TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"24" 11.05.2002

Old 11-06-02, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quoth IamFlip <HR SIZE=1>I missed this episode because of local election coverage. Anybody know if it will be replayed? Thanks. <HR SIZE=1>

Mondays at 11pm on FX. FOX may also re-air it Monday night in prime time at the last minute like they did when they yanked girls club.

das
Old 11-06-02, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RichC2
'24' Up; 'Frasier' Down

Fox's 24, which drew its best numbers ever for its season debut last week (8.0/11), drew even stronger numbers Tuesday night (8.5/12). The serial drama, starring Kiefer Sutherland, placed first in its time period among 18-49-year-olds but ranked second to NBC's Fear Factor (9.5/13) in households. ABC's new 8:00 p.m. sitcom 8 Simple Rules... also held up admirably, placing second in households in the overnights with a 9.5/14 but placing first in the 18-49 category. Ratings for NBC's Frasier continued to deteriorate, however, as it was pushed into the 9:30 p.m. half hour by a special 90-minute version of Fear Factor. The show's 9.5/11 result was well below last year's average.

Uhm. Wooo!
maybe some people are realizing unlike last year, that you dont need to see every episode to understand the plot.
Old 11-07-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if it turns out that Joe and Co. are not connected to the nuke? That means Jack cut that guy's head off for nothing!

(well, not nothing -- he DID learn of this CTU bomb).
Old 11-07-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Professor Frink
What if it turns out that Joe and Co. are not connected to the nuke? That means Jack cut that guy's head off for nothing!

(well, not nothing -- he DID learn of this CTU bomb).

And get a child molester off the streets for good!
Old 11-08-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
maybe some people are realizing unlike last year, that you dont need to see every episode to understand the plot.
They might be understanding this...but I don't think it's very true... if you miss the first 4 episodes, you're screwed for all the set up... last year there were so many twist and turns that if you missed one episode, it was very hard to catch up and get the full effect... I think with early episodes, people will tune in, because it's easy to catch up, but I don't think you can miss a few episodes and then come back to the show....you really need to see it all to get the MOST out of the plot...

MATT
Old 11-08-02, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
(Wasn't that wound-the-fuses-too-tight dude the guy from Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do video?)
Yes! I recognized him too. Who is that dude and what else has he done?
Old 11-08-02, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Danger1313
Yes! I recognized him too. Who is that dude and what else has he done?
The Rock
Old 11-08-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I coulda sworn he was the guy who plays Tobias Beecher on Oz. Maybe I'm wrong, though......
Old 11-08-02, 03:55 PM

The guy is Gregory Sporleder, who also apparently was in Black Hawk Down. And guess who else had a bit part in The Rock? Our man Mason!

Anybody check out the 24 web site? It's pretty cool, with some faked up sites for President Palmer and one for Marie and Reza's wedding, as well as "research files" that tell some detail about a topic from the episode (Ep 1 is the Joint Chiefs, Ep 2 is the official US levels of alertness). But it looks like you can glean some spoilers from there, to wit:

Spoiler:
1. The Palmers are divorced
2. Kim has a boyfriend Miguel
3. Megan may have just an earache, nothing more serious
4. Kate Warner (the suspicious sister) looks to have a major role in whatever's going on
Old 11-08-02, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I also noticed:

Spoiler:
1. Tony is trained in hand-to-hand combat.
2. Jack will eventually get access to his desktop in CTU (maybe be reinstated?) because it's unavailable right now, but a major part of the website.
Old 11-08-02, 04:13 PM

And what's with all the degrees being from Georgetown or the UC system? I need some Big 10 representation!

Do you realize that the Mathesons are the nearest thing to a happy couple on this show?
Bauer-- wife dead
Mason-- divorced (from web site bio; hopefully not a spoiler)
Palmers-- estranged
Warner (father of bride)-- wife dead

Every other main character appears to be single. What's this show got against happy two-parent households? My god, they're almost like Disney.