Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Do any of you watch the Jamie Kennedy X?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-02, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the funniest shows on tv, its about a guy that goes undercover and makes himself look really stupid, and does the funniest things ever, I laugh so hard every time i see this, its on thursdays, on WB. If you haven't seen it you should watch it!
Old 11-07-02, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

JKX rocks... This show is consistantly hilarious... I heard they were working on a Brad Gluckman movie... I'd love to head out to my multiplizzex to see this flizzick... gin and juice!

MATT
Old 11-07-02, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh oh ... it pains me to agree with someone whose favorite show was Dark Angel , but JKX is damn funny. I actually considered starting a "What is Your Favorite JKX Prank?" a few times. The half-hour kind of dies down after the first big "experiment," but that first one is side-splittingly funny.

Two that stick out big in my mind are the Freddie Prinze, Jr. cult of Bliss and the old guy in the Rascal who was serving his final table after a long career as a waiter. Hiring the classical pianist for the hip-hop/rap group was pretty good too.

das
Old 11-07-02, 10:12 PM

what can you give to Bliss?
...classic
Old 11-07-02, 10:29 PM

Hey whats wrong with Dark Angel?
Old 11-07-02, 11:19 PM

It's a good show, but really depends on who they "x". My all-time favorite episode of that was girl Jamie was giving driving lessons to. The look of sheer terror on her face when Jamie's character went back to his ex-wife's place was absolutely hilarious!
Old 11-08-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My fave was the one where Jamie was a tour guide and took a bunch of people into BOB SAGET'S house... that one was hilarious...

MATT
Old 11-08-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah Bob Saget's house was great. Further proof that Bob Saget actually has a sense of humor despite Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos.

I like the show, but they seem to recycle the same bits a lot so I don't make a point of watching it every week. I heard he's doing a movie based on the Malibu rapper character.
Old 11-08-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,668 Posts
Loved the hour long special yesterday. That "Indecent Proposal" reversal X was hilarious... especially the second one where he proposes to the guy.

That Mike Bibby sketch made me laugh too...
(describing a Blackjack game)
"All I told him was, look, I've got two Kings. Shaq and Kobe!"

i thought the mom was going to kill him after the wedding one.

I do dislike that freakish jaw surgery bit he does. And does anyone else think that, the more popular the show gets (though it is on the WB after all) the harder it's gonna be for him to fool people?
Old 11-08-02, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the show is consistently funny, but I don't watch it on a consistent basis. Not anymore, anyway. When it first came on, I did.

Gin and juice!

Old 11-08-02, 05:01 PM

Yeah, i loved when he was giving the proposes to the guy, it was so funny, the driving one with the girl was also hilarous, the other one i thought was great when he was the black jack dealer, and like he just got surgery and couldn't talk!
Old 11-08-02, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like JKX but I think I like Invasion of the Hidden Cameras a little bit better, maybe because the practical jokes are a little meaner.
Old 11-08-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All I said was Kobe and Shaq beats two kings.

JKX can be really funny sometimes. I've always loved his Malibu rapper character. Hilarious.
Old 11-10-02, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by Roto
I heard he's doing a movie based on the Malibu rapper character.

....he talked about doing the movie when he was on Leno....can't remember if he said they had already film or if they were just getting set to start filming it though....
Old 11-10-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Roto

I like the show, but they seem to recycle the same bits a lot so I don't make a point of watching it every week. I heard he's doing a movie based on the Malibu rapper character.
Yeah, like I said in my post (2nd from the top) he's making a movie, I heard it was called SUCKAZ, then known as MALI-BOOTAY, now titled MALIBU'S MOST WANTED...guess we'll have to wait and see which title gets used, but anyhow... it is starring the character Brad Gluckman, the malibu rapper. Apparently it's in post production and should be out sometime next year...

MATT

from the hood...malibu, represent! gin and juice.
Old 11-11-02, 11:13 AM
Banned

The show is funny at times but it is obviously staged.

In one of the bits (the waiter with the jaw wired open) I clearly saw light stands in the background for the cameras.
Old 11-11-02, 11:56 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

its a good show but i like Comedy Centrals "Trigger Happy TV" better. They do a prank where the guy dressed as a security guard at the park harasses old people asking them if theyve been spraying gang grafitti around lol
Old 11-11-02, 07:46 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

The malibu rapper, and the driver ed one are great, I wonder if the Malibu rapper movie would even do good at the box office, I will love it though. that is Jamie's best character IMO
Old 11-14-02, 12:02 PM
Banned

Malibu rapper is the LEAST original character he does, IMO.

Anybody can play a "wigger."
Old 11-14-02, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funny show... you guys might like "Oblivious" on TNT Sunday's at 9pm also. I'm addicted to this show and it's the same kind of humor.
Old 11-15-02, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Save Ferris
its a good show but i like Comedy Centrals "Trigger Happy TV" better. They do a prank where the guy dressed as a security guard at the park harasses old people asking them if theyve been spraying gang grafitti around lol
The problem with that show for me is that while the first time I saw it, I thought it was funny as hell. I have seen it about 3 times since and it is basically the exact same pranks over and over again. Still worth a look though.