Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What's The Most Hated Sitcom Here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Numanoid •<HR SIZE=1>I take it you still watch the show, or you wouldn't know that it's on auto-pilot. And by still watching it, you are in fact the one to blame for its continued success due to your complacency with familiarity and mediocrity, no? Thank you for beautifully demonstrating your own example. Or do you just blame Nielsen families? <HR SIZE=1>

I watch it for research value (often not of my own choice) and am frequently annoyed that I do ... and I'm not a Nielsen viewer. Had I any impact on the ratings, you could be damn sure I'd use it. You're smart enough to know the difference and are just being argumentative.

No, I don't blame Nielsen families completely. I do, however, blame Nielsen Media Research and the networks who are fostering a statistically inaccurate and outdated system knowing full well that it tips the scale in the favor of the Big 4.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 09-23-03 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-23-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Although it may be politically incorrect to say so right now, 8 Simple Rules is just a dreadful, dreadful show and I am very disappointed to hear that ABC intends to continue it even without John Ritter. If anything, his dropping dead was the perfect excuse to yank this crap off the air.

Sorry if that's insensitive.
Old 09-23-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

can I say that I hated the Pitts and That '80s Show?

the shows sucked, but more importantly, they took up space on Fox's schedule that could have been used by better shows
Old 09-23-03, 09:07 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Okay, I'm going to backtrack: I hated That 80's Show. I kept watching it hoping it would stop sucking, since it was from the same people who brought us That 70's Show (which I enjoy).
Old 09-23-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There ya go! That 80's Show is probably the worst show I ever saw many times. I gave it 2nd, 3rd, 4th, I don't know how many chances, then I'd go back to it a few weeks later to see if it got any better. Wow, that was an awful show! Far worse than Will and Grace or Frasier ever have been. I hate FOX executives with a passion that cannot be measured. They have had some of the best shows on TV and they just throw them away to be replaced with the most God awful crap you could imagine.

Most sitcoms run out of steam after a while. I used to watch Will and Grace, Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond. They all started out as good shows, but after so many years it always gets too predictable. I watched Raymond last night for the first time in a while and it was pretty dull.
Old 09-23-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's Happening? Everytime I see that show, I want to poke my eyes out with forks.
Old 09-23-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Josh Z •<HR SIZE=1>Although it may be politically incorrect to say so right now, 8 Simple Rules is just a dreadful, dreadful show and I am very disappointed to hear that ABC intends to continue it even without John Ritter. If anything, his dropping dead was the perfect excuse to yank this crap off the air.

Sorry if that's insensitive.
<HR SIZE=1>

Not insensitve (honesty rules), but I'm surprised you feel that way. It was one of my favorite sitcoms last season and a real bright spot on ABC. It was the kind of show I could enjoy with my family, and yet, it didn't rely on cheesy Full House speeches.

Anyway, just for clarity, the question was for the show we "hate" the most, right? Not the show that sucks the most. Were it the latter, I could come up with a nice long list of sitcoms that are just stupid to begin with.

das
Old 09-23-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate Everybody Loves Raymond and I have never even seen it. I just hate that guy who seems to be on every show promoting that show and I find him so annoying. And for that show to win against Curb Your Enthusiam-- ugh!

I am also amazed that Frasier is still on the air. He was my least favorite character on Cheers, so the fact that he even got a spin-off was a head-scratcher to me.
Old 09-23-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Designing Women" -- there, that's my final answer.

What do I win?
Old 09-23-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Anyway, just for clarity, the question was for the show we "hate" the most, right? Not the show that sucks the most.
Again, I say...
Originally posted by Chad
Just wondering what pretty much everyone here at TV Talk considers to be this forum's most loathed/hated/detested sitcom (not drama) currently on television?

Based on a lot of opinions here, I'm assuming almost everyone would be in total agreement with me that Will & Grace would take the coveted #1 spot.
Umm...so Chad? The question was - which is "this forum's most loathed/hated/detested sitcom", right?
I don't see a "What sitcom do you loathe/hate/detest the most...?" question anywhere in there..
Old 09-23-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-23-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

well if we all say which one we hate, someone can tally it up and see which one the forum hates
Old 09-23-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Venusian •<HR SIZE=1>well if we all say which one we hate, someone can tally it up and see which one the forum hates <HR SIZE=1>

Agreed. I believe that's the implication made in the first post. He's hypothesized that it's Will & Grace, and through our individual posts, he can determine whether that's an accurate assessment or not. It would be really silly for each of us to post our perspective of what the whole forum thinks, when each of us could simply state what we each think as an individual.

Don't you have something better to be doing, Rogue?

das
Old 09-23-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Will and Grace by a longshot. Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Old 09-23-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Will and Grace by a longshot. Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Sounds like the set-up for a typical W & G joke.
Old 09-23-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Decker •<HR SIZE=1>Sounds like the set-up for a typical W & G joke. <HR SIZE=1>

10 foot pole?!? *Puts hands on hips* DETAILS???

das