Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (12/4)-TWO HOUR EPISODE

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: At the end of the two-hour episode, which team will arrive last at the pit stop?
Derek & Drew "Wonder Twins" (FF-2, FP-2&3, 8)
5.00%
Flo & Zach (FF-7, FP-7)
5.00%
Teri & Ian "Oldest Team" (FF-6, FP-6, LP-2&3)
80.00%
Ken & Gerard "Oh Brother" (FF-1, FP-1,4,5, LP-7)
5.00%
John Vito & Jill (LP-8)
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race (12/4)-TWO HOUR EPISODE

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
What the hell is wrong with you Drew or Derek (whichever one is single)? Are you actually considering getting together with Flo? If so, you are an idiot. You have seen the monster firsthand. Now, if you are just going to get a pop or are flirting with her to help yourself in the game, then that's cool. But, if you actually have any type of relationship with her, then damn. You are a good looking guy and can probably pull all of the wool you could ever want. Just wondering.
i honestly think drew is playing her just to help them win...which is smart. take advantage of her stupidity and naiviety.

you saw dereks wife...drew can easily do as good...flo is not that good.
Old 12-05-02, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
If you watched "Entrapment" you'd know a bit more about Malaysia and those towers.
first thing i thought too.
Old 12-05-02, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
If you watched "Entrapment" you'd know a bit more about Malaysia and those towers.

I
Yeah, or any of those TLC or Travel channel shows.
Old 12-05-02, 12:37 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Answering my own question: the Petronas Towers are in fact currently the tallest buildings in the world. However, there are buildings currently under construction in Taipei and Melbourne that will be even taller when completed.

Still doesn't explain why the narrator of the show kept calling them the "tallest towers in ASIA."

I also noticed that both fountains featured last night were referred to as "the biggest fountain in the world."
Old 12-05-02, 01:13 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Are they still? They made a point in the show to call them ASIA's Tallest Buildings.
depends on your definition but pretty much yes.

One of the most competitive contests in construction, the "world's tallest" title passes regularly from skyscraper to skyscraper. Architects and engineers heartily embrace the challenges of building higher, and corporations and cities are always attracted to the glory of towering over the competition. So, which building is the highest?

There is some debate over which building holds the record. Not everybody agrees on which structures should be considered. Traditionally, the architectural community defines a building as an enclosed structure built primarily for occupancy. This excludes a lot of extremely tall freestanding structures, such as Toronto's 1,815-foot (553-m) CN Tower, from the running.

Even within "traditional buildings" there is some controversy. Conventionally, decorative structures count toward height, but antennas do not, giving the Petronas Towers in Malaysia, built in 1997, at 1,483 feet (452 m) each, the official lead. However, if rooftop antennas were included in the total height measure, the Sears Tower in Chicago would take first prize at 1,730 feet (527 m). Many Chicagoans also point out that their Sears Tower has the highest occupied floor, at 1,431 feet (436 m), and the highest traditional roof at 1,454 feet (443 m).

Top Ten (July 2001)
1. Petronas Towers (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) - 1,483 ft (452 m)
2. Sears Tower (Chicago, USA) - 1,454 ft (443 m)
3. Jin Mao Building (Shanghai, China) - 1,379 ft (420 m)
4. Empire State Building (New York City, USA) - 1,250 ft (381 m)
5. Central Plaza (Hong Kong, China) - 1,227 ft (374 m)
6. Bank of China (Hong Kong, China) - 1,209 ft (369 m)
7. Emirates Towers (Dubai, UAE) - 1,149 ft (350 m)
8. The Centre (Hong Kong, China) - 1,149 ft (350 m)
8. T&C Tower (Kaohsiung, Taiwan) - 1,140 ft (347 m)
10. Amoco Building (Chicago, USA) - 1,136 ft (344 m)
Source: WorldsTallest.com
Old 12-05-02, 01:14 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

And how about Teri calling Ian I-an, just like I-an Ziering from 90210.. Maybe she thinks he looks like him, or maybe that's her I am angry name for him
Old 12-05-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I feel sorry for Terri and I-an's sons.
Old 12-05-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't I-an's oldest son look like Beavis?
Old 12-05-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
what a great show - I can't believe I have never watched a complete episode before.

my thoughts:

Zack needs to punt Flo you know where...has she been like this since the beginning of the race? I hope she is getting played by the single twin, because that would be too funny.

I can't believe the twins were the only pair to bungee.

The Bald Brothers are quite entertaining

The old couple is annoying and the disposable underwear sequence was completely UNNECESSARY!

From what little I saw of John Vito and Jill, I liked them - they should get a completely separate prize for attempting to eat that wheel of cheese - they had to have thrown up (like something out of Jackass), but no they show the old lady's drawers...

I will keep watching this show, it's more entertaining than a lot of shows out there (might be the best 'reality' show on tv).
Old 12-05-02, 02:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

It is by far the most entertaining reality show, as it combines, racing with travel and exotic locales, how awesome do switzerland and Austria look ?
Old 12-05-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what a great show!

i'm pissed that John Vito and Jill got the boot.. i was rooting for them to win!

now i guess i'll have to switch my allegiance to the next best team: Ken and Gerard! they crack my $#!t up! i laughed outloud a few times during this episode thanks mainly to them..

just to repeat what most other people have said, FLO IS HOT but she is stanky and high maintenance. i am not an aggressive person, but i wanted to slap flo at the end of the first episode..
how annoying can one person get..
"I don't want to gooo hoooome.." *shiver*
i would only *boink* her if she had a gag..
-di doctor-
Old 12-05-02, 03:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by DrRingDing
i would only *boink* her if she had a gag..
I'd need a bag over the head as well. That lazy eye of hers freaks me out.
Old 12-05-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would only boink her if I never had to see her or, more importantly, hear her ever again.
Old 12-05-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would only boink her if...

ummm...

I wasn't married.
Old 12-05-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone ever needed the gimp mask (with orange rubber ball) from Pulp Fiction - it 's her.

Why do I get the feeling she's gonna grow old and die alone?
Old 12-05-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
It is by far the most entertaining reality show, as it combines, racing with travel and exotic locales, how awesome do switzerland and Austria look ?
I sooo want to see Switzerland now and that gorge thing in Geneva. I'm not even gonna try and type out that name. The country is just beautiful.
Old 12-05-02, 05:24 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nevermind

Why do I get the feeling she's gonna grow old and die alone?
That's not such a nice thing to say about anyone
somebody loves her, that's for sure, Zach wants her bad, so he will put up with the sheite. It's gonna be teri and ian in reverse in 30 years time.

As an aside, this is probably the busiest thread we had on this show so far
Old 12-05-02, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

somebody loves her, that's for sure, Zach wants her bad, so he will put up with the sheite. It's gonna be teri and ian in reverse in 30 years time.

That did sound harsh -sorry-

I meant it more like the fact that her attitude and whining (if it's the same in real life) would keep anyone away from her for an extended period of time - Zach aside. But I think he is waking up (and I bet he'll have plenty of offers from other women with less "issues" once this show is over). He seems like he is a genuinely nice guy.
Old 12-05-02, 06:08 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Cool,
I just rather spread goodwill amongst people at this time of year.
Old 12-05-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool,
I just rather spread goodwill amongst people at this time of year.
Understood .

Of course, Christmas or not - She still needs the gimp mask for the remainder of the show, IMO
Old 12-05-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great show that never fails to entertain.

John Vito and Jill were really nice, so I was sorry to see them go but, as someone else noticed, they were the less "entertaining" team. It would've been nice to see a genuinely nice team go further tho even at the expense of what we usually call "entertainment" value.

My favourites since week 1 were the wondertwins, basically because everyone rallied against them in the beginning for no good reason at all. However, they lack the wits that made the 2 lawyers strong in the first season (they were my favourites from the beginning too). Chris and Alex last year didn't seem to me as good as the lawyers, but were good enough (my favs were Blake&Page). This season there are two teams that I would dread winning because one member is so annoying even if the other deserves lots (the annoying ones are of course Ian and Flo).

The best winners would be K&G of course. They are the funniest, they are not "wonder"-guys but very average looking. But they seem to be happy with who they are and enjoying every bit of their lives. The twins look like they are forced to live up to expectations that are probably imposed on them in lots of situations and they feel this pressure. They are clearly not as smart as K&G, but they allied themselves right in various situations (esp. their pact with K&G earlier in the race) when they needed the help most.
Old 12-05-02, 06:34 PM

I meant it more like the fact that her attitude and whining (if it's the same in real life) would keep anyone away from her for an extended period of time - Zach aside. But I think he is waking up (and I bet he'll have plenty of offers from other women with less "issues" once this show is over). He seems like he is a genuinely nice guy.

You know, maybe this is why I'm still alone, lonely and single after 41 years, but if I were in love with someone (female) and very good friends with her and it seemed like we just might have a future together, and then she meets this good looking guy and basically drools over him and starts using me, only for her benefit, then I'd dump her ass right away.

Of course Zach can't do that right now, but after they win or are eliminated, he should say thanx for the memories and thanx for wasting the last xx years of my life and then dump her immediately. There's no way I would want to be 2nd choice! If he ends up staying with her and her whining ways, then he deserves all of the grief that he will get during the rest of their lives together.

And no, you cannot stay best friends with someone that you are in love with after they pick someone else over you, especially when you know deep down in your heart that you have treated her with respect and like a queen all these years, and then she falls for someone, who after getting what he wants, will treat her like dirt and then she'll come running back to you with her tail between her legs, asking for forgiveness. Sorry no can do!

***The preceeding in no way bears any resemblance to anything that has happened to me in the past***
Chris
Old 12-05-02, 06:43 PM

I ain't afraid to agree with you!! Man , if anyone deserves bad karma, it's Flo.
She is gonna meet/date tons of guys, but her sorry ass is gonna get dumped every time. As soon as she opens her "cake-hole" everyone should just run in the opposite direction as fast as they can!!
Old 12-05-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

this is season 3 right?

does cbs put full seasons on dvd like they do with survivor?

i watched season 1 and liked it. forgot about 2 (unless this is 2 but i thought there was 3) and got hooked again on 3.
Old 12-05-02, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by atari2600
this is season 3 right?

does cbs put full seasons on dvd like they do with survivor?

i watched season 1 and liked it. forgot about 2 (unless this is 2 but i thought there was 3) and got hooked again on 3.
No, this is Season 3 and no word yet on any DVD sets. It would be great to have deleted scenes and bloopers on these sets.

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.