1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Your favorite Buffy season and why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-03, 03:31 AM
AJP
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season 3 by a whisker over S2 because I liked the supporting characters more. I often found Dru annoying in S2 and Faith's character was a much better idea for the second slayer than Kendra IMO.
Old 01-19-03, 12:29 PM
Banned

I love Dru. No question that Faith kicked ace on Kendra though. By the end of season 3 Faith has gone through so much. Great character.
Old 01-19-03, 07:58 PM

I love all seasons, but the one that is my favorite, is...

Season 4!!! I know, you must think I'm stupid, but I just feel that it has the best overall feel and has some excellent standouts. Another reason is that it seemed like a show about all of the characters, not just Buffy(I love Willow, and she was prominent, and Tara was introduced). "Restless", "Hush", "Who Are You?", and many other great episodes.

For overall quality, I think that Season 3 was the best, and the absolute best was the second half of Season 2(OMG!).

I loved Season 6, but it's problem was it had a strong beginning, strong end, but a very weak middle. Also, there was no clear Big Bad. Despite these facts, it has the musical, and the last 4 episodes are the best group of episodes ever.

Season 5 was good, but I found Glory horribly annoying, so that brought it down.

Season 1 was great fun and actually pretty good.

Season 7 is great so far...
Old 01-20-03, 02:20 AM
Banned

I am kinda surprised so many people dislike Season 4. I thought it was pretty good.
I liked Riley and the whole Initiative storyline and it played out much better than Season 6.
On a differnt not, met the actor who plays Clem over the weekend. Nothing near what I suspected.

Here's a link if you are interested.

http://www.atnzone.com/tvzone/features/clem.shtml
Old 01-20-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts
I had to vote for season 3 since it was the best, and most consistently good, season, but I really liked season 4.

What really did it for me was the realistic approach - ie: The Governtment and the Military getting involved in a covert operation against vampires and demons. If there were THAT many vampires and demons out there killing people the government would know about it - and they wouldn't just sit there and do nothing. I think that it's a shame that Joss has gotten away from even mentioning the military's involvement in the fight against vamps and demons. Buffy should be going to them for help with the current situation - having the military back her up against The First certainly couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'd have to rate my favorite seasons in order:

3, 2, 5, 4, 7, 1, 6.
Old 01-21-03, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally posted by B5Erik
I think that it's a shame that Joss has gotten away from even mentioning the military's involvement in the fight against vamps and demons. Buffy should be going to them for help with the current situation - having the military back her up against The First certainly couldn't hurt.
Really interesting point. Strange too. Joss isn't one to let major plot threads just drop.
Old 01-22-03, 10:53 PM
Banned

up
Old 01-22-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really interesting point. Strange too. Joss isn't one to let major plot threads just drop.
You forget.. they HAVE to save Spike... because uhhh.. only Spike can help... and umm... yes, that's the reason.. never mind asking someone like ANGEL or RILEY. But hey, Buffy's father also conviently vanished a couple years ago.

I'd say season 1, 2 and 3 are all about equal. They're all great and I love them.

Seasons after that have all been varying degrees of ****. This is just how I feel about them. Not that there aren't great episodes, because there are GREAT episodes... but the great episodes still have shitty plot points from the overal series arc (take the last few seconds of Once More With Feeling for example.)
Old 01-23-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Everyone keeps saying they should get Angel, but, um ... he's kinda busy
Spoiler:
with his own (or is it the same) apocalypse, don't you think? I mean, it rained fire.
And Riley? Who the hell knows where he is? Didn't he and his woman disappear into the Amazon like Relic Hunter or something?

das
Old 01-23-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They don't know about Angel's business. You'd think it'd be on the news or something.

Riley wouldn't be super hard to get hold of, they do have various resources.