Reload this Page >

Boston Public (04/28)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public (04/28)

Old 04-29-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts
Boston Public (04/28)

Kind of a crappy episode. Noticed a big continuity error. Marcy was clearly showing her pregnancy. Apparently the rules at Boston Public are "if you show, you go". Well, Guber was thinking of challenging that but Harper seemed to tell him it wasn't worth the fight. So now she's showing, and yet she's still in school. What's up with that?
Old 04-29-03, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would assume that the fight was fought and won and didn't seem that important to include. Plus I think they needed to have her have the baby before the end of the season, and if they had included an episode with that storyline in it then she would not be showing in one episode then the next episode she would be like 8 months pregnant. So you have to suspend your disbelief
Old 04-29-03, 12:38 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The Danny story is the only thing interesting right now. I find it hard to believe that if his sister is that big a crackhead the kid wouldn't have been taken a long time ago.

Aisha's dad took the easy way out of not having to listen to the music on this show. I hope Tamyra isn't back again next year.
Old 04-29-03, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd still be surprised if this show got renewed.

Wasn't too crazy about Tamyra's acting in this episode.

Marcy was huge in some scenes, not so huge in other scenes.

What is with Youngling #1? Ronnie's running out of storylines, can't have Guber pissed at her for the rest of the series, can you?

I miss Lipshitz in this episode.

Danny's subplot is a no-win situation.

We needed more of the blonde girl with the nice rack (ran for class president in one of th last couple of episodes, I think).
Old 04-29-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't know why I tune in for this show, Oh yeah the Blonde with the nice rack that was in Star Trek....

The shows are very uneven. I agree with the comments about Tamara's dad, I could do without the singing or her "acting."

I also find it odd that Marcy shows up all of a sudden huge and in a baby ed class. Clearly they were showing her as still working for guber and yet we don't see her for months then she's back and bigger than ever. WTH?
Old 04-29-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
I love having Replay TV to watch this show. I just quick-skip over the Tamara parts - acting + singing.
Old 04-29-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
The Danny story is the only thing interesting right now. I find it hard to believe that if his sister is that big a crackhead the kid wouldn't have been taken a long time ago.
My feelings last night exactly. Only good sub-plot that was in the ep. I also would have thought child services would have tried to find that little girl a long time ago.
Old 04-29-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

God this show wont just die, it has to take its audience with it. Luckily only two (2) more episodes for this season and then peace and quite. Oh wait we have Whitney "Im a crack head" Houston making her first acting appearance in twelve (12) years. Damn it!

I was a huge fan of this show, anticipating all the new episodes on Monday at 8, but this show is getting bad. Last season, a number of networks really pissed me off with their cancellations, but this time around Ill be glad to see some go.
Old 04-29-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
Last season, a number of networks really pissed me off with their cancellations, but this time around Ill be glad to see some go.
Particularly on FOX
Old 05-01-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Per Patman's request here you go . Court Peldon is 21 years old.
Old 05-02-03, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have started to catch up on my reading while watching this show. This show doesn't require much of my attention to watch, so now I just have it on in the background while I read. I can follow the plot even when I'm focused on doing something else.