TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 3/5 - Return of....somebody

Old 03-04-03, 09:00 PM

Angel 05/03 - Return of....somebody

We get the new Angel one night early here in Ottawa so I thought I'd start the thread. A solid episode with some MAJOR plot developments (although I felt it started out a little slow). So some big spoilers for anybody who can't wait a night...

Spoiler:
- Return of Faith (everybody knew this I'm sure). Wesley goes to fetch her but she breaks out unassisted

- Connor has a major crush on Faith (Slayer fetishes run in the family it seems)

- Death of the Beast and return of the sun (Although you'll never guess who does the deed)

- Cordie's got a bun in the oven (and she's still evil)

Last edited by Tanaraq; 03-05-03 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-05-03, 06:37 AM

More tidbits...

Spoiler:
-There's an attempt made on Faith's life while in prison. Is this a reference to the First? I'm not sure but maybe somebody with a keener eye will note the significance of the knife used.

-Angelus places a call to Sunnydale when he hears the Slayer is in town.

-Cordie is the Beast's master (not just another flunkie)

P.S. Could a mod please fix the date in the thread title? Feel pretty stupid about that.
Old 03-05-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Man, Faith just kicks my ass. Love her.

Is Connor always that annoying? Ugh.

And how 'bout that phone call?? "Hi Dawn. Yeah, it's me. Is your sister home?"

Since i'm not versed on all the ways of Angel, i'm going to hold my speculations about Cordy and just go along for the ride..

And while Angelus had some good one-liners tonite, the prize goes to Faith who was firin' 'em out..

"It's like riding a biker.." & her response to Gunn's "I hold my own" response..

Last edited by Rogue588; 03-05-03 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 01:01 PM
Banned

I would think it would be common knowledge by anyone who was a fan of Buffy or Angel who is returning tonight.
I mean, this is the Internet and most people who post do surf allot.
Why so secretive?

Anyway, looking forward to tonight episode.

Heres hoping the brat Connor gets offed.
Old 03-05-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
a

Well, personally I thought/think the proper format for the title of the discussion of a particular show is Show Name -- "Show Title" Air Date. But that's just me..

In my temporary black monolith above, I asked if Connor is always that annoying..I see that he is..
Old 03-05-03, 01:52 PM
Banned

Heres a Primer to bring anyone up to date if they are going to be tuning in tonight and havent watched for awhile.
It contains Spoilers...........

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...s/1102920.html
Old 03-05-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder if all shows on TV could use a boost of Faith?

Also,
Spoiler:
How does Angelus know about Dawn?

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-05-03 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD

Also,
Spoiler:
[/B]
How would he not know about her? I know he's talked to Buffy as recently as the start of last season (when he found out she was alive). Plus Dawn has "memories" of Angel, and those same memories may exist inside of Angel. Or did you just think that Angelus and Angel don't share the same memories?
Old 03-05-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it 9:00 on the wb. I'm there (hope to make sense of everything.)
Old 03-05-03, 03:20 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Is it 9:00 on the wb.
yes
Old 03-05-03, 04:40 PM
Banned

Well everyone remembers Dawn since those Monk guys made it like she was always there.
Vampires arent amune.
Old 03-05-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cooper2000
Well everyone remembers Dawn since those Monk guys made it like she was always there.
Vampires arent amune.

That sounds like a LAME plot device to justify her presence. I never really bought into it.

In terms of Faith:
Spoiler:
Glad to see her back but it only serves to remind me that this marks the countdown to her demise.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-05-03 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Why the H*LL did I read that..?? I thought it was regarding her appearance on tonite's show...

SO Not cool..
Old 03-05-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

D'oh. Unscheduled basketball game instead here. Hopefully Angel will come on afterwards.
Old 03-05-03, 08:54 PM

The "like riding a biker" was classic
Old 03-05-03, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rogue588
Why the H*LL did I read that..?? I thought it was regarding her appearance on tonite's show...

SO Not cool..
If you're referring to Dr. DVD's hidden spoiler post, I'm not aware that anything of that nature has been determined yet.

At this point, any such "details" are likely still speculation.

We don't, to my knowledge, have any information as to what will happen to any of the major characters in the final episodes.
Old 03-05-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That sounds like a LAME plot device to justify her presence. I never really bought into it.
On Buffy they've made references to Dawn remembering back to when Angel and Buffy were dating- so Angel knows her in the current Buffy/Angel universe. The monks made it so world was changed and it worked retroactively- sort of like the effects "The Wish" in season 3 and "Superstar" in 4- the only difference is there was never a reset button pressed in reguards to Dawn. So yeah, it was a 'plot device' to introduce a new character on Buffy, but they laid the possiblity for such a change in the world well beforehand.
Old 03-05-03, 10:08 PM

Hi,
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Angel to start being a lame show again after some really good build up and so far it hasn't happened. This is easily the best season since its first and this was another great show. It was good to see Faith again, loved that prison yard fight with the inmate and the Bringer's knife plus it was fabulous seeing her show Conner what a super being could really do. That kid just needs to shut the hell up. Yet, through it all I still think the most interesting character on the show is Wesley and tonight was another good examble. Wesley's inner conversation with Lilah was great and the way he gave Faith a test is a crystal clear look at how different his character is from the last time we saw Faith. It was great to see none of the Wesley/Fred/Gunn tension and for the first time in a while Gunn wasn't annoying. All that and I'm really curious about find out about Cordie & the Master. On a scale of 1 through 10, tonight rated an 8.
Old 03-05-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Faith She looks better than ever! Is Eliza's tatoo real? In Bring it On they made it look fake.
Old 03-05-03, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was good. It looks they're starting to make connections to Buffy with the bringers knife and Angelus talking to Dawn. I thought the scene in the bar was funny with Angelus dusting the female vamp. Eliza also looked great.
Old 03-05-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Eliza Dushku has great screen presence. She is excellent.

Wesley was good tonight, besides Angel (and now Faith), he seems like the only interesting character on this show. Fred and Gunn are fairly worthless, Lorne is even more so. I don't even know what to think about Cordy - how they have completely flip-flopped her character lately kind of annoys me. The "give mama some sugar" line was just flat-out stupid. The last scene between her and the brat, she was obviously acting different and I was just waiting for Connor to say "wtf is up w/ you?" - he looked as if he wanted to say it, but he just gave in to her.

Good episode - D.B. continues to rock as Angelus and it was great to see Faith back onscreen w/ all of her damn sex appeal.
Old 03-05-03, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just liked how easily she picked up that barbell and smashed the inmate. In a show where a great deal of the characters are superpowered, it helps to give some sort of reference to just how strong they are.

That's actually one of my problems with Angel. In Buffy, vamps were still things to be feared. If one of the Scooby Gang was trapped alone with a vampire, you had to worry about them. In Angel, even Fred seems to be able to take down vampires... it was nice change to see Wesley having to struggle with two of them.
Old 03-06-03, 12:05 AM
Banned

Great show!
Five by Five. Love that Wesley referenced that.
Glad Faith shut the little punk up too.
Old 03-06-03, 12:08 AM

I'm wondering if Cordelia -- the REAL Cordelia -- is still a "higher being" and this Cordy we're seeing has always been the Beast's master. I don't remember--has she had ANY real honest-to-goodness visions without her eyes going back in her head?

Spoiler:
Good episode, but I hate the whole "I'm pregnant" thing--they already did it with Darla, now it just feels... ucky.
Old 03-06-03, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by CCGoldRush
I'm wondering if Cordelia -- the REAL Cordelia -- is still a "higher being" and this Cordy we're seeing has always been the Beast's master. I don't remember--has she had ANY real honest-to-goodness visions without her eyes going back in her head?

Spoiler:
Good episode, but I hate the whole "I'm pregnant" thing--they already did it with Darla, now it just feels... ucky.
I would think that would have to be it somehow. Maybe a demon from Conner's former Hell demension home looking for revenge?
They had to deal with CC's motherly condition some way. I suppose the writer's solution was as good as any and if it is not really our Cordelia then what difference does it make?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.