Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10/22/03 "featuring music by REM"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-03, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
Smallville 10/22/03 "featuring music by REM"

Last week, Lana in a swimsuit... this week, Lana skinnydips. Not a bad season.

BTW, the "featuring music by REM" line in all the commercials is lame.
Old 10-22-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Methinks the REM plug in the promos must have been part of the contract or something in order to use their songs. Or at least I would hope. Unles theWB really thinks we'd watch a show just for the background music.

I know the show has been kind of sucking lately, but still...
Old 10-22-03, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
nice plug for the WB's best of REM album. Maybe next week they can feature the music of Creed and all of their greatest hits.

Anyhow - for a freak of the week type ep, I thought it was alright. When's Clark going to go for it already (in regards to Lana)?
Old 10-22-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I liked tonight's show, but then I find something to enjoy in all of them. Some shows are better than others, as is the case with every TV show. But I thought it was a solid episode. I also like how Lana asked for an explanation as to why Clark pushed her away. At least they've been dealing with it a bit.
Old 10-22-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had no idea that the first part of this episode was a dream, so when we saw Lex take a swing with the sword at Clark, I thought, "WOW, the writers are really going to evolve the show this season!" But then it turned out to be another episode. A good episode, but still over looking too much from the season opener, and I was especially disappointed with the fact that Lana didn't want to learn more of how Clark came out of that crashed truck with no wounds at all. "Why are you pushing me away" she asks later on in the episode. Stewpid hewmon. Clark should rule these simpletons rather easilly!
Old 10-22-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

so clark and lana are still friends. nothing has changed. the writers did to do something with their relationship.

also, a lot of these episodes have no depth. we knew from the beginning the uncle was the bad guy. there was no surprise or anything. toward the end of last season they had some twists but now they have just settled into a formula again
Old 10-22-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I say the season cliff hanger will be Lana finding out about Clark, next season she will be in the middle of everything. At the end she will understand that she cannot handle the life Clark has to lead and they will decide to be just friend, even though Lana is still very much in love with Clark.
Old 10-23-03, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this episode was so bad that it made me wish that I was in a coma.
Old 10-23-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by rayw69
then next week u will wake up from your comma and see perry white in next week smallville ep.
Old 10-23-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

and the spoiler for next weeks episode looks like its already been done. hopefully they have a new angle on it this time
Old 10-23-03, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by rayw69

Just how I felt. Didn't care at all for it. Clark and someone else sharing dreams?
Old 10-23-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
And to make the episode worse, the WB announcer gave away the spoiler so I knew it (the whole beginning) was a dream all along.

"And next on the WB, Clark has dreams of the girl next door, on an all new Smallville"
Old 10-23-03, 09:18 AM

Smallville + The Ring + Nightmare on Elm Street = LAME

Another week, another attempt on Lana's life. Shouldn't she have post-traumatic stress syndrome by now?

I'm going to continue to watch the show every week, since I'm a huge Superman guy and it's not a bad show by any means. But man I wish it was a better show.
Old 10-23-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
An okay standalone episode, with Clark becoming intertwined with the girl in a dream-addled coma and some green K in the mix.

Lex is further sliding to the dark side under Lionel. Wonder what the shrink will find in Lex's dark recesses of his tortured psyche...

Lana has to know that Clark has got some serious mojo after surviving that truck flip without a scratch on him (or that his parents didn't have him checked out at the hospital for internal injuries.

You have to like the way Clark starts up with his dreams at the beginning of the episode.

I am looking forward to next week's guest appearance.
Old 10-23-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They need to incorporate some Buffy-esque long story-arcs to the series. These wrap-it-up-in-under-an-hour stories are just not filling. Kinda like eating a Twinky for breakfast.
Old 10-23-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Spoiler:
Micheal McKean as Perry White, investigative reporter?

Not sure how I think about that.

Wasn't a strong episode. Too much Dreamscape for me, but it's building towards Clark sharing his secret with Lana. Clark's open display of powers is getting old. Too many people have seen them.
Old 10-23-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally posted by hahn
These wrap-it-up-in-under-an-hour stories are just not filling. Kinda like eating a Twinky for breakfast.
You mean kinda like ST:TNG?
Old 10-23-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although I liked this episode, I hope Smallville isn't falling back into monster of the week pattern. It was obvious from the beginning that it was a dream, but I was really hoping that Lex had figured out his secret. There just needs to be some resolve to some of the issues that have been lingering since the first episode. I'm all curious why Pete has barely got any screen time so far this season. I think they need to develop more story lines for him.
Old 10-23-03, 03:53 PM

I thought the episode was just ok. I agree that I'd prefer it if they started incorporating more story arcs into the series. I did think that the scene with Lex and the sword was good, although I knew it had to be a dream.

Oh yeah, holy crap is Lionel Luthor buff.
Old 10-23-03, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clark's open display of powers is getting old. Too many people have seen them.
Doesn't matter, because the people that see them wind up dead or in the nut house.
Old 10-23-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ever notice that everytime they show Lana in her undies, its always a body double. In the last episode they cut away from her face when she took off her shirt. Then when she was in her bra they showed her from the head up. Same thing happened last season. (last week her bathing suit was 1 piece) ... just an observation.

Last edited by cactusoly; 10-24-03 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-23-03, 06:08 PM

What movie did Lex say the sword was a prop from? I meant to write it down so I could look it up, but I forgot...
Old 10-23-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by hector031
What movie did Lex say the sword was a prop from? I meant to write it down so I could look it up, but I forgot...
Kurosawa's Throne of Blood
Old 10-23-03, 06:53 PM

good episode, but why is lana so darn stupid! clark gets pulled out from the truck and mr. kent says "no don't call the ambulance, he just hit his head"....i seriously busted out laughing. Lana just kind of passed it off as "sure I guess so." and then she never questioned clark about it....weird! oh well, she's beautiful...i guess she can't have all the good qualities!
Old 10-23-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SiberianLlama

Oh yeah, holy crap is Lionel Luthor buff.
I noticed that too. Pretty big for a guy his age.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.