Angel 05/07/03 Season Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 05/07/03 Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-03, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was Fred's guide the same guy that played the vamp Buffy was talking to in Conversations with Dead People? I really liked him in both episodes and hope he shows up again.

I thought it was a great end to the season, and would have worked if the show wasn't renewed. I remain confident the final two episodes of Buffy will make up for the rest of the season, but so far this seasons blown Buffy away.
Old 05-07-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Brian_92gsr •<HR SIZE=1>Was Fred's guide the same guy that played the vamp Buffy was talking to in Conversations with Dead People? I really liked him in both episodes and hope he shows up again.<HR SIZE=1>

Yeah, same guy. I agree ... excellent job in both roles.

das
Old 05-08-03, 12:02 AM

So will Cordelia ever know she gave birth to Jasmine? If W&H wiped out everyone's memory of Connor, wouldn't Cordy not have any memory of having sex with him??

All and all an interesting episode, and it looks like this show may turn into a CSI-type show with Vampires and Demons.
Old 05-08-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I really hope this show comes back for another season, this episode was great, and sets a lot up for another season *fingers crossed* heres hoping
Old 05-08-03, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
At the risk of sounding nerdy, Amy Acker is probably the cutest little thing on TV! Hope this isn't the last time to see her.
she may be the cutest but Stephanie Romanov is just about the sexiest. I hope this means regular status for her next season. Well, I guess all the Conner haters can rejoice. He never really existed. Angel sure carries a lot of memories that no one else does. His perfect day with Buffy, his son....tough being a vampire with a soul. I saw that Tim Minear is leaving ME..too bad because tonight's episode was as strong an episode as we saw this season. Wrapping up loose ends and moving things to the the new status quo. He even had me curious as to what is the deal with Gunn and the big cat. Maybe T'Challa is taking residence next season on Angel. Anyway....see you guys next fall.
Old 05-08-03, 12:43 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I liked this episode alot.

Looks like we'll get a break from Conner for at least part of next season hopefully. I'm sure he'll be back though.

I wonder what's up with Cordy. Wanda, er Kristen, over at E! said it's not for sure Charisma will be back next year and leaving her in a coma the last month of the season certainly doesn't make it a sure thing she'll be back. Didn't she leave for a bit last year too?

I'm glad they gave Angel a rason to go back to Sunnydale instead of showing up out of the blue.
Old 05-08-03, 05:49 AM
Needs to provide a working email

So, did Lilah give spoiler material on next week's Buffy to Angel? She said something about (paraphrasing here) "while they were talking 6 innocent people died in Sunnydale". Does that mean that 6 potentials were killed in the explosion?
Old 05-08-03, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Does that mean that 6 potentials were killed in the explosion?
I hope so, and I hope one was Kennedy......
Old 05-08-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seems like Gunn did get a power boost with his time with the black panther. The only problem is that Gunn probably had to sign away his soul in perpetuity (like Lilah).

I thought Stephanie Romanov was looking a little rough (facially), perhaps age is just taking its toll.

Amy Acker's eyes are her prettiest features, plus she's got quite a nice backside package. She reminds me of a cute live action anime character.
Old 05-08-03, 07:59 AM

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
So, did Lilah give spoiler material on next week's Buffy to Angel? She said something about (paraphrasing here) "while they were talking 6 innocent people died in Sunnydale". Does that mean that 6 potentials were killed in the explosion?
Come on! Some of us haven't seen this week's episode of Buffy yet! Please, only talk about Angel in the Angel thread, or use properly titled spoilers. Sheesh ...

Last edited by Morf; 05-08-03 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-08-03, 08:31 AM

GREAT GREAT ending!!!! I couldn't be happier, frankly. The writing on this show continually blows me away. Great job of giving us a non-cliffhanger cliffhanger... you know, just incase. But I would say they are feeling pretty confident. I had no idea where they were going to go with this whole "new direction" Joss kept talking about but I like it! It's a great idea because we are already set up to be totally in the dark about where ANYONE of Angel Co. stands now. We could see evil in characters we currently love. Sooooo many possibilities.

A few things:
-I gaurantee Conner is gone. I can't see him coming back or needing to.
-We may never hear about Jasmine again, but it will be interesting to see Cordy once she awakens and what she remembers.
-The payoff for the crossover to Buffy was great and believable. If anyone knows how to defeat The First or anything about it it would be W&H.
-Lorne gave me cause to be suspicious over almost everyone... well, Gunn too.

BIG BIG BIG !!!!!
Old 05-08-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I really enjoyed this episode. The first half of this season was extremely rocky, but I've really felt like things have just been ratcheting up a notch every episode. Unlike Buffy, which has been floundering it's way towards a demise.

This is a huge development for Angel. Very few shows take risks with the characters, because they may end up "writing themselves into a corner." I mean, with all of W&H's resources behind them, their day to day crimie fighting will seem a little silly. But I have faith that the writers will be able to handle it and take things in a new direction.

I am very satisfied with the "end" of the Connor storyline. Not sure how everyone's memories will be filled, but the kid had it pretty rough, and it's nice to see him have an actual "family." As far as rushing the ending and turning Connor evil too quickly, I didn't get that impression. He has hard dark moments all season long (killing the girl for Cordelia, for one) so this wasn't a big surprise to see that he had basically blown a gasket. So I was nice to see things wrap up for him.

What happened with Gunn? Someone might have some new powers or a new role next season.

Loved the Watcher's Council talk. Nice to see a little Buffy continuity brought into play.

And finally, I actually know the woman who played Lacey (Gunn's guide.) She is the best friend of the wife of one of MY best friends. I was in a wedding with her last year. She's kind of a bitch But I've gotten all sorts of gossip from the set...it's funny to hear about the cast behind the scenes.

Last edited by Draven; 05-08-03 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-08-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I feel like an idiot, but can someone explain exactly what happened with Conner?

Angel slit his throat, then no one but Angel knew he ever existed, and then he was alive and living with some family somewhere.

I feel like I missed something.
Old 05-08-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally posted by GoVegan
I feel like an idiot, but can someone explain exactly what happened with Conner?

Angel slit his throat, then no one but Angel knew he ever existed, and then he was alive and living with some family somewhere.

It wasn't explicitly stated, but I assume that Angel made a deal with Lilah (his "here is how it's going to be" speech.) That's how he got to the scene so quickly (teleporting or something, I assume.) He looked pretty upset the entire fight. I am assuming the deal was that Angel would "kill" Connor and he would be installed into a new family. That's the only reason Angel would join W&H, if they helped his son.

Again, it's speculation, but there were enough little hints that I am fairly confident this is what happened.
Old 05-08-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GoVegan

I think W&H were able to pull a "redo" for Connor ala Dawn. Rewrite everyones memory (except Angel) so Connor can lead a nice, quite, normal life. Hopefully taking his powers away, so we never hear from him again!

Edit: somebody beat me to it!
Old 05-08-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw Angel with a knife but I never saw what he cut. They gave the impression that he killed Connor to put him out of his misery but he may have just disabled the bomb, pack up the kid, and set up a different life, a family, for him with no knowledge of his true past using W&H abilities. I don't think Cordy will remember anything of 'Bad Cordy' because I don't think she came back from being a 'higher being'. Wes is getting greater with each year. It's like he and Rupert are all that are left of 'field' Watchers.
Old 05-08-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Ok, thanks, both of you. I guess I didn't realize that W&H had the power to do something like that. Before this year, I'd only seen maybe three episodes in the first season of Angel, so I wasn't exactly that familiar with the firm.

Maybe they should have had one of those Buffy-like, 10 minute long "previously on" introductions for people like me who've mainly only seen episodes this season, although I'm glad they didn't, since I'll be picking up the DVD sets when they come out.
Old 05-08-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gunn definitely received some sort of powers from the panther. Fred's line about him looking taller leads me to believe something has changed about him.
Old 05-08-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great finale

Best line had to be Lorn's: "I know this is an evil limousine but can you at least refresh the champagne" (or something like that)

With more power and more resources, I suppose that this means that the evil bad guys will get more powerful and vicious too. I'm looking forward to see what they do with all of the W/H resources and if Wesley becomes a necrophiliac.
Old 05-08-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, the new Wolfram & Hart looks like SD-6!
Old 05-08-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
A brilliant episode to close out a brilliant season. I thought this was one of the best seasons of a tv show ever. A+
Old 05-08-03, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by joefrog91
Gunn definitely received some sort of powers from the panther. Fred's line about him looking taller leads me to believe something has changed about him.
Yes, I think you are right. For some reason, (and this is pure speculation), I have a feeling that Gunn is going to be a baddie next season. Who knows? Bring on the next season!
Old 05-08-03, 10:24 AM

When Angel opened the limousine door I burst out laughing. That was f'ing funny. That blasting techno music...hilarious.
Old 05-08-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, they have pretty much glossed-over Red & Gunn's relationship/break-up. Kind of odd that they were built up as so in love earlier this season and now she doesn't even blink when he flirts with other women in front of her.

It seems like an odd way to handle it.
Old 05-08-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
Wow, the new Wolfram & Hart looks like SD-6!
Funny - I was thinking it looked a lot like a set from the Shelley Long travesty Hello Again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.