Reload this Page >

Seinfeld TV series should come back!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-22-03, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all of these syndication shows lasting like almost forever with a huge crowd watching them on every timeslot available.. Hollywood should just give in and bring back this show no matter how it will cost.
Old 05-22-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They didn't end the show because of the money, the show ended because Jerry Seinfeld wanted to go out on top and persue other things.
Old 05-22-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Iron Chef
They didn't end the show because of the money, the show ended because Jerry Seinfeld wanted to go out on top.
Then he shoulda left when Larry David did. The last 2-3 years of Seinfeld were decidely different than what made the show so great in the first place.
Old 05-22-03, 12:38 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Perhaps it was because I had read about David's departure and was therefore looking for a change in "tone," but yeah, I detected that something was different in the post-LD era. There were still some great moments in the final seasons, though, so it's not like I'm willing to say, "I wish those last couple years had never happened."

Something tells me that George, Kramer, and maybe even Elaine would be down with a reunion........but you can't have "Seinfeld" without Seinfeld, and he's much too busy now, what with his - wait, what's he doing again?
Old 05-22-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by inVectiVe
Something tells me that George, Kramer, and maybe even Elaine would be down with a reunion........but you can't have "Seinfeld" without Seinfeld, and he's much too busy now, what with his - wait, what's he doing again?
Raising a child and making the comedy club rounds.

I am one who thinks they should never do a reunion. Mainly because Seinfeld retired all that material when he quit to start his family. If he was to make a return to TV, it would have to be based more on his current material than it would be on the material he's not using anymore. And Seinfeld was all about that material he retired. And now he has a family, I somehow don't think he'd play a single guy again on a series, and I am not sure if I am ready yet for the Jerry Seinfeld family comedy.
Old 05-22-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to see Seinfeld do movies now; I bet they'd do pretty good.
Old 05-22-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Remember when Jerry and George were writing the pilot to their TV series titled, "Jerry"? It had a preposterous story line about some guy who (IIRC) gets into an automobile crash with Jerry and is sentenced to be his butler.

I think the show was trying to make a subtle statement at that time about how silly your typical sitcom looks on TV compared to "Seinfeld." All "Seinfeld" consisted of was simple story lines (i.e., a show about nothing) but what was so ingenious about it was the viewers could relate to the episodes. Ironically, in the last couple of seasons, I think "Seinfeld" started to look more and more like "Jerry" with its far-fetched plots.

If the show ever came back and returned to its original roots, I'm all for it.
Old 05-22-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd love to see more Seinfeld episodes to be produced, but I'm certainly not holding out any hope of that happening. To me, Seinfeld was about as perfect as a sitcom could get. It was arguably consistantly funny from beginning to end and stayed true to its "tone". It never tried to tackle tough issues or manufacture romance between its main characters, just straight-out comedy.
Old 05-22-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As much as Seinfeld is my absolute all time favorite show. I would not want to see any new episodes. I just don't think it would be the same. I am happy with the reruns and hopefully soon the DVDs.

On a side note I suggest watching "Comedian". I thought it was a very well done documentary and has a great commentary too.