TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: where was Syd for those 2 years
she really was dead
8.70%
she turned bad
8.70%
only sloane knows
73.91%
don't care for the plot, I'm for the t&a aspect.
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

alias "the Two" season primiere 9/28

Old 09-27-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alias "the Two" season primiere 9/28

yes this is the most anticipated season primiere for me

(if someone can find the bigger pic thats in tv guide, please post it.)
Alias
The Two
60 mins.

PLOT SPOILER
Spoiler:
There's hell to pay as season three sends Syd after Vaughn for giving up hope, Sloane for weaseling his way into a formal pardon and an NSC honcho for locking her father away on bogus charges. Meanwhile, the CIA needs the newly resurrected Bristow on a case that could be tied to her two-year disappearance and the recent murders of eight operatives.
Weiss: Greg Grunberg. Dixon: Carl Lumbly.

I really want to see
Spoiler:
Syd get to beat the living crap out of Vaughn in this episode
Old 09-27-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While I am only a casual fan of Alias, I am gradually sinking into it via DVD. I have caught occasional eps from last year and noticed that they like to drop somewhat A-list guest stars in there from time to time (Ethan Hawke and Christian Slater, thought I really am not sure if they are A-List).
What I would really mark out for is if they found a way to work in Johnny Depp as Agent Sands from the most recent Mariachi flick.
Spoiler:
With his blindness in tact
In terms of storylines, he would make sense as he works for the CIA. I know, stupid geekboy wishes, but still....
Old 09-27-03, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

season 1 had Tarantino and roger moore as guest stars.
Old 09-28-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

anybody want me to tape this or the first few episodes for them until season 2 comes to dvd?
Old 09-28-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

opening line to Sloane via entertainment weekly
Spoiler:
''Where the hell was I the last two years? What the hell did you do to me?''
and I sort of found that bigger pic
Old 09-28-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, baby!

Alias time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm sad. I've only seen season one via DVD and I'm currently watching this premiere like this:

But it's cool. I'll catch up.
Old 09-28-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First off. I'm already sick of her emotional breakdowns. Second, there is no way they would let her back in the facility after she was labeled a "target". Third I sure hope the interest level goes up next week. I was disappointed by this episode. Sure there are lots of unanswered questions but it doesn't have me wondering like it did last year. I expected more from a season piolet.
Old 09-28-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kantonburg
First off. I'm already sick of her emotional breakdowns. Second, there is no way they would let her back in the facility after she was labeled a "target". Third I sure hope the interest level goes up next week. I was disappointed by this episode. Sure there are lots of unanswered questions but it doesn't have me wondering like it did last year. I expected more from a season piolet.
Agree!
Old 09-28-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked it. Everything seems f'd up which is a little tough to just accept since there are many things so different. And there certainly are a ton of questions and unanswered things, but the next few weeks looks to be pretty interesting. Do you have to suspend belief? Sure, but I was content
Old 09-28-03, 10:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Removed spoiler tags... the show's aired, it's fair game for discussion with out spoilers.

Okay, enough moderating. I thought the episode was just fine. But about her getting into the building... do you think that building security would know that she was labeled as an enemy? I doubt they are totally up to date on every enemy of the CIA. But if she had to go through some sort of coded door, then it wouldn't have worked.

OH WHO CARES! ALIAS IS BACK!

- I was a little bummed by Limp Bizkit getting airtime... but they totally redeemed themselves by playing Blue Man Group on the very next song.

- SWATWeiss was very cool-looking, and a nice change from StrictlyComedyReliefWeiss that I had gotten used to from last season.

- I'm so glad they got SpyDaddy out quickly. He's one of my favorite parts of the show, and I'm glad they sprung him now as opposed to five episodes from now.

- "PEACE?" Oh, hell. That can't be the resolution to the whole Rambaldi thing. Does this mean that the Rambaldi storyline is over? The Rambaldi insignia is still flashed during the opening credit sequence, so maybe not?

- I liked Sydney using the silence device this time, instead of SpyDaddy... it was a nice turnaround.

- WHERE WAS WILL?! We didn't even hear what he's doing now. He's like the one character, other than SpyMommy, who we haven't gotten reacquainted with. Even Marshall's baby's momma got some screen time. But no Will? Blasphemous. No straight answer on FakeFrancie, either. Neither Bradley Cooper or Merrin Dungey are in the opening credits... were they there before?

- I've lost my keys. Where are they?
Old 09-28-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Rambaldi device really intrigued me last year. I do hope they continute with that storyline. There is no way Sloan could take a passionate resolution and just start "doing good" without something instore for him.
Old 09-28-03, 10:59 PM

My thought was: "2 YEARS OF STORYLINE AND ALL THE STUPID DEVICE DID WAS SAY 'PEACE'?!?!?! THAT SUCKS!!!"

However, that being said, I was a little disappointed in the episode. I suppose it sets up a lot more things for the future, but the episode didn't hold me like it usually does. But, like Static Cling said... "Who cares! Alias is back!"

Last edited by mverleg1; 09-28-03 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-28-03, 11:04 PM

Who here believes Sloan turned over a new leaf?

Not me.

And where's Sark?
Old 09-28-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Where's SpyMommy! Where's Will?
Old 09-28-03, 11:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping Jack would keep the beard just for the comic value.

Anyway I thought it was good. The Syd/Vaughn relationship is over, for now, which is what I thought dragged the show down for the second half of last season so I'm very happy with that.

The look on Syd's face when she realized the baby was Marshall's was great

This has the potential to be good and I like where it's going now more then the direction it was heading after the reboot last year.
Old 09-28-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as for will, i seem to recall reading somewhere that he had another show so he will be here just not as much.

did anyone else notice how HUGE jack's ears looked when he was in prison? i mean you could fly with those things!?!

as for the story, i can agree with most of the comments above. i can see how we all wanted answers NOW, but if they don't drag it out too long, i will be okay with it. after all, they have to do something to keep interest instead of just telling us everything in the first hour. that being said though, they better keep things rolling along. oh yeay, bring back lena olin!!
Old 09-28-03, 11:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

Another thought: Syd needs to freaking chill with Vaughn. It's not like with SpyMommy, where they didn't even find a body... they found remains, they found DNA. And he left the CIA, so he didn't have the access that SpyDaddy had. (Although it would've been nice is SpyDaddy had told Vaughn about Syd being alive. But SpyDaddy isn't Mr. Super Nice Guy, so whatever.)
Old 09-28-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
anybody want me to tape this or the first few episodes for them until season 2 comes to dvd?
I'd take you up on that except I don't have a VCR any more . Now, if anyone knew of a Buffy.nu like site for Alias, that would be different .

I first saw Alias after the Superbowl last year, and watched it sporatically through the end (I kept trying not to watch and wait for S1 on DVD, but couldn't help it). A lot of times I really had no idea at all what was going on, but the style of the show kept me hooked. Now that I've watched S1, I know I'm going to be fighting to not watch S3 before watching S2. Argh!
Old 09-29-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kickass opener! She kicked a lot of ass this episode; and no doubt she'll do it again next ep. I think the amount of f**kedup-ness is just about right considering she's pretty f**kup herself; having been gone for 2 years. It sort of puts you in her shoes. Nice to see Weiss, and Marshall (u go girl!) and his woman. I think this plotline is probably as intriguing as Rambaldi was. Rating: DSP (Definite Season PASS)
Old 09-29-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Jericho <HR SIZE=1>I liked it. Everything seems f'd up which is a little tough to just accept since there are many things so different. And there certainly are a ton of questions and unanswered things, but the next few weeks looks to be pretty interesting. Do you have to suspend belief? Sure, but I was content <HR SIZE=1>

It's odd. There are so many things wrong with this show, and this episode, and yet, I really don't care. There's not another show where I'm so willing and so happy to suspend all disbelief. This show is insane, and I like it. They continually write themselves into corners and somehow write themselves back out, and it's always fun, and it never fails to kick ass.

I have a lot of questions and some annoyances, but I'll give them some time to resolve it. If PEACE is all we get, I'll be pissed, but Jack's "been doing this a long time ... there's rarely an end to the story."

From the preview:
Spoiler:
Melissa George as Vaughn's wife ... HELL YEAH!!!

das
Old 09-29-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Static Cling
And he left the CIA, so he didn't have the access that Jack had.
Yeah, but when Vaughn was hellbent on getting info on Syd's mom in season two, he sure worked whatever connections he had. Hell, Syd was gone for 2 years and after calling "over 2 dozen contacts" she found one that was able to help her get back in the game. I understand where Syd was coming from and totally agree with her.

That said...I enjoyed this ep.
  • I did feel like it was a lil too easy for Syd to get Jack a pardon [AND his job back]. But i'm glad it happened. After having Lena behind plexiglass for almost all of season two, I wouldn't be able to bear those slo-mo walks to visit Jack.
  • I'm wondering what happened to Will. I realize the fire was set by whomever it was that kidnapped Syd, but why would Will's life matter to them..?
  • Glad to see Marshall gettin' some nookie.
  • And speaking of "nookie"...I agree with Static [by the way -- it's limpbizkit now. NOT Limp Bizkit. Get it right ]. I could understand that they needed a repetitive/agressive beat for Syd's "suiting up", but doesn't JJ realize that THERE IS an instrumental version of that song? I didn't really need to hear Fred yodelling about "Chocolate Starfish". And THEN, to make it worse...they edited it in a way that made it sound even crappier than it actually is.
I was @ the magazine cover on the Sloane's desk "Arvin Sloane - Rising Angel" Wrong direction guys..
Old 09-29-03, 01:11 AM

I loved it. I didn't think there was anything in this episode more ridiculous than what has come before, and it had a couple of solid "No way!" moments.

I'm betting Sloane is lying, or covering something up. Not just because 'Peace' would be the biggest letdown ever, either. There has to be some reason Ron Rifkin is still in the credits, and I can't believe it's to play Exposition Fairy.

I liked that Syd's stealing the chip echoed her stealing the Rambaldi device for SD-6 in the first episode; I wonder if this means she's going to be working more for her own goals than for the CIA in the future.

Was glad to see Marshall, Weiss, and Jack. Missed Will. Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that JJ Abrams had to convince ABC to let him keep the character alive? Loved watching Sydney yell at Vaughn, because that guy just bugs me. I wonder if we're going to find out that Jack tried to include Vaughn in his search for Sydney.
Old 09-29-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No way, either she is a clone or her mind is being mind controled (hooked up to some machine or drug to make her think all this is happening) so Sloan (or some bad guy) can get info out of her head.

Too many wierd things in the show that would never happen in real life (real TV life).
Old 09-29-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved it. Thumbs up. I was totally glued. Alias is back!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.