Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 5/13 "End of Days" - spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-03, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy 5/13 "End of Days"

It certainly picked up the pace this week, although I was expecting more of a cliffhanger ending (which is not to say I didn't like the end). I really liked the scenes between Anya and Andrew. The only thing I didn't like was how everyone just showed up at that place at the end. I had a feeling Angel would magically show up and save her. I can see Spike having followed her there, but how did Angel find her?
Old 05-12-03, 05:05 PM
Cool New Member

You should consider putting a spoiler warning in your subject or use those black bars or some people are gonna get into an uproar around here. Anyways, I thought the episode was pretty good. The Anya and Andrew parts were the best thing about the whole episode!
Old 05-12-03, 05:36 PM

As stated in the title, this thread is about the episode airing on 5/13. If you haven't already seen it you shouldn't click on it, as stated in the rules for spoilers.
Old 05-12-03, 05:40 PM

Re: Buffy 5/13 "End of Days"

Originally posted by Brian_92gsr
I can see Spike having followed her there, but how did Angel find her?
They can both track her by smell.

And Dawn just keeps getting better and better on the show (granted she had nowhere to go but up.) I hope she moves to LA next season.
Old 05-12-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Good ep. Not enough slayerette death, though..

I'm assuming W&H were the ones responsible for Angel homing in on Buffy...

Anya vs. Andrew in a wheelchair fight..

"It's all fun & games 'til someone loses an eye..."

Some things were just plain out of left field -- Dawn tasering Xander.

I find it hard to believe that next week is going to wrap everything up in ONE hour..
Old 05-12-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Brian_92gsr
As stated in the title, this thread is about the episode airing on 5/13. If you haven't already seen it you shouldn't click on it, as stated in the rules for spoilers.
Is it really that hard to insert a spoiler? Most people won't be able to see this until tomorrow night. Also, many times a thread is started about an episode before it airs with thoughts on what may happen. Since you already know in advance of most people, a spoiler is just common courtesy. You could mention a spoiler in your thread title at the least...
Old 05-12-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
It's all here in the Spoiler Thread.
A note on "XYZ-Show Date" threads. It's common practice in this forum that thread titles that consist of the show title and it's air date WILL contain spoilers, regardless of a warning in the thread title. Enter at your own risk!
Old 05-12-03, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I enjoyed the episode, the last half was much better than the first... for a while there I was worried that Buffy would be going out with a fizzle, rather than a bang...hopefully next week will totally rule.

Even though I knew Angel was going to show up, and pretty much could have predicted the exact moment, I still was cheering when he arrived... excellent.

I feel very bad for Spike and I wonder what this turn of events will have in store for his character and behaviour...
Spoiler:
especially with the news that he will be heading to Angel next season...

I hated the Dawn/Xander bit though... I was so happy when I thought Dawn was out of the way for good...then she broke out the taser...bitch.

The wheelchair fight and the Jaws reference were both pretty awesome... much better than last week, but next week better be three times as good as this...

MATT

also disappointed that more potentials didn't bite it

Last edited by mdc3000; 05-13-03 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-12-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by mdc3000
I feel very bad for Spike and I wonder what this turn of events will have in store for his character and behaviour...
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...especially since I was forcefed the news you mentioned [not by you though..].

As an aside, you might want to spoiler that since it's regarding something other than this ep.. [just in case]
Old 05-12-03, 07:06 PM
Cool New Member

I think the finale is gonna be pretty open ended with lots of the storyline still in the air. I'm hoping now that Angels been renewed for atleast one more season some of the Buffy storylines will find closure over there or maybe in a Buffy movie.
Old 05-12-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't like the episode very much. Good to see Angel back, but it is a bit weird that Buffy gave him such a warm greeting (not really weird, but her greeting was strange for an ex boyfriend after she falls for someone else).

Can't wait for the next (and last of all time) episode - partly to see what happens, partly to be able to put this series out of its misery.
Old 05-12-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Very good episode, especially in comparison to the last few. The pacing picked up 10 fold from last week. It seems almost hurried,perhaps too much, which is a shame since they basically wasted the last couple of episodes.

Best scene: Anya and Andrew. Very touching, and it's nice for Andrew to have a non-comic relief moment for once. But there were a lot of very good scenes this week.

Best Line: "Thank God we're hot chicks with super powers.", although it did end the scene awkwardly, it was a great line.

Am I the only one who kept saying to myself "Please let Kennedy be dead. Please let kennedy be dead..." for the first couple of minutes?

And word on the taser coming out of nowhere. Where the hell did that thing come from? Here Dawn is wearing skin tight jeans and a cute little top and she pulls out a taser the size of a brick. Sure it could have been sitting in the console or behind the seat, but it still seemed like a cheap trick.
Old 05-12-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Loved the ending

Spoiler:
That bitch.
Old 05-12-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never thought it would happen, but Dawn is now by far the hottest chick on Buffy.
Old 05-13-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The spoiler rules are clear, and this thread conforms. That's all I'll say on that.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. It was one of those throwbacks where every scene was packed with witty banter. It felt like with only one hour left before the big to-do, they wanted to get just one last "fun" episode in there.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of the Angel/Buffy storyline, but his return was a bit forced. I didn't mind too much, though. I mean, we all knew it was coming ... may as well have some fun with it. I agree with mdc3000 on this. It was obvious and hokey, and I still cheered. Hell, he could have flown in on a zipline, and I wouldn't have really minded.

I too don't see how they can wrap the show up in one hour and have been in somewhat of a state of shock and disbelief about it for the past few weeks. 7 years, and it's all over in one more hour. It's time, and I'm ready, but it's still difficult to wrap my mind around. Buffy has had its ups and downs, but it's always been a special show that occupied a unique spot in a predominently formulaic television landscape. It's tough to let it go.

I just hope they finish strong -- they deserve it -- and I have faith that they will. One to go ...

das
Old 05-13-03, 04:47 AM

Originally posted by movieking
Didn't like the episode very much. Good to see Angel back, but it is a bit weird that Buffy gave him such a warm greeting (not really weird, but her greeting was strange for an ex boyfriend after she falls for someone else).
C'mon give her a break. Angel was the love of her life once and her first, to most women that means a LOT, no matter what sort of relationship you're in now.
Old 05-13-03, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought this was a very good episode...and its one of those episodes you scream NOOOOOO I WANT MORE! when you see the credits roll.
Old 05-13-03, 07:52 AM

WOWEEWOWOW!!!! I couldn't wait. Had to watch it early and I am glad that I did!!!!!

So, they pulled it out after all! Somehow, deep in my bowels I knew they would. I don't care who the teleplay is credited to, that had Joss' fingerprints ALL over it. Just goes to show what this show can be with the master at the helm.

Funny, touching, exciting, funny, driven, funny.... Everyone seemed back to who they are, the characters we loved from the start. And I don't care, Angel made his triumphant return and I buy it 110%. Why the hell not. It's Angel and Buffy, together again. They just work. It's a perfect end to have that triangle back, not that Spike was inlove with her before, but the three of them were always good together.

I agree with Das, it's a little "punch-to-the-gutty" to think we're down to the last hour. That's okay. I've watched too many of my favorite shows either fizzle out [*coughX-Filescough*] or not get their proper burial at all. I'll take a little melancholy and longing over that any day.
Old 05-13-03, 08:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

I can understand spoiler concerns, because I'm pretty sure the way we usually do things is that if it hasn't been aired yet, then it should be in spoiler tags. And since Buffy is a Tuesday show (right?), then I can understand a person on Monday coming in here and wanting to chat pre-show a day early, and not expect to get the show spoiled by someone that watched the wildfeed (or whatever).
Old 05-13-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
bump for the airing for the rest of us
Old 05-13-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Great episode! Nice to see everyone playing their characters the way we love to see em.

I really do wish they hadn't shown Angel returning in the preview though. He is the only real gripe I have with the episode; he seemed a little too light hearted and in good humor when you consider all that he has been through on his own show IMO. Since it is official that Marsters will be on Angel next year, I am sure that the last scene of him watching the two kiss will be what pretty much sets the tone for his relationship with Angel next year.
Old 05-13-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I really do wish they hadn't shown Angel returning in the preview though. He is the only real gripe I have with the episode; he seemed a little too light hearted and in good humor when you consider all that he has been through on his own show IMO.
That's my only real gripe as well. Angel hasn't been that happy in a loooong time. Spoiler about the season finale of Angel:
Spoiler:
Maybe he's happy because he just saw that Connor was going to live a happy, normal life, with no memories of life growing up in a Hell dimension?

I don't see why everybody wants to call that thing a scythe. Am I crazy, or isn't that more of an axe?
Old 05-13-03, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Static Cling
I can understand spoiler concerns, because I'm pretty sure the way we usually do things is that if it hasn't been aired yet, then it should be in spoiler tags. And since Buffy is a Tuesday show (right?), then I can understand a person on Monday coming in here and wanting to chat pre-show a day early, and not expect to get the show spoiled by someone that watched the wildfeed (or whatever).
Buffy is a Monday show in Canada, which is why I always spoiler my posts, in courtesy to those of you (who make up the majority) that see it on Tuesday.
Old 05-13-03, 08:18 PM

Spoiler:
What's with Caleb being in the promo for next week? Can I not even think he's dead for than 90 seconds? Or is he the First in the finale?

I don't know if anyone knows, but it bothered me, that promo.
Old 05-13-03, 08:49 PM

I've been as critical of this season of Buffy as most people but the past couple of weeks have been building towards what I'm sure will be a rocking series end. Whedon's fingerprints may have been everywhere but it was certainly an hour that was full of what I expect from both Jane & Doug. There was funny, funny dialogue on display and how nice it was to see Giles acting a little bit like that befuddled watcher we all remember....and then to actually see a hint of warmth from Buffy towards Giles. I share das' feelings. Through thick & thin, and to be fair the show has been more thick over the years, Buffy has always been something special and I'm going to miss it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.