Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 05/06/03

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by leepyswetr
He came after her with a gun. It was certainly self-defense. Plus, Jack will take care of it. He's obviously not very "low on the food chain," despite Lady McPalmer's claim.
He was NOT coming at her with a gun when she shot him. He had no gun by that point. Look, I don't know much, but as an attorney I do know the law on justifiable homicide and self-defense, and this was not "certainly self-defense." AGAIN and finally (1) She could have just left instead of talking on the phone, (2) he was just barely moving when she shot and killed him, (3) she had a gun and he had just been knocked unconscious, so she had options other than killing him. You want the guy dead? Fine, so did I. You think she could fudge her story a bit and get off free? Considering the circumstances that's a very likely scenario. All I am saying is that legally there are serious problems with a claim of pure "self-defense" under these particular facts.
Old 05-07-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It can be argued that the first shot was self-defense, but the second one was definitely not.

Here's another question: Kim saw the father, and ran into the bedroom. He followed her and wasn't more than 5 or 6 seconds behind her. How did she pull down the attic ladder, climb up, and then pull the ladder up behind her, without making a sound, in that short time?
Plus, it's been mentioned already that there's no way she would even be there. "Yes, Miss Bauer, we are indeed looking for the guy who killed his wife and stuffed her in the trunk, but you do need your unmentionables, so go right on in his house. Don't worry, I'll be waiting out here for ya!"

Just nitpicks though, this show is very exciting for the most part. It drags a little, but I'm a child of the 80's so my attention span isn't where it should be.

Honk!
Old 05-07-03, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it was self-defense.
Old 05-07-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm...all this self-defense talk has me thinking. Season 3 - Kim is in an all female prison. Oh yeah!

**chunka chunka wow wow**
Old 05-07-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Well, plausibility was never this shows strong suit. The torture/rescucitation bit was especially hard to swallow. That said, it's still fun. I certainly liked the Kim killing scene. I wouldn't be that worried about the self defense angle : Kim was confronted by a murderer who was threatening her. She got his gun and she was in danger. It's not a big deal to me.
They sure have a lot of loose ends to tie up in 2 hours; it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

BTW: Am I the only one who's distracted by how much Carrie at CTU looks like Vanessa, Freddie's wife on 6FU? I had to check in the IMDB to make sure they weren't the same person.
Old 05-07-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Decker

BTW: Am I the only one who's distracted by how much Carrie at CTU looks like Vanessa, Freddie's wife on 6FU? I had to check in the IMDB to make sure they weren't the same person.
Yes. Distracted in a VERY GOOD WAY
Old 05-08-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
Yes. Distracted in a VERY GOOD WAY
Yeah, they are both hot, but since one is a kiss-up uber-bitch and the other is a manic-depressive, they don't do a lot for me (but Vanessa was certainly ready to party on last week's episode, wasn't she).
Old 05-10-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't mind the plot streching at all.

I was bored for about half the season and now it's
finally getting interesting for me.

It's still a great show with more suspense than I can
remember on network tv.

I still miss Nina Meyers. I liked Xander Berkeley as well.
Old 05-10-03, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by shaggybrown
Why exactly, are Apple computers so prominent in Television and in the movies anyways?
as a diehard mac addict, the simple answer is because they are better. (that is a whole nother thread). really though, i would imagine it's because apple computers look so much cooler than boring old pc's. seriously. that and because steve jobs is really smart with product placement.
Old 05-10-03, 09:51 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75
as a diehard mac addict, the simple answer is because they are better. (that is a whole nother thread). really though, i would imagine it's because apple computers look so much cooler than boring old pc's. seriously. that and because steve jobs is really smart with product placement.
That may have been true some time ago, but no longer. Besides, with MS leading the way so strongly, why aren't there more MS product placements in TV shows? As shaggybrown intimated, wathing tv would lead you to believe that most people use macs. That just ain't so.
Old 05-11-03, 11:34 PM

The second season of 24 took a huge hit when it comes to realism and the various hardships that Jack has gone through so far the torture and near death scene were pretty hard to swallow although I did enjoy the ironic twist that Miss Palmer getting stabbed since she is well known for backstabbing people to accomplish her own agenda and that Jack ignoring her pleas for help to chase after the audio engineer. I just hope when all is said and done that Mike gets his for his betrayal and that heads will roll.