TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel Season Five Speculation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Angel Season Five Speculation...

...told ya so!

Might seem lame, but do you have any other suggestions if we want to continue chat about the Buffyverse without Buffy?
Old 05-21-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
My only speculation and hope is that Joss Whedon devotes his full time and energy to this one show. He was spread too thin working on three shows at the same time, and all of them hurt for it.
Old 05-21-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I hope that they make Lilah a more recurring character - if not a regular cast member.

Not only is she smoking hot - she is the most interesting character the show's ever had.
Old 05-21-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that Whedon might have been holding out with the finale of Buffy. IMO, he will wait until Angel decides to breathe its last (or the network decides for it) then possibly bring back everyone involved in the Buffyverse for a last hurrah. At least that's what I would like to think.
Old 05-21-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I prefer Angelverse.....
Old 05-21-03, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wishful thinking:

After getting a call from Buffy confirming that the world was saved, Angel takes the Wolfram & Hart jet to Africa and gets his very own, curse-free, happiness-proof soul.
Old 05-21-03, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by slop101
I hope that they make Lilah a more recurring character - if not a regular cast member.

Not only is she smoking hot - she is the most interesting character the show's ever had.
I'd argue Wesley is the show's most interesting character but Lilah is pretty fasinating. And smokin' hot.
I've read that Whedon is planning on writing & directing more next year. My guess is it will be a full season before ME unveils the next show in the Buffyverse universe giving everyone time to recharge their batteries and time for FOX to cancel Tru & whatever midseason show Tim Minear is running.
Oh and did anyone see the bit about how ME is working to get a Firefly feature film off the ground?
Old 05-21-03, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
Wishful thinking:

After getting a call from Buffy confirming that the world was saved, Angel takes the Wolfram & Hart jet to Africa and gets his very own, curse-free, happiness-proof soul.
I really think the curse is something that the show will deal with at some point. I wonder if the curse is even working anymore.
Old 05-21-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

one of the writer's for tvguide has mentioned that it was recently announced/reveiled/whatever that Spike will be appearing on new episodes of Angel.......

does anyone know anything else about this? I was hoping this would happen, but considering he died in the finale of Buffy (like anyone didn't see that coming a mile away).....I figured it unlikely....

from http://www.tvguide.com/tv/roush/dispatches/

In retrospect, what genius to have announced that James Marsters would be joining Angel before we saw his character of Spike incinerated as he paid the ultimate sacrifice to save the slayer he loved. Takes some of the sting out of the shock, doesn't it? I haven't a clue how Spike is resurrected, but Joss Whedon's world is always full of miracles.
perhaps the announcement was a ruse to make the Buffy finale more shocking?

or is the announcement real?
Old 05-21-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't see the WB helping Buffy/UPN/FOX TV in the ruse, networks aren't usually that chummy.
Old 05-21-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by clemente
I don't see the WB helping Buffy/UPN/FOX TV in the ruse, networks aren't usually that chummy.
I wasn't thinking the announcement would have come from the network, but from people involved in both shows.....or from Whedon, etc... or from Marsters.....

but since I have no idea what Matt Roush from tvguide is talking about.....I was just throwing out my random thoughts in case someone might know what Matt Roush IS referring to......
Old 05-22-03, 12:05 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The WB announced it while they were announcing their fall schedule. I think Levin, the network president, said even said so. I can't think of any reason why the WB would announce this if it wasn't true.
Old 05-23-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrX
The WB announced it while they were announcing their fall schedule. I think Levin, the network president, said even said so. I can't think of any reason why the WB would announce this if it wasn't true.
thanks for the info.....that's encouraging news.
Old 05-23-03, 02:01 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
zap2it
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - We learned in the third season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that death isn't necessarily final for vampires with souls.

That should be good news for James Marsters. He's scheduled to join the cast of "Buffy" spinoff "Angel" next season, but when we last saw his character, the ensouled vamp Spike, in Tuesday's (May 20) "Buffy" finale, he was disintegrating after quite literally pouring his soul out to defeat the First Evil.

Jordan Levin, president of The WB Entertainment, is curious as to how Spike might be reintroduced to the world of the living.

"We're awaiting word from [creator Joss Whedon] on that as well," Levin says. "He's obviously a very creative person, and he hasn't let us down in the past. I'm sure he'll figure out a way."

Levin also confirms that other "Buffy" characters are scheduled to make appearances on "Angel" next season. However, Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia on both shows, will not return.

Although "Angel" was considered to be on the bubble to return for a fifth season, Levin says the decision to pick it up was relatively easy. The network was guided in part by the way another of its series, "Dawson's Creek," ended its run this season.

"We think it was the right thing to do for Joss, the right thing to do for the fans," he says. "'Dawson's Creek' taught us the value of being able to provide closure to a show that's been important to the audience and to the people who worked on it, including us at the network. With 'Angel,' we felt like it would have been extraordinarily abrupt to have brought it to an end, brought the whole 'Buffy' mythology to an end."

As Marsters and other "Buffy" cast members migrate to "Angel," so might some of the series' behind-the-camera talent. Whedon will devote more time to his sole remaining show next season, and Levin says The WB is negotiating deals with a handful of "Buffy" writers to move to "Angel."
Interesting that here it makes it sound like Cordelia won't be back at all.
Old 05-23-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Given how Cordy is no longer the one we know and love to hate(circa Buffy seasons 1 thru 3) , I doubt I will miss her that much.
Old 05-23-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That sucks. Even though she's different and all, Cordy was still one of my all time favorites.
Old 05-23-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Has anyone read any interviews with Charisma Carpenter about this? I would assume that with a brand new baby that she'd rather spend more time at home, but if Angel makes it one more season beyond this one would she be willing to come back then?

I hope that she'll at least make a couple more appearances to tie up that loose plot thread....
Old 05-23-03, 09:11 PM
mwj

"We think it was the right thing to do for Joss, the right thing to do for the fans," he says. "'Dawson's Creek' taught us the value of being able to provide closure to a show that's been important to the audience and to the people who worked on it, including us at the network. With 'Angel,' we felt like it would have been extraordinarily abrupt to have brought it to an end, brought the whole 'Buffy' mythology to an end."
This makes it sound like just one more season. I wonder if there is any wiggle room in this decision. Still after two disappointing seasons of Buffy, it's nice that Angel gets one more season. Maybe with only one show left Mutant Enemy can really make it count.