Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 5/13/03 - Calling

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-03, 09:18 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing Clark uses the Red Kryptonite on purpose next week. If he thinks he's not himself, he cannot become the ruler of the planet.

We'll see. Awesome episode this week.
Old 05-14-03, 09:25 AM
Banned

Spoiler:
LEX IS NOT THE LAST SON

How would another world, 18 years ago, know about lex luthor on earth? And the episode where he means reeves, doesnt he read the ship and it say you shall be ruler of men. Lex wasnt in that ship. I think your theory has too many holes.

okay not to change the subject, but what are the bases?

Im just not use to the termanology.
Old 05-14-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd guess:

1st base is tonsil hockey
2nd base is boobs.
3rd base is heavy petting
Home run is, well, you know.
Old 05-14-03, 09:59 AM

Next Episode Spoiler, from WB Website
Spoiler:
This past season found our hero pushed to his breaking point - with deadly results. Under the intoxicating influence of red kryptonite, Clark roars away from Smallville toward Metropolis, leaving love-struck Lana behind. Clark can run, but his birth father, Jal-el, will ensure he can't escape his true identity. Destiny awaits Clark, as it does Lex Luthor - who, trapped in his Learjet, tumbles toward certain death in the ocean below.

Link to WB spoiler
Old 05-14-03, 10:02 AM
Banned

wtf is heavy petting?

like hj? or fooling around? or bj?

WTF!

the minute the man o steel p@ps his cherry im going to quit watching.
Old 05-14-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never liked Chloe, and seeing her stalking Clark and Lana this episode sealed my hatred towards her character. Isn't it time for her to die? That should be a rule: weed out the most annoying character each season. We got rid of Whitney after season one, so it's time for Chloe to go.

I do have a question about the red kryptonite: does the green kryptonite have an effect on Clark in that state? I can't recall if they tried it in the past, but if it makes in invulnerable to green kryptonite, and his enemies (the Luthors) have plenty of it, and they plan on trying to kill him still, it would make sense to do the red kryptonite as an alternative to staying alive.

Lex would be the last son if something happened to his brother. I think it's clear that Clark isn't going to rule the world, but Lex will. It's quite possible he's reading the writings wrong, that he's still learning the language. Or he jumped to conclusions.

And, breaux124, I take it you missed the episode where Lex showed his girlfriend the room where he had all that stuff on Clark.
Old 05-14-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
yes, green kryptonite still weakens him, that how they stopped him the first time he got exposed to red kryptonite
Old 05-14-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
wtf is heavy petting?

Like a warm apple pie.
Old 05-14-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

tasted by your fingers...
Old 05-14-03, 03:40 PM
Banned

Someguy posted this on aicn, just a theroy,

Did it come to any of you !=cker's attention that Lionel wanted Dr. Krispy's hand because he can now clone the f@$! out of it? That only gives credence to the thought that Dr. Walden was to (and possibly still will) become Brainiac.

Ok, so Lex clones Clark with clarks blood, hence bizarro.

The girl becomes supergirl, or the flash whatever.

And now the dr. becomes brainaic.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
Old 05-14-03, 03:42 PM
Banned

Another theory is that the messages arent from Jor El, but from brainiac.
Old 05-14-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lionel wanted the hand because it had the symbols seared into the palm.
Old 05-14-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The speculation about Lex was the only thing that came into my mind about the prediction. I don't think it was supposed to be that subtle of an allusion.

If you saw the teaser for next week then you know the writers aren't arbitrarily bringing out the red kryptonite, but using it with a purpose, which is cool by me.

Now if we want to talk annoying characters, if I have to see the Lana "agonzing/crying" face one more time I'm going to punch a hole in my TV. I know its not going to happen, but every episode I wish Clark gets there a second to late and she dies....horribly...and painfully.

But kudos to the Smallville team, this episode was great, it had a lot of great moments and was loaded with plot, which is cool...if next week weren't the finale and we'd be stuck all summer wondering what happened in the tornado.
Old 05-14-03, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
Someguy posted this on aicn, just a theroy,

Did it come to any of you !=cker's attention that Lionel wanted Dr. Krispy's hand because he can now clone the f@$! out of it? That only gives credence to the thought that Dr. Walden was to (and possibly still will) become Brainiac.

Ok, so Lex clones Clark with clarks blood, hence bizarro.

The girl becomes supergirl, or the flash whatever.

And now the dr. becomes brainaic.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
I thought the Doctor was going to be come the Eradicator.

"The Eradicator is the physical manifestation of the Eradicator Program, which is one of the last surviving relics of Krypton. Once activated on Earth, it is the one that constructed the original Fortress of Solitude. When it did, it tried to get Clark to return to his Kryptonian herritage, and forget Earth's. When Clark's family and friends (mostly his parents) stepped in the Eradicator Program tried to kill them, and Clark snapped out of whatever hold the program had on him. He nearly destroyed it afterward."
Old 05-14-03, 09:46 PM
Banned

Anyone else hope clark gets beat to a bloddy pulp?

Not to be sinical, but to show some character weakness would really be a change.

Anything is possible I imagine. THe dr. could become brainiac, no one, eridicator or whatever. Everyones guess is as good as mine.

I thought the eridicator was the evil man o steel after the death of superman saga. The dude with the red shades.

Old 05-15-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those kids in Smallville really must have nothing better to do than driving all the way out to the Kent farm just on the off-chance that Clark is actually in so they can talk to him for 1 minute and then leave. Doesn't anyone own a phone in that town?
Old 05-15-03, 01:33 PM
Banned

No
Old 05-15-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 173 Posts
So.... when does he get THIS classic mid-1990's Superman outfit?