Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"24" 11.05.2002

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts
BTW, when the guy got out of his car, Kim should have just floored it into him.
Old 11-06-02, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Afraid I'm w/ the consensus here...

Originally posted by juiio
His car had one of those security tracking devices. That's why he called the tracking company and asked them to tell him the location of his car.

He wasn't looking for the sister in law. He was going to his car to run errands for his fiance and the sister in law happened to be in the car. That's why he mentinoed that he'd park the car on the other side of the street when he got back.

Okay, fair enough. I'll give you the first one. Now that you mention it, I remember him making the call. I withdraw that as a DEM. I can easily substitute the conveniently placed construction crew that blocked her exit.

As for the second one, whether or not (and you're right, he wasn't specifically tracking her down) he was looking for her, he came around at exactly the right moment to create a little artificial suspense. (I think w/o Kim's shenanigans, I would've bought that easier, but my patience was wearing thin by then...)
Old 11-06-02, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by juiio
BTW, when the guy got out of his car, Kim should have just floored it into him.
Well, I think the less traumatic option would have been to reverse towards the vehicle that was backing into the alley, honking the horn wildly. They would have got the message and pulled back out.
Old 11-06-02, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by Patman
They did screw up the timing at the start of the episode where they show Jack in the helicopter with the new CTU female agent, and then they drop off Jack, and within 2 minutes, the female agent is back at her CTU desk. I don't think so.
I noticed that too, I thought maybe I wasn't paying attention and they were two different agents (similar looking actresses?)
Because not only was she back at her desk, it appears she had been working on something at her computer for awhile.
Old 11-06-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trelach24
Here's what makes NO sense at all.....at the end of last season Jack was all over TV at the end.....and now he's going undercover again with guys he knows? Didn't anyone think of the possibility that after he was on TV after saving Palmer last season one of these bad guys he knows would see it and go "Oh damn! That guy's a cop!"
I thought that too, but could not remember him actually being on television in season 1.
Old 11-06-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yawn.

Again, I like the main plot with Jack, mainly because Keifer is a fantastic actor. A little silly that he can go undercover, but the show's never made an attempt to make sense, so why start now?

Kim's storyline got lamer than before, and I agree with all who believe she did in fact get dumber than last season. It was painful enough to put up with 24 hours of her and her idiot mother running around to push the plot along; I don't think I can take another 24 hours of this stupidity. It still amazes me that people like this kind of manipulative storytelling. "Let's turn down that alley!" At least she didn't leave the car on the side of a cliff while getting out to "check for badguys." Give her time.

Clear again that either the "real time" aspect won't be followed or CTU possesses wormhole technology.

das
Old 11-06-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I did enjoy watching Kim running around/through the alleys.
Old 11-06-02, 09:20 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 609 Likes on 349 Posts
I can just about take a stupid Kim Bauer (she's easy on the eyes), but the whiny kid has GOT to go! (I know she's missing, but I bet that won't last more than two episodes.)

I LOVED Mason's cowardly retreat!
Spoiler:
We can see from the preview for next week, however, that he gets caught up in the attack on CTU and won't get out as easily as he hoped.

I agree that the planned attack on CTU is not directly related to the nuclear bomb, but Jack will undoubtedly uncover some evidence while foiling that plot which will lead him to the big bad guys.
Old 11-06-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Afraid I'm w/ the consensus here...

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson

Maybe construction workers are especially laid back in L.A., but around here, that guy would have had @ five of them all over him: two for reasons of chivalry and three in a vain attempt to impress Kim and get a chance to Go Downtown, if you know what I mean...
Old 11-06-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If the kid's head was hurting, Kim should have picked her up. She doesn't look that heavy. Anybody see Kim's cellphone left in her room right when Jack is leaving a message on it to get out of town? If the wife-beater really is one of the bad guys, and he sees Kim's cellphone with Jack's voicemail on it, do you think he could put 2+2 together and realize CTU is looking for them? I think that would make a pretty good twist.
Old 11-06-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
If the wife-beater really is one of the bad guys, and he sees Kim's cellphone with Jack's voicemail on it, do you think he could put 2+2 together and realize CTU is looking for them? I think that would make a pretty good twist.
If the wife beater is one of the bad guys, I'm going to start watching Smallville on Tuesdays. How convenient would that be?

The more I think about how stupid the Kim thing is, the more I wish I had watched Smallville now that I think about it. "Oh, look an abandoned alley! Let's go there!"

Originally posted by samuelk
I originally wondered that, too. But what if she DOES yell for help? She has no legal right to keep the child from her father (she can't really prove that he hit anyone, unless the daughter says something, and that's no likely in her state).
So you think the police would have said, "Yeah I guess she resembles you. This crazy teenager is a damn liar!" Ok so it's the LAPD and maybe they would, but they more likely would have spent hours investigating the matter. Kim was supposed to get the kid out of there until her dad cooled off. Not take her away for ever.
Old 11-06-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
On the preview for next week I could've sworn Mason was yelling something about "the radiation". How would this be stumbling upon the attempt on the CTU? I took it to mean he was trying to foil the nuclear threat...

I don't think he's a coward at all. At first, I thought he himself was going to go after Kim after breaking his promise to Jack. Now I think he has more information than anyone else and is trying to foil the plot himself...

any comments on that?
Old 11-06-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Flynn •<HR SIZE=1>any comments on that? <HR SIZE=1>

Preview discussion should be in spoilers. Thanks.

das
Old 11-06-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree. I didn't watch the preview for next week because I didn't want any spoilers. Please use spoiler tags when discussing next week's episode.
Old 11-06-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
They did screw up the timing at the start of the episode where they show Jack in the helicopter with the new CTU female agent, and then they drop off Jack, and within 2 minutes, the female agent is back at her CTU desk. I don't think so.
I noticed that, too. I was like, "Geez, 2 minutes ago, she was taking off in a helicopter! Now she's sitting at her desk, calmly???"

I also thought Kim was pretty dumb. I'd have rammed his convertible.

But all that said, this is still the best series on TV. I can hardly wait till the next episode. It's amazing to me that they can keep pushing new twists and surprising me.
Old 11-06-02, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by MrN
Spoiler:
I have a feeling the guys out to blow up CTU are a red herring, unrelated to the Nuke people.
Is this the answer?

Spoiler:
At the end of the episode, when Jack asked what they were doing with the explosives in the van, didn't the one guy say "creating a diversion" or something like that? I just figured that they were going to set off the bomb, get the President, media, population, etc. focused on that particular incident, giving the other team of terrorists (with whom they are partnered) the opportunity to plant the "real" or nuclear bomb. Plus, the President might think that the threat is now over and let his guard down just enough for the second bomb to do maximum damage.
Old 11-06-02, 12:26 PM

Add me to the "can't stand the Kim storyline" brigade. My question-- what is psycho man's wife doing? Nothing? I'm just tired of "Kim in jeopardy" scenarios.

I like the fact that both Bauer and Palmer are less goody-goody than last year. For me, the holy sh** moment from last night's episode was the Secret Service detaining the reporter.

Maybe the Vice President is with Sherri Palmer?

Was Keith eaten by a Grizzly?
Old 11-06-02, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just idle speculation, but if you were planning on blowing up a nuke, it would be sensible to conventionally bomb CTU just to have them all scrambled and incoherent while you go about your business and get the real nuke in place to detonate.
Old 11-06-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by davejt1
Is this the answer?

At the end of the episode, when Jack asked what they were doing with the explosives in the van, didn't the one guy say "creating a diversion" or something like that
No, he said they were DOING A CONVERSION.... CONVERTING CTU INTO A CEMETARY...

So I don't think they are doing it to scramble up CTU for a bigger bomb... i think these thugs are just taking out CTU because they have a history with it, and could be hired to do so... I don't think it is to make the Pres think that this was the threat...

MATT
Old 11-06-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well next week according to tv guide
Spoiler:
kim ends up getting ahold of jack in the next episode
Old 11-06-02, 03:55 PM
Banned

Hey i wonder what the president's gonna do with that nosey reporter.I hope he gets iced,Kim too.
Old 11-06-02, 06:39 PM

Ahhh, the joys of fastforwarding during the Kim subplot. I am seriously not going to be able to watch this live until it ends. Now I know they need SOMETHING else to fill out the time Jack isn't beating people up, or Mason is.. well being Mason, but this is the best they could come up with for Kim? Hopefully I'm wrong and this will really turn into something , but right now it doesn't look good.

The guys Jack are in with now are definatly a diversion. Loved Jack kicking the crap out of the computer guy.

What was with Mason's vision? Think this was just a result of him being in a sort of daze seeing that report with the 89-93% probability of a detonation?(which would make sense considering his immediate reaction of trying to head out of town) That or this will be a recurring theme, and we'll eventually have the scene where Mason has to find a small button on a console of hundreds, he squints and somehow finds what he needs in order to save the world

Oh, I'm enjoying the scenes with Palmer much more thus far than last season.
Old 11-06-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Flynn
I don't think he's a coward at all. At first, I thought he himself was going to go after Kim after breaking his promise to Jack. Now I think he has more information than anyone else and is trying to foil the plot himself...

any comments on that?
I had the same (or at least similar) thoughts. Mason was pretty solid when push came to shove last year. I don't think (even if he is obviously an opportunist) that he got into his position by being that gutless.

Also, my guess is that these bozos Jack's hanging with now are more McVeigh style domestic terrorists. Whether they're cooperating w/ someone else or this whole avenue is a red herring is an interesting question.

(Wasn't that wound-the-fuses-too-tight dude the guy from Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do video?)
Old 11-06-02, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,070 Likes on 848 Posts
'24' Up; 'Frasier' Down

Fox's 24, which drew its best numbers ever for its season debut last week (8.0/11), drew even stronger numbers Tuesday night (8.5/12). The serial drama, starring Kiefer Sutherland, placed first in its time period among 18-49-year-olds but ranked second to NBC's Fear Factor (9.5/13) in households. ABC's new 8:00 p.m. sitcom 8 Simple Rules... also held up admirably, placing second in households in the overnights with a 9.5/14 but placing first in the 18-49 category. Ratings for NBC's Frasier continued to deteriorate, however, as it was pushed into the 9:30 p.m. half hour by a special 90-minute version of Fear Factor. The show's 9.5/11 result was well below last year's average.

Uhm. Wooo!
Old 11-06-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed this episode because of local election coverage. Anybody know if it will be replayed? Thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.