Reload this Page >

80's tv shows help questions.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-08-03, 10:15 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Can someone tell me the name of the show where government agents enlisted ordinary citizens for their operations?

2. I was young when these ended- how did Knightrider, Greatest American Hero, and Misfits of Science all end?

3. Hardest question: There was a show on TV, I believe it was science based, the only thing I can remember was these kids popped out of the water and the first thing they saw was a lighthouse out in the distant (it was dark out), I believe they were transported some where and it is not Land of the Lost either. Thats all I remember.
Old 04-08-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 80's tv shows help questions.

Originally posted by themovieguru
3. Hardest question: There was a show on TV, I believe it was science based, the only thing I can remember was these kids popped out of the water and the first thing they saw was a lighthouse out in the distant (it was dark out), I believe they were transported some where and it is not Land of the Lost either. Thats all I remember.
I don't remember lighthouses (more of a pyramid-type setting), but could this be Otherworld?

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0088587

I dunno... maybe not.

As for the ending of Knight Rider, I don't believe the show itself had any sort of 'ending'. (It was simply cancelled.) But they continued the show in several TV movies, which created an ending (and new beginning) of sorts:

Knight Rider 2000: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102227
Knight Rider 2010: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0110273
...and the short-lived 'Team Knight Rider': http://us.imdb.com/Title?0127398
Old 04-08-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREATEST AMERICAN HERO had no ending when it first aired, but a quich Google search on "greatest american hero episode guide" gave me the following info about a show that aired 3 years later, and served as a finale

The Greatest American Heroine
gs: Mary Ellen Stuart (Holly Hathaway) Mya Skerling (Sara Hathaway) John A. Zee (Alien) Jeffrey Markel (Timothy) Jerry Potter () Wayne Grace ()

Well, it looks like this is the end, but don't miss our next--O.K, O.K, we missed it. This episode was aired three years after the finale of our show. I have it on tape, and it goes like this: The media and the government are both wise to Ralph having the suit. So, they stage a fake accident that they know our hero will respond to, and they wait with cameras. When he does (and of course saves the staged victim), a crowd emerges to thank Ralph for his years of service. This popularity immediately goes to his head, and he even hires an agent to handle all of the publicity that he is LOVING! This goes over bad with the green guys, and they lock Pam and Ralph in the VW bug and it's off to Palmdale.

After the aliens "beam" the two up, Ralph is ordered to find someone to give the suit to. He is fired, but has the choice of who will recieve the "unearthly powers". Unfortunately for Bill, Ralph picks a woman with huge "save the world" issues. Now Bill has to train her on how to use the suit (to the best of the knowledge he and Ralph were able to figure out without the instruction book, because the "green guys" already gave Ralph two of them; and won't give another!).

This girl has her own earth saving scenarios, and drives Maxwell CRAZY. She wants to save the whales first, so it's off to the docks. She almost gets Bill killed, and ends up challenging a goon to an arm wrestle for information. Obviously, with the suit on underneath her clothes, she tosses the guy through the table.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...d-586/season-3
Old 11-10-05, 06:50 PM

How do you start a thread???? any way I want to know if anyone knows the name of a tv show in the 80's I was 9 so my memory might be fuzzy but here goes
It had to do with a family and a lighthouse, some how the family diapears and are traveling through time kindda like the tv show Sliders
Old 11-10-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I was young when these ended- how did Knightrider, Greatest American Hero, and Misfits of Science all end?
None of these shows had endings in the way that the story was wrapped up, they were just cancelled.

There was a show on TV, I believe it was science based, the only thing I can remember was these kids popped out of the water and the first thing they saw was a lighthouse out in the distant (it was dark out), I believe they were transported some where
and
I want to know if anyone knows the name of a tv show in the 80's
It had to do with a family and a lighthouse, some how the family diapears and are traveling through time
Quite a bit of interest in a show that its fans can barely remember.
Old 11-10-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
GREATEST AMERICAN HERO had no ending when it first aired, but a quich Google search on "greatest american hero episode guide" gave me the following info about a show that aired 3 years later, and served as a finale

The Greatest American Heroine
gs: Mary Ellen Stuart (Holly Hathaway) Mya Skerling (Sara Hathaway) John A. Zee (Alien) Jeffrey Markel (Timothy) Jerry Potter () Wayne Grace ()

Well, it looks like this is the end, but don't miss our next--O.K, O.K, we missed it. This episode was aired three years after the finale of our show. I have it on tape, and it goes like this: The media and the government are both wise to Ralph having the suit. So, they stage a fake accident that they know our hero will respond to, and they wait with cameras. When he does (and of course saves the staged victim), a crowd emerges to thank Ralph for his years of service. This popularity immediately goes to his head, and he even hires an agent to handle all of the publicity that he is LOVING! This goes over bad with the green guys, and they lock Pam and Ralph in the VW bug and it's off to Palmdale.

After the aliens "beam" the two up, Ralph is ordered to find someone to give the suit to. He is fired, but has the choice of who will recieve the "unearthly powers". Unfortunately for Bill, Ralph picks a woman with huge "save the world" issues. Now Bill has to train her on how to use the suit (to the best of the knowledge he and Ralph were able to figure out without the instruction book, because the "green guys" already gave Ralph two of them; and won't give another!).

This girl has her own earth saving scenarios, and drives Maxwell CRAZY. She wants to save the whales first, so it's off to the docks. She almost gets Bill killed, and ends up challenging a goon to an arm wrestle for information. Obviously, with the suit on underneath her clothes, she tosses the guy through the table.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...d-586/season-3
That episode (pilot) was on the first season DVD and it wasd horrible!

You might try IMDB to answer your questions.
Old 11-11-05, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by themovieguru
1. Can someone tell me the name of the show where government agents enlisted ordinary citizens for their operations?
Masquerade, with Greg Evigan and Kirstie Alley. It was like Global Frequency without a shred of cool.

2. I was young when these ended- how did Knightrider, Greatest American Hero, and Misfits of Science all end?
Badly.

Round The Bend?
Old 11-11-05, 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Count Dooku]None of these shows had endings in the way that the story was wrapped up, they were just cancelled.

and

didn't knight rider end with the autistic kid staring at the snow globe having imagined everything that happened. That is what they are showing on I love the 80's 3-D
Old 11-11-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jmstipe
didn't knight rider end with the autistic kid staring at the snow globe having imagined everything that happened. That is what they are showing on I love the 80's 3-D
That was St. Elsewhere.
Old 11-11-05, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
That was St. Elsewhere.

thanks tracerbullet that was my bad