Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 10/27/02 (no new episode)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-02, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 10/27/02

Ummn... According to the abc.com site, this is supposed to be a new episode. There were new episode commercials on all week... But this seems a whole lot like a rerun of the first episode of the second season.

Did anyone hear anything about this being a rerun if the World Series went 7 games?

Or am I missing something?
Old 10-27-02, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
that is exactly what I am thinking.
it has to be the first episode.
Old 10-27-02, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Dude, glad its not just me.
I know for certain a new episode had been promoted all week for this Sunday. But I guess Game 7 forced there hand.
Old 10-27-02, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glad i'm not the only one! I thought my local affiliate had gone crazy or something! Why would they promote a "shocking" new episode then show a rerun?? Can I sue for false advertising?
Old 10-27-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet another reason to have TiVo. It told me Alias and The Practice would be repeats tonight. I checked ABC.com a few hours ago and received wrong information, but I've learned through experience that my TiVo is always more accurate than the web.

das
Old 10-27-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Man! I was SO looking forward to Alias tonight. But, Alas, it's a repeat. Wonder if The Practice will be too...
Old 10-27-02, 08:17 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking that ABC should have shown a disclaimer at the beginning of the episode saying that it was a "very special encore presentation of the season premiere", or something like that. Dissapointing b/c I really wanted to see the new episode, and I missed part of the baseball game while trying to figure out if this was a new episode or not.
Old 10-27-02, 09:41 PM

They're not burning a new episode again the World Series.

BUT...the new episode, "The Indicator", has gone out to the affiliates, and it has been captured. It can be found if you're determined...
Old 10-27-02, 10:04 PM

I was waiting all day for this, but it was the season premiere episode, so i just watched angel!
Old 10-27-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by El Gray
They're not burning a new episode again the World Series.
World Series doesn't gather titantic ratings these days. I don't think any other shows need to be preempted for it for rating reason.
Old 10-27-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yup, repeat here too. It sucks, for the World Series already ended in this time zone, and yet they chose to air the repeat. I can see how unfair it is for the other time zones, but jeez, how unfair of ABC to pull a last minute switch on us? Bastards.

So it looks like we'll have to wait a week. *sigh*
Old 10-27-02, 11:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, thank goodness. I came home, flipped on the TiVo and was like, "Where's Alias?!?!" They're showing the premiere at 1... whee.
Old 10-27-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ABC can't very well not show a new episode in the Eastern time zones and then show a new episode on the west coast. Think, people, think!

Plus, nobody in TV land wants to go head-to-head with a 7th game of the World Series if they can help it.

Angel did, show a new episode but it's because it started so late in the season, a repeat might have really disrupted their schedule (in terms of lining up some quasi crossover with Buffy later in the season).
Old 10-28-02, 01:58 AM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
World Series doesn't gather titantic ratings these days. I don't think any other shows need to be preempted for it for rating reason.
I agree with you... but I think that was the case tonight. Obviously the new episode was out there... I just finished watching a downloaded copy. (In my perfect world, sports would NEVER pre-empt regular programming.)

They COULD have aired it.

I like the fun conspiracy theory someone mentioned elsewhere tonight... Disney owns the CA Angels and didn't want to give their team ratings competition on ABC. Hehe...conspiracy theories kick ass.

Anyway, "The Indicator" was a pretty awesome episode with some decent action sequences and a couple of fairly massive plot points. I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 10-28-02, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, i thought that episode was pretty good. Plus the info you find out is pretty crazy, i was like dude that is messed up.

Last edited by Excelesor; 10-28-02 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-28-02, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Plus, nobody in TV land wants to go head-to-head with a 7th game of the World Series if they can help it.
NBC did... There was a new episode of Boomtown last night which I fell asleep during. Man I really wanted to see a new Alias episode, this pisses me off!
Old 10-28-02, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WHEW! The gods have smiled upon thee....

I fell asleep after 4 1/2 innings of the World Series (good thing nobody scored after that) and was bummed when I woke up because I missed Alias.

I was all set to come into this thread and sulk, but I'm glad to hear it was a repeat.

Old 10-28-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Practice was a repeat as well.

Kind of weird seeing repeats so early in the season.

Like last week's CSI was a repeat even though it's lead-in Survivor and leadout Without a Trace was new. What was up with that?
Old 11-01-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by El Gray
I just finished watching a downloaded copy.
Anyway, "The Indicator" was a pretty awesome episode with some decent action sequences and a couple of fairly massive plot points. I enjoyed it a lot.
Ditto. Can't wait for the rest of you guys to see this. TONS stuff to talk about.
Old 11-02-02, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
The Practice was a repeat as well.

Kind of weird seeing repeats so early in the season.

Like last week's CSI was a repeat even though it's lead-in Survivor and leadout Without a Trace was new. What was up with that?
I think they have a few reruns right before the November sweep period so during the sweep, they can show all new episodes to have better rating.