TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Miami - 12/16/02

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
CSI: Miami - 12/16/02

Spoilers below:

I liked the explanation for the guy going up in flames.
Spoiler:
Cell phone users beware!

Muhahahahaha!

Well, they wrote out Megan (Kim Delaney) with a handwritten note on the backside of a photo.

I still hate how smug Horatio is once he confronts his perp and nails them.
Old 12-16-02, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was my first time watching the show. I'm a fan of the original CSI. Would it be too much trouble to ask who Megan was? That is if someone feels like typing it. I do expect to be watching this show again. I was actually suprised how good the entire CBS line up was tonight. Lots of laughs.
Old 12-16-02, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could have done without the close-up of the nasel mucus.

However...Emily Procter is currently the hottest thing on TV!

Yum.
Old 12-16-02, 10:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by kcdny
Would it be too much trouble to ask who Megan was?
Kim Delaney's character
Old 12-17-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to the series storyline, Megan had taken a leave of absence from the crime lab, so she was absent from the CSI crossover episode last spring. She had returned to the department at the beginning of the series, but Horatio was still in charge.
Old 12-17-02, 09:39 AM

This was an awful, awful episode.

When i guessed that the guy's cellphone set him on fire (way before they did) everyone laughed at me because they thought it was too lame to be true.

I liked my explanation of the other crime better tho, lesbian love triangle!
Old 12-17-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why I keep watching this show. I can't think of one thing I like about it. Just like the original CSI, there is almost no character development. But unlike the original, all the characters are annoying. Caruso is the worst. He always knows everything his other 'techs' are going to tell him. Usually you want the good guys to catch the crooks but in this show I constantly find myself hoping that Horatio is wrong just to see the look on his face. Thank god he left NYPD early or he probably would have brought the whole show down.
Old 12-17-02, 10:21 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Ok episode last night. I didn't really care for how Megan got written off the show. Oh well...

I will say that there was a nice shot of Horatio at the very end - all alone in the tech lab. That job is his life and that's all he has.
Old 12-17-02, 10:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
I don't know why I keep watching this show. I can't think of one thing I like about it. Just like the original CSI, there is almost no character development. But unlike the original, all the characters are annoying. Caruso is the worst. He always knows everything his other 'techs' are going to tell him. Usually you want the good guys to catch the crooks but in this show I constantly find myself hoping that Horatio is wrong just to see the look on his face. Thank god he left NYPD early or he probably would have brought the whole show down.
I don't think the show would be as good if they went into character development. The shows about the crimes and how they're solved, I don't think many people care, at least I don't, about any of their personal lives.

I agree about Caruso. Never cared for him on Blue and still don't.
Old 12-17-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They should have 0 character development if they are going for just crimes. But what they do is show some aspects and then nothing for weeks. Its just annoying. Like Law and Order does it, they just focus on the crimes. You don't know anything about any of the characters. But on CSI, they give you some stuff to make you wonder and then ignore it.

Forgot one gripe, since when do they allow Crime Scene Ivestigators interogate suspects. In both shows they have the CSI tech's running the show and the detectives are around just to help out when needed.
Old 12-17-02, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Forgot one gripe, since when do they allow Crime Scene Ivestigators interogate suspects. In both shows they have the CSI tech's running the show and the detectives are around just to help out when needed.
I think in Miami, unlike in Las Vegas, the CSIs are also full fledged cops.

In the original show they don't seem to have the CSIs do as much in that area as in the new show (but probably still more than they would do in real life).
Old 12-17-02, 06:42 PM

The Coroner on this show drives me to drink. She practically makes out with every "victim" on her case load. ("Sweet-heart, you are too pretty etc. for you to die like this bla bla bla ..")
Aren't you supposed to be clinical and strictly impartial in this job?
I know it's just a TV show, but "Miami" as a whole is becoming a bomb pretty fast in my eyes!
Old 12-18-02, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

David Caruso IS great actor!..Cut him some slack!

And the blonde chick Emily Procter!!....WOW!!..

I love those long shots of her walking down the hallways very sweet indeed!
Old 12-18-02, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Kim Delaney's character
I'm glad they spent very little time on her departure..

I didn't like her at all..Over rated actress!

.She should go back to ALL MY CHILDREN
Old 12-19-02, 06:20 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I couldn't have said that anybetter myself (or typed it for that matter)

DAC