Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 3-19-03

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Just what will happen to the cast if Angel is cancelled?

Given the rate at which Superman is moving, I'm sure DB could put on the cape and fight a giant spider.
Old 03-21-03, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Just what will happen to the cast if Angel is cancelled?
I think when UPN took on Buffy, part of the contract stated they would pick up Angel if WB canned it.

I hope that's still in effect and we don't have to worry about it being cancelled!
Old 03-21-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
I think when UPN took on Buffy, part of the contract stated they would pick up Angel if WB canned it.

I hope that's still in effect and we don't have to worry about it being cancelled!
As far as I know, this agreement was only for the 1st season of Angel.
Old 03-21-03, 08:55 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
let's see Angel gets his ar*se handed to him by the beast, Angelus can more than hold his own in hand to hand with the beast, yet Angel beats Angelus in a fight ? even if it was a subconscious one!

can't wait to see Faith back on Buffy!

wish there was more crossover action
Old 03-21-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i'd like some more crossover action too.
Old 03-21-03, 02:51 PM
Banned

I read today on Darkhorizons.com that they were actually considering Boreanz for Superman until they heard another season of Angel was most likely a go so I think we will get another season.
Old 03-21-03, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Chew

The UPN's agreement covered only two seasons: last year and this year. While there's a slim chance UPN would pick up Angel anyway, the best bet is the WB. Buffy was a money-loser for UPN, but they wanted it for the perceived prestige of the show. Angel'd be cheaper for them, but it doesn't carry the same prestige (and has slightly lower ratings.)
Old 03-21-03, 06:57 PM

Funny how Angel apparantly costs less than Buffy to make, yet it looks leaps and bounds more expensive. From the excellent hotel sets to the bars, streets, warehouses, law offices, etc...the show just looks a lot better than Buffy.

Maybe part of it is the cinematography, but Angel also just seems somehow glitzier, as if it were shot on better film than Buffy. And the fight scenes are directed so much better on Angel. The fights on Buffy have been very lame for the last couple of years. This is probably the fault of the directors, but I also think they have been failing to edit effectively to create more fluid and interesting fight sequences.

Thats my two cents
Old 03-21-03, 11:07 PM

I read today on Darkhorizons.com that they were actually considering Boreanz for Superman until they heard another season of Angel was most likely a go so I think we will get another season.
I saw the same thing on tv today, tho he's apparently being considered for Nolan's Batman now.
Old 03-22-03, 11:30 AM

And now for something completely different but watching this last episode of Angel and seeing all his haircuts through the ages got me wondering exactly how a vampire goes about cutting their hair. Are there barbers to the vampires or do they cut their hair among themselves? Okay, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Old 03-22-03, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
There are vampire/demon bars and clubs, so I imagine there's a while underworld service sector.
Old 03-22-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Originally posted by Nathan Gervais
And now for something completely different but watching this last episode of Angel and seeing all his haircuts through the ages got me wondering exactly how a vampire goes about cutting their hair. Are there barbers to the vampires or do they cut their hair among themselves? Okay, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
I've often wondered where Vampires get their clothes and stuff.

Think about Angel, when he was on Buffy. He had an apartment, we've seen him pay for blood with money, he has a pretty decent wardrobe. And the mousse and hair gel, my God, his hair care products must've cost a small fortune.

Where does he get his money for stuff?

If he was still hunting, then we could say he just rolled his victims for cash and valuables, but he wasn't hunting at the time. We never saw any reference to him having a job, and it would have to be a night job, too. But he spent all of his nights with Buffy or lurking around.

And did you see his apartment in LA, when he first moved there? That thing must've run a small fortune. Cordelia had a little dump when she couldn't find acting gigs, and Angel somehow is able to afford this giant gothic basement apartment AND an office? WTF? He wasn't even charging for his services at the time. And he was apparently paying Cordelia a salary, as well.

Do vampires poop money or something?

And I won't even get started on how he moves around during the day so much. Or how he was able to get into the apartment Faith was living in in "Five by Five." She didn't kill the owner, only put him in the hospital. Maybe Angel was able to track down the owner and get permission to enter. But it seems like it would be kind of hard to be a private investigator if you can't do a little B&E every now and then.
Old 03-22-03, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Interesting news about a possible future beyond Angel for DB:

From Dark Horizons...

"This project is still very much a go-picture. There should be a new director within days. It's been known that Brett was leaving the picture for quite a while, so other directors have been on stand-by per se. The problem between the studio and Brett was that Brett likened a young actor named Matthew Bomer for the role, believing an unknown might work. Unfortunately, the studio didn't see this way and were determined to cast Brendan Fraser in the role. At the end of the day, it was an unwinnable fight - and both parties caved in. Another actor was bought in named David Boreanaz, who stars in television's "Angel". Both quite liked David, and believing that his series mightn't be coming back for another season - was eager to do it. But at the 11th hour, word was through that his series would be continuing and he wouldn't have time to do the film. There are rumours that they liked David though, so are considering him for the next "Batman" movie which "Memento" genius, Chris Nolan is doing. An official announcement should be through on that shortly. As it stands there are a couple of contenders, a young man named Henry Cavill is in talks this week, and seems to be going well there. Unfortunately it's not certain whether Anthony Hopkins will play the role of Jor-El, he was merely doing that as a favour to Brett, and with Brett not involved it's all a bit up in the air".
Old 03-22-03, 11:58 PM
Cool New Member

I psyched that they are reairing this episode. I taped it and then discovered that the last 10 minutes was prempted. I'm going to retape it Sunday night.
Old 03-23-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Do vampires poop money or something?
I've always wondered this, too. While his home during the 'Buffy' years could have been an abandoned house, his apartment and office on 'Angel' are a mystery. Perhaps he invested wisely back when he was Angelus and just recently came across his dividend checks?
Old 03-24-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a heads up, Eliza will be on this weeks episode of "Punked" (a gag type of show, hosted by Ashton Kutcher-"The 70's Show") which airs tonight at 10:30 pm on MTV. If you miss it, it will re-air a half dozens times later in the week.

LB..
Old 03-24-03, 02:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I just watched the end last night.

As far as the Fred/Willow thing, while it did seem a little weird, it seemed alot like the way Willow and Tara came together. Doing spells and talking about Magic were what started the Willow/Tara relationship and maybe Willow remembered that.