Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 10/31/02

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shii-Ann made the mistake of assuming that when tribes live together, the challenges would immediately become individual. So she start scheming too early to quickly. She should've just make some friends with other tribe members but not defect yet.
Old 11-01-02, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm guessing there will be one more team challenge before the "merge", and that Sook Jai will win to make it a 4-4 merger.

I still maintain that the winner will come from Erin, Penny, Ken, or Jake. Probably not Ken though since he'll be viewed as too much of a physical threat. Unless he can put together a Colby-esque run of immunity wins, he'll probably get voted off when it is down to four.
Old 11-01-02, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt sorry for Shi and can totally understand why she got so happy. This IS a game after all. Aren't you supposed to be scheming? She just got bit in the butt because everyone and their mother saw how the first four Survivors went. She was burned, but that's the game. I'm disappointed because I liked her way better than Penny.
Old 11-01-02, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by atlantamoi
I'm disappointed because I liked her way better than Penny.
Me too. I'm not sure that I have a clear cut favorite and I'm not sure that one will emerge. But I do hope that Penny's smug ass is one the sidelines with Sk8er Boi Rob(b) real soon.
Old 11-01-02, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked this episode. I liked the twist as well. I think that it might have been better to keep Shii Ann, since she did make some inroads with the other tribe. She could have probably gotten rid of Erin and Penny, and then I think that the remainder of the other tribe might have gotten rid of Jan and Clay. I don't think that the members would have towed the camp lines to eliminate all of the other tribe. Of course, this is all based on a merger, which is going to happen sooner or later.
Old 11-01-02, 08:21 AM
Banned

It was nice to see Shi-Ann get what she deserved. And her speech at the tribal council while quite good, it still didn't stand a chance of working. And yes she did look pretty good in this episode
Old 11-01-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 690 Likes on 560 Posts
That was a great twist. I got to give a hand to the producers of Survivor. They are always up with new ideas to keep things fresh.

to CG for winning what was definitely a physical challenge.

As long as Jugs 2 stays around, I'll be happy. At the very least, she made the jury so I'll get to see her every week.
Old 11-01-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems as she is losing weight everywhere, except her chest. I wonder why this is?
Old 11-01-02, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog

As long as Jugs 2 stays around, I'll be happy. At the very least, she made the jury so I'll get to see her every week.
Who is Jugs 2? Erin?
Old 11-01-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth mookiemeister •<HR SIZE=1>Who is Jugs 2? Erin? <HR SIZE=1>

The gravitational pull from those orbs must be distorting your vision if you have to ask.

das
Old 11-01-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Who is Jugs 2? Erin?

No. Jan.
Old 11-01-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jan is Boozehound 2.
Old 11-01-02, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth mookiemeister •<HR SIZE=1>Who is Jugs 2? Erin? <HR SIZE=1>

The gravitational pull from those orbs must be distorting your vision if you have to ask.

das
Heh. I'm wearing a perscription glasses that are several years old. I think it maybe time to get a newer perscription.
Old 11-01-02, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
No. Jan.
You guys are attracted to Jan and her jugs? Just curious, how old are you guys anyways? I thought of the remaining 9 players, Erin is the fox of the bunch.
Old 11-01-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,990 Likes on 4,744 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
It seems as she is losing weight everywhere, except her chest. I wonder why this is?
She took a pair of breasts with her as her luxury item.
Old 11-01-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You guys are attracted to Jan and her jugs? Just curious, how old are you guys anyways? I thought of the remaining 9 players, Erin is the fox of the bunch.
Jan doesn't have jugs. She has flabs.

mmmmm flabs.
Old 11-01-02, 01:47 PM

Ken is a snake in the grass and they should get rid of him soon, otherwise he will be in contention for the big prize. Unless I missed something, Shi Ann only talked to Ken about her feelings towards Penny and the other tribe after the non-merge, so Ken obviously told the others what she said before Tribal Council. That was naughty and self-serving, Ken!

I was thinking this season wasn't nearly as good as the last one, but last night's episode was definitely more interesting. I loved the twist! I would like to see them merge much later now, just to make things more interesting. I still don't have a favorite, but I definitely don't want anyone from Sook Jai to win.
Old 11-01-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

I take it that you don't understand sarcasm.
Old 11-01-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Struz

There was way too much Shi-Ann in that episode.
That is why it was painfully clear she would get the boot. It is one of the laws of Survivor editing: Face Time = Eviction. It comes down to Shi-Ann Vs. Penny, well, Shi-Ann had the most face time this episode, so "Good-bye Shi-Ann. Last week, Robbbbb Vs. Shi-Ann, Robbb had the most face time...

I knew Penny would stay and she probably should last awhile because they have shown so little of her, basically just talk, "Penny isnt trustworthy... Penny said thiis, said that." But it is all mainly talk, they havent shown Penny do much, shown her speak much, which bodes well for her. Once she starts getting a lot of face time early in the episode, she's a goner.

A laughed pretty hard when Clay's bumpkin ear mangled her name and called Shi-Ann- "Shin".

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 11-01-02 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-01-02, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Brian's the snake of the bunch.
Old 11-01-02, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Was it just me, or was Shiian's ass looking good this episode? (Wrinkled old man, notwithstanding)
Ding, ding!! That's what I came to this thread looking for...her whole self was looking good!!!

Course, we knew she was gonna be a goner.

P.S. Is it possible that we have discovered the first woman to have implants that is not a bimbo or a superficial ding dong?

How about that drunk, spewing King Brian? Oh man, I love when these guys think they are master manipulators.....

Last edited by Big Quasimodo; 11-01-02 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-01-02, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 187 Posts
What is Shii-Ann doing spilling all their secrets? That was stupid. She should have been like Helen.

Jan the lush

Brian - "I know what's going on. Except for two hours last night. I know what's going on most of the time."

I watch it as I go along so I don't have all the info yet

Ted's like "Yep. Uh-huh. Oh wow." and thinking "What a ditz!"
I think Penny's going out tonight.

OH GEEZ NOT A MERGER!!! Whoa I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Shii-Ann is SOOOOOO GOOOOONE!!
She stabbed Ken in the back and Ken's going to get Jake and Erin to vote against her. Penny's either going for Ken or Shii-Ann.

I think Chuay Gahn is going to win immunity because they will get the keys faster. I see a lot of dropped keys for Sook Jai.

"Friend or Foe." The clues were there all along.

Ohh that look from Jake. He let something go that wasn't shown in the camera.

Yeah, right, Shii-Ann never lied or backstabbed anybody. She's pretty much pleading now because she knows she's next. I think her bit about she can get inside Shuay Gahn's head got Ken's and Jake's attention but I think Ken's really hurt and she WILL go.

Wow Penny's smile. It's like "See yah!"

Shii-Ann was NOT going to be next. Penny was. She pretty much voted herself out.

This was an AWESOME episode.
Old 11-01-02, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 187 Posts
BTW I think you guys are giving Clay too little credit. Brian will go before him, and so will Jan and Ted (not in that order).

And this bears repeating - Jake's face at the council when Probst asked if too much was shared meant something. He let something BIG slip that wasn't filmed.
Old 11-02-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All I have to say is Shii-Ann in that swimsuit...
Old 11-02-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She devil is gone. she shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag too early, sharing info to clay and brian too soon. i think next week ep will be the merge since chuay ganh have 5 members, and suck jakk only have 4.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.