Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol - 4/8/2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?
Carmen Rasmusen
14.89%
Clay Aiken
19.15%
Joshua Gracin
8.51%
Kimberly Caldwell
4.26%
Kimberly Locke
2.13%
Rickey Smith
8.51%
Ruben Studdard
46.81%
Trenyce
8.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol - 4/8/2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My thoughts:

Clay - I am less and less entertained by him every week. Put him on Broadway, cuz that is where that voice belongs. Had no emotion on what should have been an emotionally driven song.

Rickey - He always sings his songs too high for my liking. Didn't particularly like last night either.

Trenyce - Fine vocals, she just lacks in everything else. I don't like her look, her attitude, etc.

Ruben - He was head and shoulders above everyone else last night, IMO. I know a lot of people say this after all of his performances, but I consider myself to be impartial, and I really thought that he blew everyone else away

Kimberly Locke - Good job, but like Trenyce, I just don't like her very much.

Josh - A MUCH Better job than last week, but his voice doesn't really impress me much.

Kimberly Caldwell - When I hear that she was going to do a Bryan Adams song, I thought that it was a good choice, since they both have raspy voices, but she sung this song flat. Not a good performance at all.

Carmen - Cute chick, but another really flat performance. It was like she sleepwalked through it.

My picks for the bottom three: Carmen, Ricky, and Trenyce, with Carmen getting the boot.

IMO, there is no way that Ruben will not win this contest. LAst year, I thought that there were two viable candidates - Kelly and Tamyra, but this year, I don't think that anyone is in Ruben's league. It will come down to Ruben, Clay, and Josh, with Ruben winning handsdown.
Old 04-09-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Did you guys think Josh was really that great? Maybe it's just my ignorance of country music, but I thought he was one of the worst, and was really surprised that the judges pretty much universally praised him.

I agree with the judges, though: some weird song choices. Kimberly C's choice in particular was strange. It should've been one of the best shows in the competition, since they had a ton of songs to choose from and most have probably been singing these billboard songs for most of their lives (not professionally, but in the car, etc.). So they should know what songs match their register, etc.

I actually though Ruben did an outstanding job last night, though I've thought in the past the judges gave him too much praise. And it's almost a lock that Carmen is gone, especially if she was the bottom last week. I thought Trenyce and Kimberly L., the other members of the bottom three last week, did a good job last night.
Old 04-09-03, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's the thing. If the voting was as lopsided for the top 2-3 contestants, you have to wonder who'll be scooping up the votes as more and more contestants are jettisoned.

BTW, it was nice to see Julia in the crowd as well. Miss the bod, not the singing, though.
Old 04-09-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by waporvare

Kim C.-Major skank that thinks she deserves to win each week. Most likely to be in Playboy.

That's too f-u-cking funny waporvare! I've been ripping this girl to shreds since she first slithered on the show. But "skank" is definitely the word that's most fitting. Her self esteem is through the roof. Which is fine normally. But her smugness level eclipses that. I can't stand the girl. And if there is any justice, she'll be gone soon.
Old 04-09-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know how secure Kim C thinks she might be. Afterall, she's been one of the bottom 3 a few times.
Old 04-09-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Yeah, but Nikki was bottom 3 on nearly every single show last season.

BTW, what happened to that ex-Idol contestant who was supposed to show us what goes on inside the house? I know those clips usually come on the results show, but I don't remember seeing her last week.
Old 04-09-03, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen her since she announced she was going to be staying with the contestants. Maybe there has been a lot of fighting and backstabbing going on in the house and they don't want to show it. I am sure there has been a lot of discussion about Trenyce's past arrest, Corey's legal trouble, Josh staying with the show instead of doing his job, and then there is the whole Julia and Kim C. situation.
Old 04-09-03, 04:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm so tired of Josh singing with his phoney country accent!

Ruben's going to win this competition though, so it doesn't really matter. If Clay beats out Ruben, you know the show's fixed.
Old 04-09-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

6 votes for Carmen as the best singer last night?!?

You guys aren't voted with your big head but your little head.
Old 04-09-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On Entertainment Tonight, Paula Abdul had Lionel Richie on the set. He said that he was stunned about what Simon said, and wondered if he should attack him or just forget about it. He said that now that he knows how Simon likes to play, he would like to come back to say somethings about Simon.
Old 04-09-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, he narrows it down to Clay and Ruben as to who is going to win.
Old 04-09-03, 05:30 PM

I liked Ruben the best again.

I will be happy to see either Kim C or Carmen go tonight.

BTW, I thought it was weird that in the summary flashback, some of the clips were not from last night's on-air performance. Ricky was wearing glasses in his clip, and Ruben had added a "babe" at the end of his closing line. Guess it was from rehearsal or something.
Old 04-09-03, 05:47 PM

Too tired to comment on all the singers, individually, but I definitely thought that Kimberly C. and Carmen did the worst job out of all the singers. I'm not as impressed with Ruben as so many are but I can see how he tops out everyone else's performance and become the next American Idol. Thank goodness he dropped the muumuus... they made him look sloppy and even bigger than he already is.

As a side note, I heard on the radio today that the Top 12 was supposed to do a singing tour but Vanessa Olivarez was not invited to come along. She called into a radio station here in Atlanta and said on the air that AI won't tell her over the phone why she's not invited and is waiting on an email explanation instead. Odd thing is Vanessa said that only the Top 11 will go on this tour... so does this mean that Corey Clark is joining up with the group again?

Has anyone else heard the scoop on this?
Old 04-09-03, 06:07 PM
Banned

I think only the top 10 will go on a big tour.

Vanessa and Charles signed on for a Coca-Cola mall tour with some of the AI 1 contestants ( Jim,EJay,Rj, some others ).

As for what happened to Kristin Holt, the girl who was supposed to give us the gossips from inside the mansion, it seems she's been fired for some reasons.
Old 04-09-03, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by big whoppa
6 votes for Carmen as the best singer last night?!?

You guys aren't voted with your big head but your little head.
The little head's opinions matter too
Old 04-09-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
On Entertainment Tonight, Paula Abdul had Lionel Richie on the set. He said that he was stunned about what Simon said, and wondered if he should attack him or just forget about it. He said that now that he knows how Simon likes to play, he would like to come back to say somethings about Simon.
Although I didn't watch ET, Lionel must have been kidding. Simon looked like he was smiling after he said "Endless Love" sucked.
Old 04-09-03, 07:19 PM

Arrrrghhh... I'm at work and don't have a tv. What's happening on AI???
Old 04-09-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kelly Clarkson just sang Miss Independent. Who the hell did her hair?
Old 04-09-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Could it be any more obvious that that was originally a Christina Aguilera song?
Old 04-09-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

really?
Old 04-09-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Something like that - I think it was "intended" for her... I dunno, it sounded like one of her songs, but she still sounded pretty good.
Old 04-09-03, 07:53 PM

Both Kims are in the bottom 3 so far.
Old 04-09-03, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WOOOOHOOOOOO... Carmen is safe
DVD Talk Hero

I would absolutely love to see Ricky voted off the island.

But why do I know that Caldwell is gone? (Tho the only remainder from last weeks show is Locke.) Makes me sad, she was some really damn fine eye candy.

Was it just me, or did Ricky look pissed?

Last edited by RichC2; 04-09-03 at 07:58 PM.

Where is mcbg1 to defend Kelly? That's his girl!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.