Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 02-18

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-03, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
Jlbkwrm? Stay outta my head dammit!

With the exception of the last slayer thing, I agree 110% with what you said...

Whew. Saves on my keystrokes this week.
Heh. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks these things.

Originally posted by rennervision
Apparently in Sunnydale, when a girl commits suicide in one of your spare bedrooms, its perfectly acceptable to order your younger sister to cut her down and then you bury her in your backyard without any legal ramifications whatsoever.
These are the same people who found out that Andrew murdered Jonathan and... Made him their cook. They didn't take him to the police after they pumped all the information out of him (despite repeated complaints about his general uselessness.) They kept him around.Chloe's family, if she had any, doesn't need any closure or anything. They couldn't put the body somewhere it would be found (Sunnydale PD has the investigative skills of a pudding cup, so it's not like they'd track the body back to the house.) They had to bury it somewhere. Because Buffy is the Law.

Originally posted by crankyman
i took it that she felt it was 'raping' her.....what with the impregnation comment. can't say i blame her.

it might haved killed her..or increased her power.
Is it just me, or is this theory (which does fit) really, really depressing? Buffy was being offered the same thing that brought about the whole Slayer line. So, we basically find out that Buffy's power owes its existence to a legacy of demonic rape? The First Slayer was, like pretty much all females on Buffy lately, a victim. Erk.

Originally posted by Chopper
OK, now I get it. I was thinking that "he wouldn't die" implied some form of immortality, not the ability to fight back.
I kind of think of Spike's continued existence as an ongoing series of contrivances, so I occasionally use bizarre phrasing to refer to him.
Old 02-20-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
I see, and how, exactly, do you propose Buffy to explain not only that there are teenage girls from all over the world living in her house without adult supervision and without going to school, but also that one of them DIED while in her house without adult supervision and not going to school?
And that one of them’s making nasty lesbian love in her house without adult supervision and not going to school.

Maybe Buffy’s lectures are some way her character is evolving. Maybe there’s a purpose to it all that will eventually be revealed. Maybe she’ll lose her voice before the next opportunity to lecture.
Old 02-20-03, 04:48 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i like Buffy's speeches , they rock and show a more forceful side of Buffy

Let's face it, Police and the law don't exist in the Buffy universe

Loved seeing kick ar*se Spike returning, i want him to give the principal a good beat down !
Old 02-20-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally posted by razorbackfan
But the last thing...WOAH!

The last thing...DUDE!
Old 02-20-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You think about the last thing and it's like whoa... but then you think about the first thing again, and dude!
Old 02-20-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by renaldow
You think about the last thing and it's like whoa... but then you think about the first thing again, and dude!

Dude, it's just so like, Whoa!
Old 02-20-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dude!
Old 02-20-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Isn't Kennedy underage? Or at least really close to being underage?

D
Old 02-20-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Derrich
Isn't Kennedy underage? Or at least really close to being underage?
Iyari (Kennedy) Limon was born in '82, at least according to IMDB.

So that means with no concern for legalities..........
Old 02-20-03, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by 12thmonkey
Iyari (Kennedy) Limon was born in '82, at least according to IMDB.

So that means with no concern for legalities..........
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with her character's age. Most of the slayer wannabes are about 15-16 tops. Odds are she's underage. Willow's a brownie hound.
Old 02-20-03, 12:45 PM

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with her character's age. Most of the slayer wannabes are about 15-16 tops. Odds are she's underage. Willow's a brownie hound.
I remember Kennedy making some reference early on about how she was getting a little too old to be called into service as the Slayer. Using that I think its pretty clear she is supposed to be at least 18 or 19. For a show which deals pretty frankly with alternative lifestyles I'd think the last thing they would want to do is open themselves up to charges of featuring lesbian minors engaging in sexual activity.
Old 02-20-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Nathan Gervais
I'd think the last thing they would want to do is open themselves up to charges of featuring lesbian minors engaging in sexual activity.
Yeah, unless they want BIG ratings.........

I always assumed the character Kennedy was in the 18-20 year old range, btw.
Old 02-20-03, 01:00 PM

There was one point in Buffy's speech where Kennedy started whining about something and Buffy and Willow started looking at each other. It looked just like the "look exchange" from a few episodes ago where they were talking telepathically. Did anyone else think this? I thought for sure we were going to see the scene replayed again with their mental dialogue.
Old 02-20-03, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by 12thmonkey
I always assumed the character Kennedy was in the 18-20 year old range, btw.
She probably is, I don't think the show is going for underage lesbian sex. I still think Willow's a brownie hound though.
Old 02-20-03, 02:26 PM

She probably is, I don't think the show is going for underage lesbian sex. I still think Willow's a brownie hound though.
well, using the Buffy timeline, Willow is what?...22/23?....if Kennedy is 19 to 20 that is not that far off....and it was Kennedy who played the aggressor...I don't find Kennedy nearly as annoying as most of the of SITs...and the whole "maggot" thing really did feel like an homage to Full Metal Jacket....
Old 02-20-03, 02:27 PM

Nope. Unless someone pulls a quote, it has to be assumed that she's in the same age range as the other Pre-Slayers. maybe a year older. I put her at 17. Somebody better call the cops.

D
Old 02-20-03, 03:02 PM
MrN

Except, we don't know they're sleeping together do we? I get the feeling they're interested but things haven't progressed because of the crowded house etc.
Old 02-20-03, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was thinking about the end of the series and how Kennedy might be concerned. She seems kind of cocky and egotistical, kind of like a spirited apprentice of another genre series that is on the big screen.

My thinking:
Spoiler:
Faith and Kennedy will eventually have an inevitable meeting. Seeing as how they have a lot in common, they might work together. Then, without warning, Kennedy turns evil and kills Faith.
Not what I want, but a possibility.
Old 02-20-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally posted by Derrich
Nope. Unless someone pulls a quote, it has to be assumed that she's in the same age range as the other Pre-Slayers. maybe a year older. I put her at 17. Somebody better call the cops.

D
I am 87% sure she specifically said she was 19. I remember thinking "I bet she said that so she and Willow can hook up."

Not sure of the ep though. Someone help me!
Old 02-20-03, 03:40 PM

I don't find Kennedy nearly as annoying as most of the of SITs...and the whole "maggot" thing really did feel like an homage to Full Metal Jacket....
Well, okay, but it's still possible to be an arrogant, power-mad, abusive, insensitive twit while making homages to popular movies.
Old 02-20-03, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Draven

Not sure of the ep though. Someone help me!
Don't remember the age, but I remember her saying she was probably too old to be called as the slayer.
Old 02-20-03, 06:37 PM

Great episode, i had to tape it and my tape stopped early, can somone give me the dialogue from the last 5 minutes or what they were talking about. thanks
Old 02-20-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Mantecore
Great episode, i had to tape it and my tape stopped early, can somone give me the dialogue from the last 5 minutes or what they were talking about. thanks

Willow asks Buffy what happened while she was gone. Buffy comments that she was wrong to refuse power and that the First Slayer was right about there being "Not Enough." Willow asks what she saw and it cuts to what is basically the Uruk-Hai at Orthanc scene in The Two Towers with Turok-Hans (the super vampire, escept an army of them) instead of Uruk-Hai.

On a side note, does anyone else think that
Spoiler:
Anya will die in Xander's arms?
Old 02-21-03, 08:00 AM

Switching gears a little...

I just watched "Ammends" for the first time last night. Without getting all spoilery, I think it's pretty obvious why The First is back and, at least, why the two shows are connected. I'd like to think that was the groundwork laid for whenever they decided to end the series.

Pretty great episode, that one.
Old 02-21-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well, using the Buffy timeline, Willow is what?...22/23?....if Kennedy is 19 to 20 that is not that far off....and it was Kennedy who played the aggressor...
I don't think Willow is a brownie hound because of Kennedy's age, or anything to do with Kennedy. I just think she's a brownie hound.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.