old 11-04-03, 12:24 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by cdollaz
That would be a ratings nightmare.

No such thing as a "ratings nightmare" for Survivor.
Old 11-04-03, 12:28 PM
Suspended

I am thinking of a few classless things to say to you, but I won't. My point was we were already inundated with 9/11 and they went and put an NYC fireman on the show to get ratings. I thought that was a pretty low class move by CBS myself. Nothing against Ken personally, because I do remember him being a good guy. I just wanted the topic off the show. I don't need it to be that much of a reality show.
Poor you, inundated with 9/11!! Also, he was a cop, and so now they have to disqualify any applicants that were NYC policemen? (or as you call them, firemen)... why not just eliminate every entrant from NYC?
Old 11-04-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by balancer
They should do an all stars, but not with people who won already, give the runners up a chance at the big bucks! I'm hoping and rooting for my boy Rob from Amazon already
I agree, but I think the previous winners will be targets for early departures so it shouldn't matter.

I'll be rooting for Kathy from Marquesas. She probably would have won Marquesas if her bra strap didn't slip in the last challenge.
Old 11-04-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Careful, buddy. IIRC, the guy said he was NYPD when they were all stating their professions at the start of the show, everyone in the cast gave what seemed like a spontaneous round of applause for him and then, unless I've forgotten, it was never mentioned again. It was yet another example of how Survivor is a cut above all other reality shows.

Last edited by Gil Jawetz; 11-04-03 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Damfino
I'll be rooting for Kathy from Marquesas. She probably would have won Marquesas if her bra strap didn't slip in the last challenge.
True dat. Like I said, we were rooting for Kathy. She was great.
Old 11-04-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Kathy and Xiousan should get along pretty well.
Old 11-04-03, 01:21 PM

Poor you, inundated with 9/11!! Also, he was a cop, and so now they have to disqualify any applicants that were NYC policemen? (or as you call them, firemen)... why not just eliminate every entrant from NYC?
Agreed, balancer...Ken never made mention of his profession or dealing with 9/11 and if he had, so what? No one ever made an issue of it on the show.
Old 11-04-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Burnt Alive
No Colleen, Gervase, Greg (S1), Elisabeth (S2), Sean (S4), Robb (S5), Deena (S6)....but we get Jerri's comatose lackey, Amber.
Oh no wait, THANK GOD Greg won't be on it, if I had to watch any more of his brilliant "alphabetical voting strategy", I'd puke. Don't remember Gervase THAT well, but didn't he turn out to be a loser at the challenges?
Old 11-04-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Experiment626
Wasn't there a young woman that Tom was really good friends with in season 3? Who was that?
Kim Powers? I'd love to see her on the All Star Cast. But I'm happy that Amber will be on the show
Old 11-04-03, 03:33 PM

Actually, Sean the Doctor was the one with the alphabet voting strategy in the 1st season. Greg was the kooky coconut phone guy.

How could anyone forget Kathy?!
Old 11-04-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mittman
No Elizabeth from Season 2? That sucks.
I second that. Someone call Survivor producers and tell them to put Elizabeth from S2 in the All-Star cast!
Old 11-05-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh please. This is exactly my point. I can barely remember the guy. I find it extremely hard to believe they put him on the show for any other reason than the fact hat he was an NYC police officer. I'm just agreeing that it was pure tokenism.

Last edited by Roto; 11-05-03 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-05-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh please. This is exactly my point. I can barely remember the guy. I find it extremely hard to believe they put him on the show for any other reason than the fact hat he was an NYC police officer. I'm just agreeing that it was pure tokenism.
That's ridiculous. The guy had a legitimate shot like everyone else. Not every contestant can be a bartender from Kentucky. There are over 40,000 members of the NYPD (it's a larger force than the FBI) and he was just one. There have been plenty of unmemorable Survivor castmembers.
Old 11-05-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let's just agree to disagree then, you don't need to attack me. It's not that big of a deal to me and some people are under the impression it is. It just annoyed me when he was first on the show. It turned into a non-issue because as was said, Ken didn't constantly talk about 9/11 or even just being a cop in New York, and he didn't win because everyone felt sorry for him. I don't know if he should be an All Star either, but I guess they have to pick someone from that rather dull season.
Old 11-05-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We can definitely agree that he shouldn't be an all-star. I don't know why Brian from that year wouldn't be on. He was unelievable. And insane Jan would be a fun addition as well. I hated Robb but he would be interesting. The Rob(b)s on Survivor are always the ones to watch.
Old 11-05-03, 02:46 PM

It has to be taken into consideration, too, that some people were probably asked and said no and that's why some people that don't sound like All-Star material to us would be on. As for tokenism, there is always the token model-bartender, actress-model, suburban mom...so let's not put Survivor that far up on a pedestal when it comes to tokenism, they do it all the time.
Still love the show!
Old 11-05-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just hoping that Jenna from last season is the first one voted off. That crazy Matt guy was incredible in the challenges, and although weird, he seemed like a decent guy. Definately more deserving than Jenna. Anybody who uses the lame excuse "(he/she) already has enough money" as the reason why they are most worthy to win doesn't deserve a cent.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.