TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Snl 11-16-2002

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-02, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snl 11-16-2002

Astronaut Jones...green titties....lol!

The hostess looks kinda...I don't know...skanky too..or anorexic...
Old 11-16-02, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2 weeks in a row with 2 hostess that I've never heard of?!

What's going on with SNL? they can't find any "star" to host the show any more?
Old 11-16-02, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is the best episode so far this year. ROCKET!

Astronaut Jones!!!! My Favorite!

Drunk Girl.

"The wedding will be the first for Affleck, the third for Lopez, and the last for neither."

(By the way. The host is in 8 mile. She was in Cueless. And Don't say a Word.)
Old 11-16-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
This is the best episode so far this year.
That's not saying alot.

At least WU used their own jokes and not Conan's this week. But, then again, most of the time was killed by "Drunk Girl" and the return of the ever so funny Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" joke.

Ha ha.
Old 11-17-02, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard Sandler was supposed to be on to do the new Hanauka Song...what gives??

I liked during the highly unfunny Leather sketch where Jimmy Fallon kept almost losing it....

Astronaut Jones is the ****...that sketch owns...

MATT
Old 11-17-02, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
That's not saying alot.
I agree. But it was a good episode no matter what the context.

Sandler will probably show up next week so he can plug his cartoon.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 11-17-02 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-17-02, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Sandler was at the closing curtain call [whatever the hell that call the last segment where the host thanks everyone]. And the unfunny skanky host did thank him & Rob Schneider.

Maybe the skit they were in was so funny, they felt they had to cut it out to keep the level of crap consistent?
Old 11-17-02, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hannukah Song, Part III was pretty lame, except "Jennifer Connelly's half Jewish, I'd like to put some more in her."

Astronaut Jones was pretty funny as usual. Great to see Garrett Morris, even if only in a gratuitous part.

As for Murphy, she's "starred" in (not just been in) more than a few major Hollywood films, including one of the most critically acclaimed films of the year, not to mention being the voice of Luanne. In no way am I a fan of her work, but she's certainly a big enough "star" to host the show. Come to think of it, didn't she present at the Oscars this year?

On a side note, yet another week where Mad TV was the better show.

das
Old 11-17-02, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's Britney Murphy. She always looks skanky. She looked like a crazed lunatic when Eminem performed on MTV awards.

Drunk girl is just repulsive.

Green titties was funny.

Mild laughter mainly.

"It's gettin' hot in here so take off all your clothes!!"
Old 11-17-02, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Religitalbes!

Armageddon? Armageddon out of here!
Old 11-17-02, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
SANDLER
Old 11-17-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I agree the host looked skankish
too much eye shadow in the opening (watching it on tape that's as far as I've gotten)
looks like she has 2 black eyes from a fight, or has been on a crack smoking bender all week, like that Yasmine Bleeth mug shot

the leather skit was ok but Fallon started cracking up right away before they even did anything funny other than the sound effects.
I like it though because I find his complete leather suit to be funny, even the tie and dress shirt are leather

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-17-02 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-17-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

anyone else hate drunk girl (and most of the characters that guy does)?
Old 11-17-02, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by mdc3000
I heard Sandler was supposed to be on to do the new Hanauka Song...what gives??
Sandler was on at the very beginning of the show and he did sing the somg with a kids choir as his backup. And Rob Schnider came out and sang a couple lines with him.
Old 11-17-02, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
That's not saying alot.

At least WU used their own jokes and not Conan's this week.
Each week someone posts that SNL used jokes that Conan told during the week. But has anyone stopped to think that Conan may have been using their jokes? Both shows are filmed in the same building and Conan used to write for SNL. Also I read that the writers for SNL start working on the next weeks show sometimes as soon as Saturday's show goes off the air. And Conan frequently has the guest host for that weeks SNL on his show.
Old 11-17-02, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by WWE Jedi
Each week someone posts that SNL used jokes that Conan told during the week. But has anyone stopped to think that Conan may have been using their jokes? Both shows are filmed in the same building and Conan used to write for SNL. Also I read that the writers for SNL start working on the next weeks show sometimes as soon as Saturday's show goes off the air. And Conan frequently has the guest host for that weeks SNL on his show.
"The chicken or the egg?"
Old 11-17-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Astronaut Jones is always killer, though the theme song sounded a wee bit different (w/ horns and backing singers, not as good). I dunno, I kinda liked the Time Travelin' Scott Joplin sketch, just bizarre. And I hate hate hate Drunk Girl! Damn that character's like a black hole from which no comedy can escape...

Did anybody else think the Welcome Back Potter thing was gonna be an actual sketch instead of a commercial parody? Too bad, might've been good.
Old 11-17-02, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
Sandler was on at the very beginning of the show and he did sing the somg with a kids choir as his backup. And Rob Schnider came out and sang a couple lines with him.
OH NO! You've got to be kidding me... I tuned in just as the cast credits were starting...so I had only missed the opening...the only skit I was dying to see... ****!

MATT
Old 11-17-02, 03:33 PM

This week was only the second time that I saw Drunk Girl. First time I saw her was when Hugh Jackman was hosting, and I thought Hugh was playing her because "she" made a reference to wanting to have sex with Hugh Jackman.
Old 11-17-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
The only skit that made me even chuckle was Religitables. The rest of the show was yawn-inducing and I find Brittany Murphy neither attractive nor talented. Amazing how much Will Ferrell meant to the show that it has fallen so far in his absence. On that note, I hope they release of Best of Ferrell DVD soon.
Old 11-17-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Donahue sketch was hilarious. And Astronaut Jones.

Best episode of the season, by far.
Old 11-17-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Good god this episodes sucked nuts!

The leather sketch has never been funny and will continue to not be funny....till people loss all sense of hope and that's all comedy that were allowed to view, but it still wouldn't be funny.

Britanny Murphy looked like a crack whore, I haven't seen 8Mile, but I remember her as someone with a little more (any?) meat on her bones....totally unattractive.

Drunk girl....ugh!

But on a positive note, Astronaut Jones!
And the opening rap-off thing was pretty funny, i enjoyed the digs at each others characters and Corky Romano.
Old 11-17-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this episode was the best of this season. I think Britney Murphy is hot, a little too thin, but still hot. Not all the sketches were hillarious, IMHO, but they were enjoyable and not painful like many weeks. I enjoyed the songs too.
Old 11-18-02, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great, I picked this show to upgrade my tivo's harddrive and missed it except for the girl with no gaydar.
Old 11-18-02, 08:57 AM

--"If these guys are all gay then why is my sister's husband here?" Funnier on the John Goodman episode, but still good.

--Astronaut Jones ROCKS! Tracy Morgan continues to impress me. It's clear when they let him do his thing he's most comfortable. You always know how the Astronaut sketches end, but this was as hard as I laughed at SNL in a while. And yes, I think they added some backup singers.

--My mom called me the next day to ask if I watched SNL. She was still laughing about the Leather sketch. While I give Horatio Sanz props for being as confident as he is, I worry he and Jimmy Fallon are turing into a latter-day Tim Conway and Harvey Korman.

--Time Travelling Scott Joplin. Weird, but funny. My interest in having sex with Maya Rudolph have somewhat tapered off, though, after seeing her in that outfit.

--Jarrett's Room (sp?). Was that the first one of the season? I thought that was Brittany Murphy's best performance of the night. It was great to see her zone out and have the other guys just stare at her. "Or as we like to call them, 'featheren'..." "Take us out DJ Jonathan Feinstein!"

--Did Brittany Murphy sniff a few lines before the show or what? When a cast member has to read one of the host's lines (Gaydar sketch) you know something's wrong. They couldn't book Kim Basinger??

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.