Search this Thread

Old 10-12-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Reba's hilarious!

Two shows so far and it gets better and better. I love this show It's hilarious
Old 10-13-02, 04:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree. She has to be one of the most sincere "stars" out there.

Rick
Old 10-13-02, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still hold a grudge against WB for cancelling Maybe It's Me and lost hope for their Friday night line up over all, but I have found What I Like About You to be laugh out loud funny. But Reba is really that good, huh? I might have to check it out. Anything has got to be better than the path they have taken Sabrina (and I used to love that show!)
Old 10-13-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sabrina is absolutely atrocious and is really holding WBFriday night down.

Reba is really funny and full of oddball characters anchored by Reba's presence.
What I Like About You, which looked like a sure turd from the commercials, is absolutely great....if nothing else the energy Amanda Bynes puts forward keeps the show from sucking. And Simon Rex is great as the clueless boyfriend, a role that doesn't actually require "acting" for him.

Welcome to Tuscon....a Hispanic sitcom, I gotta support that. It's particularly funny because I've gone through alot of that with my parents over the years.
Old 10-13-02, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think season one of "Reba" much better. The new season has that "Roseanne" feel to it - plus everybody got more make up and better clothes, so they looked less realistic than they did last season.

Sabrina has serious issues - for a show that's been on for 5 or more seasons, they've gone through dozens of cast changes, and many questionable things, skipping plots and not explaining things. Now it's a music-themed show centered around 3 young women...a far, far cry from the Archie comics.

Can't comment on the other two on the WB Friday lineup, since I don't watch them.
Old 10-14-02, 12:58 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

I didn't know others liked Reba. I've been a closet fan since it's debut. It's one of the few current sit-coms that keeps me laughing from start to finish.
Old 10-15-02, 10:53 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reba, go back to sing your country songs.

Old 10-17-02, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rduncan
I agree. She has to be one of the most sincere "stars" out there.

Rick

I used to work at a concert hall where she performed and she has to be one of the meanest performers ever. She really did treat her staff very poorly. It was kinda sad....I felt for her staff members, they seemed like they were there just to be abused. Thankfully none of the venue staff had to deal with her directly.

Other mentions in this category are:

Diana Ross, Tom Bosley (sp), and Tori Amos
Old 10-17-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Reba... nope, don't like her.

-k
###
Old 10-18-02, 04:12 PM

Actually, I think the best thing about WB's Friday night line-up right now is Greeting From Tucson. The writing is well-done, probably because it's based on the creator's real life experieces. There have been a couple of punchlines that came out of nowhere rather than being completely telegraphed like with Reba.

To Calhoun7: I agree, Maybe It's Me deserved a better fate. I think it's audience could have grown significantly if it had been given a second season. Julia Sweeney (sp) and Fred Willard (?) were brilliant as the parents.
Old 10-18-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Question... I've never watched this show because I have always considered Reba 2nd rate at best. I just don't like her music or her personality. Having said that, I think I remember her being in "Tremors" and she did not drive me crazy in that flick. If you like her show, did you like her before watching?
Old 10-19-02, 10:06 PM

Reba was terrific in Tremors, but I don't watch her TV show.