TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Amazon - 2/27/03

Old 02-27-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Survivor: Amazon - 2/27/03

How stupid can one person be?

I couldn't believe what was said at Tribal Council when

Spoiler:
Daniel spilled the beans about Matthew being his bud, and how Matthew lived in Hong Kong and spoke Mandarin Chinese. The look on Matthew's face was priceless.

I found it funny to see that even Matthew votes to boot Daniel after what he said at Tribal Council.

Dan got the boot 6-1. Pretty sad.

Last edited by Patman; 02-27-03 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-27-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, the bathing scenes of the hotties was pretty entertaining.

Why are Shawna's teeth so yeller? That scare me.
Old 02-27-03, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heidi kind of turned me off by saying "all the cute girls". That was pretty lame.

Last edited by Joeboo835; 02-27-03 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-27-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Survivor: Amazon - 2/27/03

Originally posted by Patman
How stupid can one person be?

I couldn't believe what was said at Tribal Council when . .
[/spoiler]
Thanks. Was anything else important said at tribal council? My local CBS lost the audio just as the guys came in and groused about losing to women. No audio until end of show, and even start of CSI. I felt like the deaf woman.

Edit: I could see the votes so it was clear Dan was voted off "with prejudice" I just couldn't hear anything.
Old 02-27-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, more on the Tribal Council comments:

Spoiler:
Rob said they couldn't believe the men have lost 2 immunity challenges. Matthew rated his hunger as an 8 on a 1-10 scale, and Alex rated it 8 or maybe a 9 for the hunger scale. Then Jeff asked about the friendship portion and that's when Dan opened his big mouth about his friendship with Matthew. Then then Jeff got them to talk about the friction between Dan and Roger and Roger was complaining about Dan's reticence to go get water, so Roger just went and got it, then Dan got all defensive and said that Roger just barks orders, never asked nicely (wah wah wah, what a baby Dan was). Then they voted.

Old 02-27-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks, much.
Old 02-27-03, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"I really don't think Jesus has a vested interest in who wins the reward challenge." -- Rob

das
Old 02-27-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heidi has some bad implants. She is so small and those big fake boobs look bad especially since you can see some ripples in them
Old 02-27-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The problem with Heidi is that she has 2% bodyfat, so, of course, her implants are going to look more grotesque now that she's starving in the Amazon.
Old 02-27-03, 09:34 PM

Glad to see the guys lose... they're a bunch of chimps who are too busy drooling to win anything.

Plus it means there will be more eye-candy for me to drool over, althought the attitude the "hot chicks" displayed tonight was a little un-drool worthy.

I think the battle of the sexes angle is the only thing that's keeping me tuned in, whoever thought of that should get a cookie.
Old 02-27-03, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The "hot chicks" are so stuck up. Maybe they should just get it on with themselves. Other "ugly" people are not good enough for them. I think they went and looked for people with IQs under 100 for this show. The "Rocket" Scientist is dumber than a box of rocks. He reminds me of Warren P. Cheswick.
Old 02-27-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by das Monkey
"I really don't think Jesus has a vested interest in who wins the reward challenge." -- Rob

das
It's the first thing that he has said in all three episodes that didn't sound completely retarded. I actually agree w/ him - Jesus doesn't give two shits about Survivor - I think there is more important **** to worry about.

I still think Heidi and Jenna are cute, but they should have packed on the pounds before this game started, it's only been nine or ten days and they are looking much too skinny. I didn't notice 'til tonight, but Heidi has some big damn teeth - she can barely hide them! So from now on, I shall call her Chomps.

Thank god the men voted out Dan - what a freaking idiot.

Last edited by B.A.; 02-27-03 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-28-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Borst
Heidi has some bad implants. She is so small and those big fake boobs look bad especially since you can see some ripples in them

True, but I'd still hit that sh-t, and hard.
Old 02-28-03, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Old 02-28-03, 05:40 AM
Banned

Here you go Jacko......

More pics here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=273094
Old 02-28-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone notice Christy? It looked like she had Buckwheat in a headlock. If her body hair keeps growing at the rate it is, she is going to look like George the Animal Steele if she makes it through to the merge...
Old 02-28-03, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is the worst Survivor by far.
It is so boring.

Every challenge is a puzzle (untie knots, guess who has what, puzzle pieces...). If they are going to have guys vs guys don't make all the challenges non-physical to even the field.
Every Survivor up to now has been very physical with the challenges. There has always been swimming, racing, pushing heavy objects, carrying heavy objects...

I'm tired of hearing the women bragging about kicking the men's butts. Let's see an obstacle course with some climbing and running and see who wins.

Finally Dan is gone. What a jerk.
He did nothing to help out and lost most of the challenges for the guys.

I still don't find any of these women attractive.
Look at their faces, they are ugly.
They are also skeletons.
Heidi and Jenna both are probably under 100 lbs.

I see Butch and Dave going far in this game for the men.
For the women, Jeanne and Deena.
Old 02-28-03, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Daniel will go down in Survivor history as being one of the stupidest contestants ever. He's like a little kid who can't stand authority figures. He *thinks* he's smarter than authority figures. He has no guile, but plenty of pride. His long-range planning stretched mightily to how he would best hit on the girls. I've seen smarter 1st graders on the playground than Daniel.

I was astounded when Survivor showed Daniel and Matthew conversing in Mandarin. I was like "now this could save Daniel if he plays it right with Matthew." But the first time Jeff asks Daniel "who's your friend here?" and Daniel blurts out "Matthew is because he can speak Mandarin!"

Not only did Daniel squander a communication advantage, he has basically taken Matthew down with him because Matthew now has a big red X on his backside.

Daniel: What a dumbass!!!

Last edited by Patman; 02-28-03 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-28-03, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by Struz
I'm tired of hearing the women bragging about kicking the men's butts. Let's see an obstacle course with some climbing and running and see who wins.
The first Immunity Challenge was an obstacle course, and the guys were way ahead after decoding the message part of it. They ended up losing, though, because Dan & Ryan couldn't cross the balance beam without continually falling off. So you can't automatically say that the women are better at puzzles and worse at the physical stuff, because they've already shown that that's not necessarily the case.
Old 02-28-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Struz
This is the worst Survivor by far.
It is so boring.

Every challenge is a puzzle (untie knots, guess who has what, puzzle pieces...). If they are going to have guys vs guys don't make all the challenges non-physical to even the field.
Every Survivor up to now has been very physical with the challenges. There has always been swimming, racing, pushing heavy objects, carrying heavy objects...

I don't even know how these guys would do in a physical challenge. They can't even cut a rope with a machete for pete's sake.

I like the challenges for the most part this time around.

I think Jenna is the most attractive. Shawna doesn't do anything for me at all.
Old 02-28-03, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Patman
Oh, the bathing scenes of the hotties was pretty entertaining.

Why are Shawna's teeth so yeller? That scare me.
I missed the first half hour of the show. How long did they show this?
Old 02-28-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Long enough.
Old 02-28-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ugh. We have Christy last week, who was already in hot water with a bunch of her tribe mates, go off in tribal council on how people treat her badly because of her disability and basically saying how she works harder than everyone. If not for that granola thing, she would've been a goner.

Then we have Daniel. He knows it's down to him and Roger to see who gets voted off. He knows he needs to win some people over to him. He's messed up challenges, and he's percieved as lazy. So he blows his one "secret" alliance, and insults everyone else by pulling the race card and saying how he's the outcast, to the point that Rob, one of his would be allies, has to answer back.

I'm getting the feeling that the women are going to win this one. Not because they're winning all the challenges, but because the men are so focused on them. In the reward challenge, Jenna knew exactly what to say to throw Rob off of his game, and I consider Rob one of the craftiest of the men (she basically said that the female tribe talks about him, and after that, that's all he could think about). In fact, coming off of the reward challenge, few of the men were even disappointed... they were all just talking about who they were going to "get with." I think Heidi's right... if the women played their challenges topless, they would win them all. (she basically said that when they merge, if they went around topless the men wouldn't vote them off because they'd want to keep them around camp) Last year, Clay was a womanizer, but he certainly kept focused on the game.

I thought Jenna was anorexic, but Heidi was even moreso. And Shawna, who I thought was the "healthiest" of the three, is having problems. Heidi and Jenna better hope she stays in, because they're certainly ostracizing the older women and Christy, and their only chance is to stay on until the merge, when they can use their wiles on the men.
Old 02-28-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is easily the most unlikeable group of Survivors. It's like the producers went out of their way to get the most narcissistic women and boneheaded meatheads they could find.

das
Old 02-28-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by das Monkey
This is easily the most unlikeable group of Survivors. It's like the producers went out of their way to get the most narcissistic women and boneheaded meatheads they could find.

das
This is definitely the worst group yet. I was just talking to my brother-in-law about and he concured. The challenges are lame as hell, too. I am still shaking my head at how in the hell the guys couldn't cut that rope w/ the machete. They cut a previous piece of rope by hacking at it, why didn't they do that again? Freaking morons!

The only reason I am still watching it is because it is in the Amazon, but they aren't letting them do anything there. In the challenges they stay in one little area - I know its one of the most dangerous places in the world, but doesn't the crew number in the hundreds?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.