Search this Thread

Old 12-06-02, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrubs -05.12.2002-

Ok episode, but I think David Copperfield
made the show for me.
"OOOH Magic!!"
also,
"You went to four years of college, and 4 years of medical school, so that makes you, what, at least 8; GROW UP!!"
Old 12-06-02, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
One of the very best shows on TV. Just hilarious. The David Copperfield thing was damn funny.
Old 12-06-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This show is consistently the funniest show on TV!
Old 12-06-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think NBC has finally broken the 'Thursday after8-before9 timeslot show sucks' streak. Scrubs is very funny indeed. Maybe it's time Will and Grace moved back to wherever it came from.
Old 12-06-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
This is definitely the funniest show on tv - J.D. and Dr. Cox play off of each other exceptionally. Hell, the whole cast has great chemistry.

The David Copperfield flashback was indeed hilarious.

I wonder if my wife will get mad if we stuff our dog when it dies.
Old 12-06-02, 12:30 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was good to. David Copperfield bit was funny so were Turks reactions to whatever Carla said while she was giving out her advice, in particular to Dr. Cox and the head nod after Jordan came up to them, was hilarious.
Old 12-06-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Come on people, what about Ted the lawyer He had some good moments this episode too. But where was the Janitor? I think this is the first episode I haven't seen him in.
Old 12-06-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually the funniest bit was when the old doc comes into the lawyer's office and tells Elliott that he's been sued 4 times, and on cue, the lawyer leans over and puts up 10 fingers to show Eliott that the old doc has been sued 10 times. Totally LOL!
Old 12-06-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Patman
the lawyer leans over and puts up 10 fingers to show Eliott that the old doc has been sued 10 times.
And then when Kelso turns around, he goes "Yay"
Old 12-06-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the show was great as usual. I don't think i've ever seen an episode where I haven't been constantly laughing.
Old 12-06-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
may 12th?
Old 12-06-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
I think NBC has finally broken the 'Thursday after8-before9 timeslot show sucks' streak. Scrubs is very funny indeed. Maybe it's time Will and Grace moved back to wherever it came from.
They more than broke it, they reversed it. Now the in-between show is better than the ratings winners. I just hope they keep Scrubs on Thursday and push it to become the show that carries the night instead of being considered filler by the general public who remember mediocre shows like Jesse, Inside Schwartz and that show with one of the Weekend at Bernie's guys.

I agree, Scrubs is the best sitcom on TV right now. It just edges out That 70s Show for me right now. Those are probably the only two shows that could literally make me fall off the couch
Old 12-06-02, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Roto
...and that show with one of the Weekend at Bernie's guys.
You mean The Single Guy with Jonathan Silverman (writen by Brad Hall - Julia Louis Dreyfus' husband).

I'm not sure this should would work too well as an 8 or 9pm audience anchor. While I think it IS the most clever and funny show on network TV right now, it IS also witting and charmingly quirky like Malcolm in the Middle and may not do what NBC would expect of a Friends replacement in terms of numbers. (Obviously it would need a warm up period where the original numbers Friends got would seriously dip until Scrubs caught on.)

In the meantime, I LOVE this show. The characters are all so much more REAL that most sitcoms on TV today. My favorite will always be Dr. Cox.
Old 12-07-02, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show always gets from me. I can only hope my intern and residency years will be as interesting as the characters'.
Old 12-07-02, 08:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you're saying that you want to get jumped by one of the hospital's board members, huh? Kinky.

I feel like they were going to go somewhere really big for Carla, but I feel like they backed off. When she was getting all spacy staring at Jordan & Dr. Cox, I thought she was realizing that she liked Dr. Cox or something. I didn't want the character to go there... but it felt like when it finally got to the revelation, it was like a thirty-second deal, and then Turk was like, "Hey, I'm gonna go put Rowdy in front of someone else's door... see ya!"

Speaking of Rowdy, he is my favorite television dog ever. Hmm... okay, well, he's tied with Triumph. All the physical/stupid comedy they do with him is great... like Turk acting like Rowdy was dragging him out the door. For some reason, comedy gold.

I thought the "lesson" from Dr. Cox was really good last night. You can do everything right on a patient and he can still croak on you... sometimes, it's just someone's time. Thankfully, it goes the other way, too... some patients can have everything wrong done to them and still live.
Old 12-07-02, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
it had Allan Ruck in it too
first time I've seen scrubs, will have to start watching more often
Old 12-07-02, 11:21 AM

Paraphrased from a previous post by Static Cling
All the physical/stupid comedy they do with him is great... like Turk acting like Rowdy was dragging him out the door. For some reason, comedy gold.
OK I'm glad I wasn't the only one laughin at that, that killed me, and I just thought myself to be a very very simple person at that point, but alas it was actually found funny by someone else too *whew*