Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Billboard Music Awards...Why In the H*ll Am I Watching This??

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuned in to watch Boston Public but this comes on.

I feel my brain cells literally being drained from my body. My forehead is starting to slope.

Man, WWE Raw is going to seem like "Masterpiece Theatre" compared to this...
Old 12-09-02, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started watching it, but I gave up after Chyna, Busta and Greg Brady were on stage. I just couldn't take it anymore.
Old 12-09-02, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never been terribly impressed by the FOX award shows. The Teen Choice Awards are the worst of the bunch. They are completely pointless, and the awards mean nothing. I mean, they make the Grammys look like Nobel Prizes.
Old 12-09-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had this pile of shiznite on in the background whilst doing other stuff, and all I can say is that although everyone knows that the majority of award shows are absolute jokes, this thing is unbelievably horrible.

I bet almost everyone involved with it (the "artists" and presenters) are embarassed to be there.

Sad, so sad.
Old 12-09-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RaraFemina
I started watching it, but I gave up after Chyna, Busta and Greg Brady were on stage. I just couldn't take it anymore.
Wow, I never thought I would see those people in the same room together, let alone on stage together..
Old 12-09-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
What a freak show this was. I too kept in on in the background. And would have changed channels but the remote wasn't within reach (I had bills and paperwork all around me). Some of the "highlights": Greg Brady? WTF!?? That blond Backstreet Boy. Guess I never heard him talk before. Wow is he effeminate. Both N'Sync boys. The one presenting an award (or introducing a band, I can't remember...), creepy. Justin Timberlake? What an awful song (I know, big surprise). Chyna? I agree with Stern, if she wasn't born a male.... The guy from Creed. Is he getting fat or what? I didn't even recognize him at first. His face is so big now. Tara Reid, did she even know where she was? Cher? Sure, a little scary looking too. But she said the F word and that's alright with me. That Puddle of Mud group winning best rock band? Did they *really* sell more albums than Nickleback and Creed? I'm really not a fan of any of them, but I didn't know they had but that one song. Nickleback and Creed sold around 4 and 5 million copies of their albums in the U.S. alone. Did Mud?? Chris Tucker still fawning over the "could he get any creepier?" Michael Jackson?? Strange. And thanks for putting "the king of pop" on so late. It's an hour past my bedtime and I still can't get to sleep. Guess he dropped the kids off before he did that appearance.

All in all, one of the most bizarre award shows I've ever seen.
Old 12-10-02, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was on FOX?

How come i am not suprised it sucked ass?
Old 12-10-02, 05:38 AM
Banned

Re: Billboard Music Awards...Why In the H*ll Am I Watching This??

Originally posted by Rogue588
Tuned in to watch Boston Public but this comes on.
I too was looking for Boston Public.

The alternatives last night sucked. I tuned in Fear Factor just in time to see them eat reindeer testicles. Oh well, at least they're in the holiday spirit.....
Old 12-10-02, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed it when Cher dropped the F-bomb on live TV. That was sweet.

Faith Hill sounded horrible. That woman may look great, but I don't think she'd last past 3 rounds on American Idol.

Michael Jackson looked really really freaky. Chris Tucker gave him an award, and was his normal annoying self.

Last edited by Patman; 12-10-02 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-10-02, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

Michael Jackson looked really really freaky.

So he was his normal self.