TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

Old 08-19-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
She was hot so I'm not complaining.
Well, she got shot down for the 2nd time in a row. The rule of thumb now is that bigger boobs always gets in...
Old 08-19-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Well, she got shot down for the 2nd time in a row. The rule of thumb now is that bigger boobs always gets in...

Well considering the ladies voted, it seems obvious that they were threatened by her. Of course, it could just be that FOX, in the name of diversity, 'asked' them to vote the way that they did.
Old 08-19-03, 04:23 PM

Is this supposed to be the new twist in this show now: bring back the other potential guest that was passed over for the current non-original guest? Last week, they brought back that wacko Tom, who lost out to Dave in week 2. And looks like this week, they'll bring back the girl that lost out to Tara and works in one of those "Coyote Ugly" bars.
My theory on this is that they only leased the theater for 6 weeks (or however long they thought the show was going to last) but because it is doing fairly well in the ratings, they have extended it. I think to save money on the theater and interviewing new people, they are just using those that didn't get picked.

Someone may have already said this but I think that last week, Tom was supposed to go up against another loser but for one reason or another he didn't make it. Tom just lucked out and was the only contestant.
Old 08-19-03, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Red Dog
She was hot so I'm not complaining.
I can't believe Lauren didn't get on again. Her and Holly have been my favorite ladies, and they blessed us w/ Holly, but they couldn't bless us w/ Lauren...********, this is why I can't wait for TI3 next week.
Old 08-20-03, 08:53 AM
Banned

Anyone else see Toni on Blind Date last night?
Her (his??) behavior was no different on the other show as well.
Old 08-20-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Was Lauren the Coyote Ugly bartender? (I missed the start of the show on Monday) That's too bad because she was eminently cuter and better looking than Desiree.
Old 08-20-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

wow! what an episode tonight.

It's so funny (although looking more and more "staged" each week) with how they keep picking on Amy!
Take every partner she has away (Zack, then Toni, then Beau) and then when she ASKS to leave the king and queen say NO!

It was a good try to kill two threats with one vote though!
Almost worked.
Old 08-21-03, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great show!! I was so happy they picked Kristen that manipulative, insecure sicko. I knew it would piss Amy off -- and when she said "I'm leaving" I cheered outloud. But I knew she was just being her little drama queen self, and that she'd stay. But now, unfortunately, Tara and Dave have her as an enemy as well.

The King and Queen did the roommates perfectly as well.
Old 08-21-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty convinced that the show is all staged now. It's getting really ridiculous. But I'm lapping it up nonetheless! Need more Holly in a bikini, that's all I have to add.

Last edited by Patman; 08-21-03 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-21-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oops, double post.

But since I'm here, there's nothing more delicious than booting another "original" that wants to stay, and keeping the other "original" that wants to go. Ladies and gentlemen, that's real cruelty on display.

Last edited by Patman; 08-21-03 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-21-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Great stuff. Oh and we need more of Tara competing in swimsuit competitions.
Old 08-21-03, 12:57 PM

Whoopie... So now they won't add any more extra "guests" into the Hotel. But Fox still refuses to reveal what the ultimate prize will be. This trainwreck is slowly but surely coming to an end by the end of September...
Old 08-21-03, 01:23 PM
Banned

Whoopie... So now they won't add any more extra "guests" into the Hotel. But Fox still refuses to reveal what the ultimate prize will be. This trainwreck is slowly but surely coming to an end by the end of September...
I know but even if it ends at the end of September that still leaves then with about half their current cast. So still no idea what the plan is though.

And Tara in the bathing suit
Old 08-21-03, 01:28 PM

No, this thing WILL end before baseball playoffs starts. So, it's possible that they'll start eliminating one person per show, instead of one every week.
Old 08-21-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Or they could eliminate 1 guy and 1 girl each Wednesday or something. This show is getting too-Survivorish.
Old 08-22-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, Amy really has turned into this show's punching bag - though I am noy saying she doesn't deserve any of it, because she certainly does. Too bad she didn't leave, then they could have gotten rid of her and Kristin at the same time.

Tara + bikinis = one hell of a good thing. Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmmm......

Holly needs to show some more bikini, maybe she will be more interesting now that she isn't couped up w/ Scott. But that's probably wishful thinking.

Again, why did they pick Desiree over the sexy and gorgeous bartender, Lauren? She could have made this show much more interesting, imo.

Alex and Charla rooming together - too funny.
Old 08-25-03, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by B.A.hist
Again, why did they pick Desiree over the sexy and gorgeous bartender, Lauren? She could have made this show much more interesting, imo.
I guess you missed my explanation on the "Paradise Hotel Guest Admission Protocal #2"...

The rule of thumb now is that bigger boobs always gets in...
Old 08-26-03, 10:37 AM

next week:

Spoiler:
Zach is back

Dear god, no...
Old 08-26-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Darq
next week:

Spoiler:
Zach is back

Dear god, no...

I was surprised that they actually said who the surprise guest is. I suppose it is a foregone conclusion that Alex will be voted off.
Old 08-26-03, 10:53 AM

he's probably just back for a visit.
Since the host already said there'll be no more guests (though I suppose he isn't a "new" guest...). Doesn't matter really, he'll be gone in no time if he is staying around with Charla, Tara, Desiree, etc likely still being around to vote him away.
Old 08-26-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If Charla is the mole (as I suspect), then Alex might stay!
Old 08-27-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And the next person kicked out of paradise is:

Spoiler:
Alex, who got sent home when Tara picked Keith over him after a 2-2 tie.

I can't stand looking at Charla's scrunched up face anymore, she's not going to age gracefully, I'm afraid. But she's been working the game really hard, just like Dave. Now it's going to get rougher because it's going to be harder to know who to trust.
Old 08-28-03, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From the previews of next weeks episode it looks as if Zack's a big tough boy because it will only take him and "50 of my boys" to take on Keith if he comes to Arizona. What a punk ass. These people really suck.
Old 08-28-03, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Zack's a tool and he showed how big of one he was when he walked back in to hotel last night looking like a "big, tough badass". He needs to get a life, so does his psycho lady friend...
Old 08-28-03, 07:49 AM
Banned

I'm wondering why Holly picked Keith to go. And why did they pick on Keith instead of Dave?

And since they show everyone coming back to the show I'm guessing it's the last week of the show.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.