Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ed 4/11 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ed 4/11

ok, folks. hopefully, this will not be the last weekly ed thread, so turn off the phone, ignore everything and watch ed tonight!! please!!

actually i have a good feeling about this. the move to friday nights has seemingly been the exact opposite of what we all thought it would be.

who will ed choose? hmmmm... we will find out in about 12 hours.
Old 04-11-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Is tonight the last ED ever?

AICN seems to think so... That's one of their headlines in the TV section today... "The Last ED Ever!!!" Here's a quote:

"The big question: will the producers bring us closure by putting Ed and Carol together at last, or will they [...] simply set up a fourth season that we will never see?"

Last edited by adamblast; 04-11-03 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-11-03, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's hope so
Old 04-11-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You, Mr. Pants, are a poo-poo head.
Meanwhile...
Old 04-11-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's a sobering thought. I hope the improved ratings since the schedule change will keep it alive.

Then again, they could use the hour for "The Most Talented Dog in America", or "Pick Me a Husband, I Have Leprosy".

Honk!
Old 04-11-03, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would love to see it back, but I really doubt it will return.
Old 04-11-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess we'll never see how skinny Mark gets, then...
Old 04-11-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by adamblast
I guess we'll never see how skinny Mark gets, then...
If NBC cancels the show, despite very good reviews, winning its new time period easily (especially among 18-49), and such loyal fan support, then Mark should get the stomach procedure reversed and go back to eating everything in sight. Because what's the point in being skinny and healthy in a world without Ed?
Old 04-11-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't WAIT for Ed.
He better choose Carol or I will drive out to Burbank and head-butt whatever LAME exec is responsible for him NOT choosing Carol.
Now I need to find out who that is.....
Old 04-11-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no doubt in my mind that he will choose Carol. I think that Frankie is going to end up back with Leo...or whatever her ex's name is...
Old 04-11-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by minifigg
I can't WAIT for Ed.
He better choose Carol or I will drive out to Burbank and head-butt whatever LAME exec is responsible for him NOT choosing Carol.
Now I need to find out who that is.....

Would that be Brandon Tartikoff? Or is he already gone?
Old 04-11-03, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He is gone in more ways than one...
Old 04-11-03, 08:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
So, Carol it is.

God, I hope this show returns for a 4th season.
Old 04-11-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Geofferson
God, I hope this show returns for a 4th season.
i completely and totally agree. this is my absolute favorite show on tv and has been since the first episode on sunday night way back when. although some might complain that they threw the whole ed/carol resolution thing together too quickly, i kinda consider it payback for the dragging out of the carol/dennis storyline that went on waaaaayyyyy too long. should there have been some focus on others in the past few weeks? maybe, but this show has always been about ed...and carol. she is the reason he came back. period. ed (the show) is always at its best when ed (the character) and carol are together for whatever reason. and while the past few weeks may seem rushed, if that is what it takes for nbc to pick this show up for a 4th season then it is worth it. it would be bad enough to lose this show to begin with, but to lose it to a fad like 'reality tv' would be absolutely criminal.

anyway, i thought it was a good show. i won't say ending until the final decision comes (as i cross my fingers and think good thoughts). while the whole mike thing came outta nowhere (the college girl was HOT!!), i think that maybe there were just trying to fill something in knowing that the only thing that mattered was ed and carol.

nbc....BRING BACK ED!!!!
Old 04-11-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Woo I actually got a little teary eyed. My only complaint is if this is Cheswick's Senior year I wanted to see him graduate. Maybe next season he will still be a senior and we will get to see all of that but, Justin Long is 25. Well Tom Welling is 26 and in high school on Smallville. This ranks as one of my top five Ed episodes.
Old 04-11-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode, and a fitting end for the show, if it is the end. The creators of the show have said that they would never have Ed and Carol get together, so that probably isn't a good sign.

I liked the Mike and Nancy storyline as well. Nice to see that Mike stays committed to Nancy (who is the hottest chick in Stuckeyville, IMO).

What's up with Molly's man (I can't remember his name....Biff from BTTF)? No word about that storyline for a few weeks...
Old 04-11-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope Ed does get renewed, but I'm pretty much fed up with the writing on the show (which is a testament to the actors). I am in the camp that wishes this season would have played itself out without pressure to tie things up in case the show got cancelled.

My hope is that NBC picks up the show and the writers give us a good season next year.
Old 04-11-03, 10:23 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
No 10$ bet But damn those flashbacks to the first few episodes had me. The 3rd season overall was ho-hum, but the past 2 or 3 episodes have definately pulled the slack, especially tonights episode.
Old 04-11-03, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I hope I am wrong, but didn't this "season" finale sure feel a heck of alot like a series finale??? Say it ain't so.........

Dennis
Old 04-11-03, 11:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a great episode. Best Shirley episode, too, in my opinion, for that one scene with her and the "ship" quote with Eli. The flashbacks were a nice touch, too, although that'd be the perfect thing to do for a series finale. I reeeeeeeally hope this isn't it, though. The writers have written a good couple (Mike and Nancy) who have stayed together for the past three years... here's to hoping they are given the same opportunity to write for Ed and Carol.

Bye, Frankie.
Old 04-11-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I want to personally guarantee to all of you that ED will be back next season.

Great episode. The beginning of the 4th season we'll get to see the reaction of Molly, Mike, and Nancy. That will be sweet.

I told my wife that the blonde girl was hot just before Mike told Nancy. I totally empathize with Mike there. But it's not only dealing with missing a time when there was little responsibility, but men just miss having sex with college age women. The feeling is in all of us.

That's why I never go down by the college. I won't even open the door when the girls come around selling cookies.
Old 04-12-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by dolphinboy
I want to personally guarantee to all of you that ED will be back next season.
I'm going to hold you to that guarantee.

"Mike, 10 bucks if you have sex with that drunken college girl."

Great episode. Good to see all the characters in there, especially Dr. Jerome. Even though its future has not yet been decided (as far as we know), it had a certain finality to it.

Honk!
Old 04-12-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I'm going to hold you to that guarantee.

"Mike, 10 bucks if you have sex with that drunken college girl."

Great episode. Good to see all the characters in there, especially Dr. Jerome. Even though its future has not yet been decided (as far as we know), it had a certain finality to it.

Honk!
Hey, I wrote that I WANT to personally guarantee you, I didn't write that I COULD.

I hope people are reading too much into this having the feeling of being the series finale. Maybe this was how they decided to leave things because they didn't know, rather than them kind of knowing from NBC already and just keeping it quiet for now.

With even the possibility of the show not being picked up, I think they might have chosen a way to tie things up, yet leave the door open to all the plotlines that remain if it comes back. That's what I'm going to tell myself.

I do think it will be back, but I'm only 52.3 % sure right now. They moved it for a reason and if it wins again tonight (which it will), I think it's just ridiculously sad if they don't pick it up. Why move a show and ask it to do better and win, then it does, and then can it? Freaks and Geeks was WAY too good to be cancelled too, but I don't think it ever got the ratings they hoped for (not trying to defend the spineless pinheads that made the decision though).

Ed did.
Old 04-12-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i am traditionally an optimist, but i have a scary feeling.. a premonition, shall we call it..

i see the execs seeing this "season finale" and saying, "hey, they tied things up nicely. why should we renew this when they've capped it off so nicely? i mean, if we renew it, they'll have to go and mess up this nice, sweet ending. AND we'll just have to give them the same thing next year when the ratings have sunk to new low because we've moved it to thursday night against CSI."

i'm very scared. i love this show. LOVE it. but i have a feeling that this ending just ended the show for us.
-di doctor-
Old 04-12-03, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by DrRingDing
i see the execs seeing this "season finale" and saying, "hey, they tied things up nicely. why should we renew this when they've capped it off so nicely? i mean, if we renew it, they'll have to go and mess up this nice, sweet ending. AND we'll just have to give them the same thing next year when the ratings have sunk to new low because we've moved it to thursday night against CSI."
I certainly hope that, should that come up, the people behind Ed can say, "No! See, we have all this stuff planned out for after Ed and Carol hook up! It's not over!", because I'm sort of scared that Ed and Carol are going to become Ross and Rachel. On, off, on again, off again, are they in love still? Are they not? Is there anybody left who cares?

I'd rather see the show go out now than have two or three seasons of 'Crap, we hooked them up, what do we do now?!?!?' I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but it's what I'm afraid of.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.